More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:42:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TSM for TS3
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSM for TS3  (Read 351881 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
TSM for TS3
« on: 2011 April 05, 16:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've started to convert some items from TSM for TS3. As I'm sure other people are as well I started with the bath tubs. These are the four tubs from the game. They still have the animation of the sim turning on the water and what not, I'm not sure if that's even changeable. They are all recolorable, have two slots each, and have the same values as the claw foot tub from base game.

The chamber pot functions correctly except for the lifting/lowering of the seat and the flushing. Not recolorable, the entire thing is an overlay. Cloned from the expensive toilet.

The sinks also function correctly except for the water animations and the turning on of the water. One channel is recolorable. Cloned from the pedestal sink.

Larger toys are deco, smaller should be like normal toys. Bassinets are deco only.

Maybe other people working on conversions can post here what they're working on so that we don't end up with more of one of any given item. Just a thought.

Tubs
Chamber Pot
Sinks
Dining Chairs
Living Chairs
Stools
Loveseats and Sofas
Toys
Bassinets

Photo Album Here

Cocomama's TSM to TS3 stuff

Photo Album HERE
« Last Edit: 2011 April 12, 00:50:29 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TSM for TS3
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 05, 18:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do they operate the tub in Medieval? If you can resolve that, I might be able to merge the behaviors and make a Proper, and we can file the old version in Spoiled Pudding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 05, 18:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They magically pull buckets out of the air, and dump the water in the tub a couple of times.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 05, 19:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They magically pull buckets out of the air, and dump the water in the tub a couple of times.

That's where people kept their buckets in the olden times. Invisible air shelfs.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 April 05, 20:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you briefly outline how you went about this?  I had been told that the VPXY format was incompatible with s3pe (and I doubt TSRW handles these) so how did you get around this?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 05, 20:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used simpe to get the meshes and textures, used Wes Howes Object Maker to be able to use them in milkshape, then used TSRW to put them all together. It was relativley easy and quick.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 05, 20:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I guess that makes sense.  A complete reassemble the other end.  The VPXY has lots of game-specific gubbins links in it anyway that probably wouldn't make sense to the other game even if we could open it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 April 05, 21:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well looks like I was working to slow again.
I spent the last few hours to make a simular post about conversions and even a little tutorial How to.

I've converted some simple objects from The Sims Medieval to use in The Sims 3.
They work fine in my game and I tryed to use basegameobjects to build them with and basegametextures, but not always,sorry.

pictures -> http://img593.imageshack.us/i/coc3tsmchairdiningbarre.jpg/
files S3pack incl Picture -> link to my 4shared account http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/LUbAfYeH/_online.html?sId=vYOOnDwV2pE83Sc2

There are a lot of files and I have no intention to convert them all, so I've written a small tutorial how to do it yourself.
All Medieval objects that are used in the same way in The Sims 3 like beds, chairs and tables, deco and lights can be converted by simply extracting meshes and textures from it, and import them into a simular Sims3 Object.
Objects that have special animations like the corner chimney with cooking pot, or the chamberpot, will need work from somebody with more knowledge of things like jazz, then I have at the moment. But CMO just posted new stuff today about poses with a tutorial from Orangemittens, so who knows.

-------------------
Tools you need to have installed and working.

S3PE
stable versie 10-1104-1243   http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?board=19.0
QA: s3pe_11-0402-0951 http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=526.0

S3ObjTool http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=363908

TSRW_2_0_15  
http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/programs/details/title/TSR%20Workshop%20Public%20Beta/category/sims3/id/117/

Milkshape 1.8.5 met object import/export plug-ins (also possible with Blender?)
-----------------

Make a copy from the SASFullBuild1 and put it on the desktop.(Program Files-Electronic Arts-The Sims Medieval-GameData-Shared-Packages)

S3PE
Open (copy off) SASFullBuild1
Make sure 'Sort' Display 'Names' and 'Tags' are checked at the bottom.
click on Header 'Name' to sort alphabetically, make a folder with the name of the object e.g. chairdiningbarrel.
Look in the TAG column -> export at least all _IMG + MODL and MLOD files from the object with 'Export to file' into the new folder.

Make a subfolder for each of the MODL and MLOD files and extract them in there with S3ObjTool, to free the meshes.
S3_01D10F34_00000000  =High lod
S3_01D10F34_00000001  =Low lod
S3_01D10F34_00010000  =sunshadow High lod
S3_01D10F34_00010001  =sunshadow low lod

TSRW
Start a New Object Project, pick a diningchair if you're making a diningchair, pick a 3-tile table if you're making a 3-tile table, not a 2-tile.
If you want to share, prefer to pick a basegame object if possible : http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/index.php?title=Object_Catalog

Export the high and low meshes. I name them High, Low, ssHigh and ssLow.

Milkshape 1.8.5
Import the TS3 High lod mesh with 'TSRW Object', check which group is the dropshadow.
Import the TSM mesh from the extracted S3_01D10F34_00000000 with 'Sims 3 Object Import by Wesley Howe', check which group is the dropshadow.

Rename the mesh groups from the TSM mesh to have exactly the same name and the groups in the same order as the High lod mesh from the TSRW Object.
e.g.if the dropshadow group is group 0 (=top/first group) in the TSRW Object, make the dropshadow from the TSM 0bject also group 0.

Check if and how the bones are assigned->Joints-SelAssigned
For simple objects all are assigned to 1 joint. CD68F001 for high and low lod.

Delete the High lod mesh parts you've imported to use as base with TSRW Object.
Export the new TS3 High lod mesh with 'TSRW Object' let it overwrite the High lod from the TS3 object.

Do the same for the Low and sunshadow lods without dropshadow.
File-New

Import the TS3 Low lod mesh with 'TSRW Object'.
Import the TSM mesh from the extracted S3_01D10F34_00000001 with 'Sims 3 Object Import by Wesley Howe',
Rename the group from the TSM mesh to be the same name as group as the Low lod TS3 mesh you've imported first with TSRW Object.
Delete the Low lod mesh you've imported first with TSRW Object.
Export with 'TSRW Object' let it overwrite the Low lod.

Now do the same to make your own sunshadow meshes if the automation of that does not work in TSRW, or you want to use S3OC.
Use S3_01D10F34_00010000 for the High lod Sunshadow
Use S3_01D10F34_00010001 for the Low lod Sunshadow

TSRW
Import all the High and Low meshes back into your project.
Import all the _IMG files, start with the -m =multiplier or -mask (-s=specular)->say yes if asked to adjust Mask width.... In case the TS3 object has it, but the TSM object has no Overlay IMG, use the Make Empty button, say no if asked to adjust Mask width.

Delete the old presets and make new ones. Adjust the used textures/fabrics.

Save and Export to Sims3pack.
Use Delphy's Multi-installer to change into package if you prefer. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

I hope it is understandable english,  I'm going to sleep now, but will check tomorrow if there are any questions OK?
« Last Edit: 2011 April 06, 08:55:30 by Cocomama » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 April 05, 21:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to make sims3packs with TSRW, you can make packages. Edit>Project Contents>Export>to .package

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 April 06, 01:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis should have made chamber pots for the tombs in World Adventures.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 April 06, 03:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cocomama - The bookshelves (which look great btw); do they have the animations where they get more books on the shelves as you put more books in? As far as I know there are no such animations on TSM so I was wondering if custom ones were made (or would need to be made) or if what you see is what you get.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 April 06, 03:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had to guess, I would say that if the medieval book case doesn't have geostates(those make it look like the book case is full or empty) then what you see is what you get. Geostates are one of those things that are still not customizable in CC, as far as I know. I'll get to the book cases soon enough, almost done with all the chairs.

Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 April 06, 05:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had to guess, I would say that if the medieval book case doesn't have geostates(those make it look like the book case is full or empty) then what you see is what you get. Geostates are one of those things that are still not customizable in CC, as far as I know. I'll get to the book cases soon enough, almost done with all the chairs.

kissing_toast if you have a problem with me posting in 'your' thread, maybe I should move the tutorial to a seperate post?
Didn't you see I've already converted all the living room chairs and a lot of the dining chairs?

You can make new Geostates with TSRW and yes, I had to make them for the bookshelves, only the empty state is not completely empty.

Maybe it changed with the new version, but its better to export to Sims3pack from TSRW because export to package will not properly compress it.
You can use Delphy's Multi-installer to change them into nice small packages.

Edit to correct some spelling.

« Last Edit: 2011 April 06, 07:44:57 by Cocomama » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 April 06, 07:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kissing_toast if you have a problem with me posting in 'your' thread, maybe I should move the tutorial to a seperate post?
Didn't you see I've already converted all the living room chairs and a lot of the dining chairs?

Aren't we being a little over-sensitive?  No one said anything about thread ownership.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2011 April 06, 07:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are making copies of fullbuild game files due to having problems with s3pe opening them, the trick is to tick the Readonly box when opening an EA installed file.   s3pe guards against accidental overwriting of the game files, that's why it insists you open them readonly when they are in programfiles.

Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 April 06, 07:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't we being a little over-sensitive?  No one said anything about thread ownership.

Honey, I am over-sensitive, a fatal flaw I know.  Grin
Should have said: I hope you did see I've already converted all the living room chairs and a lot of the dining chairs? You see, all fluffy!

Mister Pescado attached are all the files about the bathfilling I could find. I hope you can somehow fix the bathtub-animations with it. Oops wrong jazz.file.
-----------------------
Links to info or tutorial about animations:

Info about Jazz http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Jazz

MTS_TigerM_988627_SmoothJazz
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=365465

Tutorial:Sims 3 Custom Animations
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_Custom_Animations

Sims 3 Animator
http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=420327

Tutorial:Sims 3 Object Modding  Kolopoki+Buzzler
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_Object_Modding

Cmomoney Poseplayer http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=438706
Tut Orangemittens http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438716

Inge, could you please post a link to your custom toilet script, I cannot find it anymore?
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:HowIMadeAToiletClassWithTuning

* BathtubFill.rar (453 KB - downloaded 748 times.)
* bathtub.jazz.rar (2.5 KB - downloaded 836 times.)
« Last Edit: 2011 April 06, 10:19:48 by Cocomama » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 April 06, 15:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@mama - I wasn't stepping on your toes or anything, I didn't know you did more than what you've posted pics for.

rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 April 07, 01:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissing toast, one thing you may want to do is rename some of the files, or at least label them so they are marked that they are a stool or a dining chair, or whatever they are. Extracting them, I noticed some of them have the same name. For example, there is a dining chair with the file name "TSM2TS3_barrell.package" and then there is a stool with the exact same name. So, whichever one you extract second wants to overwrite the first one.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 April 07, 01:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissing toast, one thing you may want to do is rename some of the files, or at least label them so they are marked that they are a stool or a dining chair, or whatever they are. Extracting them, I noticed some of them have the same name. For example, there is a dining chair with the file name "TSM2TS3_barrell.package" and then there is a stool with the exact same name. So, whichever one you extract second wants to overwrite the first one.

I've just ran into that problem myself. Working on it. FIXED.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 07, 01:45:31 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 April 07, 08:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kissing_toast, maybe its a good idea if you download the tables I did and post them with your stuff.  And we give you a link to new things we did, and you assemble them?
That way everybody only has to go to one place to download it all.

Why don't you tell us first what you are going to work on next, I hate to do double work!
-----------------

I've extracted textures from all 3 fullbuilds, for the patterns, terrains etc.

http://www.4shared.com/file/hfbeEx9U/Extracted_textures.html

Somebody will have to check those, to see if they really are new textures, or that we already have them for TS3.
And then they have to be made into usuable packages.

Who will take this task?
------------------------------

What do you think, huh, if we've converted enough, will EA put it in the store or in a stuffpack?
They did with lot of the stuff the modders have made.

Edit to add new link to extracted textures.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 07, 13:58:37 by Cocomama » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 April 07, 13:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you think, huh, if we've converted enough, will EA put it in the store or in a stuffpack?
They did with lot of the stuff the modders have made.

Really? Like what?
Sunni
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 April 07, 13:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone would be willing to share the extracted meshes/textures from SimsMedieval, I would make them Sims2 compatible.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 April 07, 16:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm, not literally offcourse, just the ideas.

Stuff from EsmeraldaF ->Servo, Coffinbed, wings

Cars Fresh-Prince ->stuffpack Fast Lane

MTS Medieval challenge->complete new game

Tattoos

Sliders Boobs

----------------------

Great idea Sunni, but that is more than 1 gb. You can use/extract the meshes and textures from the object conversion we already did for TS3. They are unaltered.

Edit: OK, that will not work. Its not so easy see which is what.
I can post the meshes with the textures from the objects I did ?
Or maybe the whole workshopfile, that could be usefull for others too, if they do not like my patterns?
« Last Edit: 2011 April 07, 17:13:20 by Cocomama » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 April 08, 01:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I get the chance I'll add links to the stuff you've done in the first post. I want to finish up the comfort category so I'll be starting the beds next.

Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 April 11, 17:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I converted some of the skins from the sims medieval to the sims 3. Teen through adult, male and female. The male skin shows a green tinge for darker tones in CAS that doesn't seem to be there in game.

Previews: http://img683.imageshack.us/g/thumbqy.png/

Default Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?9dlmt6uxiqc79k2
Non-Default Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?k3bb354bkc78aok

Edit:
Now in child and toddler flavors.
Previews: http://img706.imageshack.us/g/screenshot30et.jpg/
They look a bit like they have scarlet fever, but they're not too bad. I didn't do the babies because they have the same skin as the TS3 ones, and there are no elder skins to convert.

Default download with CU/PU: http://www.mediafire.com/?se5v2pb80jl6phi
Non default Download with CU/PU: http://www.mediafire.com/?6e323iry6xb5bro
« Last Edit: 2011 April 17, 22:48:12 by Araenna » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: