More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:56:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1738991 times)
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2475 on: 2010 June 23, 01:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys,

How do you play without the disc? I tried searches with "no cd" "no disc" "ts3.exe" but I can't find anything.

Thanks for your help.
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: 2010 June 23, 02:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Step 1: Install AwesomeMod.
Step 2: If the game asks for a disc, you did step 1 wrong.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: 2010 June 23, 02:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Step 1: Install AwesomeMod.
Step 2: If the game asks for a disc, you did step 1 wrong.

or configured AM wrong.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: 2010 June 23, 02:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys,

How do you play without the disc? I tried searches with "no cd" "no disc" "ts3.exe" but I can't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

Use MotokiBoot.  
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: 2010 June 23, 02:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FWIW, basbas, I've seen the exact same behaviour you describe, that is spawned sims not appearing in game unless you switch to them in Edit Town.
They appear, but the maptags need to be refreshed, otherwise you won't see their maptags right away. Switching to Edit Town will refresh the map tags

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: 2010 June 23, 10:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The maptags do appear, but the Sims themselves don't. When I click the map tag, the "Visit the Peasant-household"-option has been grayed out and the tooltip says "There's nobody home right now...". In Edit Town, it appears that they just live there, but they don't. When I switch to them via Edit Town, the game loads the household properly. I can't switch to them using the Awesome-way. It just takes a lot of time to switch to every household in town via Edit Town.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: 2010 June 23, 13:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The maptags do appear, but the Sims themselves don't. When I click the map tag, the "Visit the Peasant-household"-option has been grayed out and the tooltip says "There's nobody home right now...". In Edit Town, it appears that they just live there, but they don't. When I switch to them via Edit Town, the game loads the household properly. I can't switch to them using the Awesome-way. It just takes a lot of time to switch to every household in town via Edit Town.

Are you sure the sims are actually at home, and not at work/school/walking the neighbourhood?  Sometimes it can be difficult to actually catch sims at home.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: 2010 June 23, 13:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure the sims are actually at home, and not at work/school/walking the neighbourhood?  Sometimes it can be difficult to actually catch sims at home.

Wouldn't the tooltip say something like "Sim is out at the moment" then?
When I type in the babyboom command after spawnmoreoverlords, I can switch to the other households. They only contain a baby and a toddler then, and not the 'overlords'.
Also, when I save the game and load it again, all houses are just empty, with the standard "Nobody lives here"-tooltip and the empty house-icon next to the cursor.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: 2010 June 23, 13:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will look into it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: 2010 June 23, 20:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] When I click the map tag, the "Visit the Peasant-household"-option has been grayed out and the tooltip says "There's nobody home right now...". [...]

Wouldn't the tooltip say something like "Sim is out at the moment" then?

What, exactly, is the difference between "There's nobody home right now" and "Sim is out at the moment"?

INFP or something
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: 2010 June 24, 00:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the exploding auto payment of bills shortly after delivery be a cleverly crafted task of RHOG? I've only enabled it for the first time this go round due to the advent of laundry so am unfamiliar if it's that or something else that snuck in?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: 2010 June 24, 03:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RHOG automatically pays and banishes bills, just as if you had clicked the popup to pay them, yes. Since bill payment can be performed through player action without a cost in sim-time, it is included as part of RHOG, which covers all such tasks.

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: 2010 June 24, 10:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, exactly, is the difference between "There's nobody home right now" and "Sim is out at the moment"?

Well, that's the weirdness. I've never seen "There's nobody home right now" before. I only see it when using spawnmoreoverlords. It seems like the only data the game knows, is the name of the household and the family thumbnail, nothing more.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: 2010 June 27, 16:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the setfitness and setfatness commands still in awesomemod?  They used to work, but I can't get them to work anymore.  If they were taken out, what is the current accepted method of permanently changing my sim's body type?

EDIT 6/30: In case anyone else wonders, twallan's supercomputer contains the option.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 01, 01:29:42 by alaira » Logged
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: 2010 June 30, 21:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does the addlotsize command work exactly? See, I tried typing in "addlotsize 25x30" in the cheat console but it says it's not a recognized command. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: 2010 July 01, 01:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put a space in there or omit the x entirely. The parser is a bit twitchy.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: 2010 July 01, 04:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The parser is a bit twitchy.

Speaking of, I don't think "addtrait Photographer's Eye" is recognized in the console. I tried several ways with no luck, eventually editing traits in CAS to make that 1 of the 5 and addtrait-ing one that IS recognized.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: 2010 July 01, 04:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually the best way to get an addtrait to take is to chop off all punctuation and spaces from the trait name, as this is how the internal variables are.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: 2010 July 01, 04:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually the best way to get an addtrait to take is to chop off all punctuation and spaces from the trait name, as this is how the internal variables are.

I could swear I did that...but I'll try again next time I fire up the game.

Come to think of it, I may have dropped the apostrophe but not the space.  Undecided Thanks.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2494 on: 2010 July 01, 16:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way with AwesomeMod to make sims that are genetically related to your existing sims, but not children?  Let's say I have a sim, and I want to make a sibling or parent for them.  Can it go backwards without starting over with the most ancestral sim and working your way down?  I thought I read about something like this, but I don't remember where.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2495 on: 2010 July 01, 19:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod has been downloading for 24 minutes. It is only at 16%. The download speed is getting slower with each passing minute and the ETA just keeps on going up. This is less than a 5mb file...this is ridiculous. Is this happening to anyone else?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: 2010 July 01, 20:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod has been downloading for 24 minutes. It is only at 16%. The download speed is getting slower with each passing minute and the ETA just keeps on going up. This is less than a 5mb file...this is ridiculous. Is this happening to anyone else?

No, it's coded especially for you.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: 2010 July 01, 20:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's coded especially for you.

Cheesy

As I am sure most people have noticed, the site has been slow at times lately (for which I smell some TSR shenanigans). I find that if a download from alpha is going slow then switching to beta usually helps or vice versa.

If that doesn't work you just have to deal and it will pass.

Or nuke TSR's headquarters.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2498 on: 2010 July 01, 20:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alpha won't even attempt to load.

Beta is still downloading. I really, really hope the rar doesn't end up being corrupt or something when it finishes.
gryzon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: 2010 July 01, 21:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi.
Im Newbie in this theme so can you simple tell me what i need to run Awesome Mod ?
I have basic Sims 3 ver.1.6.6.... without any additives.
I know about package i have monkey program and package folder and run som others mods.

I dowloaded awesome.zip (unziped) & d3dx9_31.dll and put them in corect folders.
I delete others mods from package directory and its still dont work   Shocked

P.S. sorry for my english
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: