More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:22:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Maid and that damn fish tank
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Maid and that damn fish tank  (Read 5239 times)
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Maid and that damn fish tank
« on: 2005 September 15, 11:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, but a search revealed nothing, so....

Is it possible to get a hack that stops the maid constantly cleaning the fish tank? The idiot cleans it, spills water (how stupid do you need to be to not figure out how to avoid splashing water everywhere after the hundredth time?), mops it up, goes and cleans a toilet, comes back to the tank to clean again, spills water, and repeat ad nauseam.

I'm assuming the maid does this because the fish swimming around start making the tank dirty again the instant he's finished cleaning it....perhaps something that makes the maid only clean the tank if it's more than 40% dirty (assuming the tank's "dirtiness" is recorded somewhere) would work?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: The Maid and that damn fish tank
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 15, 11:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's pretty much what JM said happens.  I can't remember now where I saw it or what he said, but I think he suggested not using the maid or not using the fish tank.   Undecided

This was mentioned to Maxoid Tom (aka HatedMaxoid) over on one of the NL threads here about the upcoming patch.  He thought it had been fixed in the previous patch, but it was broken again in Uni.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 15, 13:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's pretty much what JM said happens.  I can't remember now where I saw it or what he said, but I think he suggested not using the maid or not using the fish tank.   Undecided

This was mentioned to Maxoid Tom (aka HatedMaxoid) over on one of the NL threads here about the upcoming patch.  He thought it had been fixed in the previous patch, but it was broken again in Uni.

Yeah, it was me that mentioned it in that thread and she's still at it.

I put the fish tank underneath the house when she comes (moveObjects on) so she can't get at it but I don't always remember and then find her standing there washing away constantly and NOT cleaning the rest of the house.

ooo - now I'm an asinine airhead instead of a tasty tourist. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 15, 14:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It even happens when I use Macrotastics to get my Sims to clean.  They will start with the fishtank and finish with the fishtank and sometimes get completely stuck on the fishtank so they don't clean anything else, just like the maids do.  I actually fenced Lucy Hanby off at the bottom of a garden with her precious fishtank and let her die with it.  At one time I removed part of the fence (her crying got to me rofl), but she preferred to stay with her fishtank so I closed the fence again.  Each maid/nanny reacts differently to the tank too, which makes me think it's one of those "by design" things.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 15, 14:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I always end up with a massive puddle by the fish tank. So the maid cleans the fish tank - cleans the resulting puddle - cleans the fishtank - cleans the resulting puddle.... on and on into an infinite loop.  Roll Eyes

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
nothingbutsims
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 15, 15:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It even happens when I use Macrotastics to get my Sims to clean.  They will start with the fishtank and finish with the fishtank and sometimes get completely stuck on the fishtank so they don't clean anything else, just like the maids do.  I actually fenced Lucy Hanby off at the bottom of a garden with her precious fishtank and let her die with it.  At one time I removed part of the fence (her crying got to me rofl), but she preferred to stay with her fishtank so I closed the fence again.  Each maid/nanny reacts differently to the tank too, which makes me think it's one of those "by design" things.

I have the same problem with the Macrotastics and the fishtank AND the maid and the fishtank.  What is it with the fishtank anyway?!
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 15, 16:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with the Macrotastics and the fishtank AND the maid and the fishtank.  What is it with the fishtank anyway?!

Sell the fishtank and get a dishwasher and coffee machine - hours of fun for the maid and a refreshing drink for your sims!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 15, 16:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least the coffeecup hack fixes the problem with the dishwasher and coffee/espresso cups.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: