More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:47:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 233145 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #150 on: 2005 September 14, 20:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found for those inaccessible areas that if I put a tile underneath (wood, tile, stone carpet whatever) and then use moveobjects to place the plant on top they do sort of die, but at least they don't look dead. Slightly dwindled but not dead and blend in fairly well with the other "live" plants. I mostly do this with trees because I think it looks weird to have flowers all around the tree and a blank patch under the tree. Did that make sense?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 September 14, 20:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I don't know. Sad I haven't had the problem as I almost never use money trees and I only remember the thread in passing. If anyone else has any idea, please give a yell.

Oh, that's a shame  Sad  Nevermind, I'm sure one day I'll find the answer, though for a moment there you had my hopes up.  It took a long time to train myself not to place the trees, I suppose when the problem is solved it will take me just as long to remember they exist lol.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 September 14, 20:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take a look, but the deadline for the patch coming out is getting pretty tight.  There are a lot of people still screaming for us to get it out ASAP.
Nooooo!!! Maxoid! don't be rushed to release the patch! instead, keep it a little longer, so you can fix some more issues in it!!! no!!!

Question:
What's the Uni patch, and whats the Nighlife Patch?? Why you keep saying these bugs "were fixed in the Uni patch" or "were fixed in the Nightlife patch" ?? are there patches that i'm not knowing about out there?

Unmentioned issue:
1 - In university, when theres a Toga Party, sims don't wear togas!
2 - Bed Interactions (make out, woo hoo...) dos not seem to be counting toward neither against a sim's sexual preference
« Last Edit: 2005 September 14, 21:01:08 by linolino » Logged
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 September 14, 20:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of CAS and Body Shop, I cannot find where to pick my sim's eyecolor in CAS.  Am I missing something, or is this a bug/feature?  Also, I miss some of the functionality of Body Shop in CAS as valentinegirl mentioned, such as being able to set eyelash length.

It's under the "Eyes" section in CAS.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 September 14, 20:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unmentioned issue:
- Bed Interactions (make out, woo hoo...) dos not seem to be counting toward neither against a sim's sexual preference

I'll take a look, but the deadline for the patch coming out is getting pretty tight.  There are a lot of people still screaming for us to get it out ASAP.
Nooooo!!! Maxoid! don't be rushed to release the patch! instead, keep it a little longer, so you can fix some more issues in it!!! no!!!

Question:
What's the Uni patch, and whats the Nighlife Patch?? Why you keep saying these bugs "were fixed in the Uni patch" or "were fixed in the Nightlife patch" ?? are there patches that i'm not knowing about out there?

There will be an initial Nightlife patch that fixes University bugs (see Tim's email, accessible on Snooty Sims), as well as some Nightlife problems people have been reporting.

We aren't "rushed" to release the patch, but we need to eventually ship it at some point.  I'm sure we could be fixing minor bugs or tweaking design issues forever, but it has to stop at some point.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 September 14, 20:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) When you delete something the game defaults back to the beginning of the catalogue. This is by far the most frustrating aspect of trying to manage custom content. If you only had ten or so custom items it wouldn't be a problem but some simmers play with hundreds or even thousands of downloads in each category. When you default back to the beginning of the catalogue not only do you have to scroll back through many pages, but it is hard to find where you were to begin with. You end up spending more time scrolling and squinting at the screen than actually deleting.

Seems like they fixed it for objects (it stays on the page you deleted from), but not for CAS items. Bah; that's such a pain in the @$$ to be bumped into BLACK hair when you were 12 pages into custom... Shocked

Maxoid, thanks for coming here to find out what REALLY 'bugs" us!  Grin
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 September 14, 20:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, youre right, you can't be adressing minor issues forever.

But hey! that's the most cool thing that you here talking to us. THANKYOU

I saw some people saying that sim attending togas party aren't dressing togas
« Last Edit: 2005 September 14, 21:27:47 by linolino » Logged
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 September 14, 21:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the toga issue is actually based on their outgoingness.  IF they aren't very outgoing they will be in normal clothes, medium outgoing -- pj's and upper outgoing togas,....so its design.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 September 14, 21:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh i see. they are not obligated to go in togas. ok then

OH the buyable stuff bugs:
Sims can't sell or ged rif of Cellphones, Mp3 players or handheld games. Their stuck with them.
What about selling a dress, shirt, or trousers,  you bougth?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 14, 21:15:29 by linolino » Logged
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2005 September 14, 21:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those things are programmed that way.  If you want to get rid of a cell phone, etc., remove the token with boolProp.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 September 14, 21:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have learned the hard way not to buy any electronics, ever, especially the handheld and the mp3 as they are OCD inducing objects that you cant get rid of. I hear you can give away the handheld but I havent found that option yet.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2005 September 14, 21:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all with boolProp!  BoolProp!  BoolProp, I tell you!!

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 September 14, 21:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK OK! we know it can be done with boolProp LK!

but boolProp is not a official part of the game!!!
we could have an option to "throw away mp3/handheld/cell"

oh! question:
Whats the smart milk drag bug?
is it the one where if the toddler is sit in the highchair and an adult go get a bottle of smart milk for him, he will actually put the bottle in the fridge instead of givin it to the toddler?
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2005 September 14, 21:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is an official part of the game--it's debug mode! 

But I understand what you're saying about having a real option to get rid of them.  Maybe you could return them to the vending machine to get a refund, or something.

knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 September 14, 21:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well in NL they took care of the cell phone thing, you can take it out of your inventory and put it on the ground. ta-da gone.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 September 14, 21:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well in NL they took care of the cell phone thing, you can take it out of your inventory and put it on the ground. ta-da gone.

Excellent news! Perhaps when I finally get Nightlife my sims will finally have mobile phones, they are a cool addition after all.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2005 September 14, 21:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  Missed that part.  

But, hey, sweet!

And I'm still confused about one thing: There are references to a "Nightlife patch" and an "Uni patch," but the meanings for the two seem ambiguous.  Is this the correct meaning for the two:

Nightlife patch: A patch for NL users that fixes Uni bugs AND as many NL problems as possible.
Uni patch: A patch for Uni users who DON'T have NL that ONLY fixes Uni bugs.

Is that right?  Or is my brain fried to the point that it could be sold at a gourmet French resturant for $23.50?

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 September 14, 21:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thats what I understand for what Maxoid typed in his repy to my post.
NL patch is the Uni patch plus some fixes for NL
Uni patch is the patch without the NL fixes

OH!! GREAT! i didn't notice those eletronics were in the inventory. is it only the cell? can't be. it gotta be all 3 of them

Ok, but i still insist on the NL bugs:

1a - Karaoke Bug - Background music play, but there is no voice sound for the sims singing.
1b - Dj Bug - When a dj is playing Slow music, he still hops up and down , shouting "UH-UH" from time to time, just like he does when he's playing Fast music
2 - Translation issues: the Portuguese (Brazil) version has the following translation problems:
2a - Car radio stations with same name
2b - The ask about job interaction always return "$jobTitle" instead of the target sim's job.
3 - Some of the ask interactions are flagged as romantic interactions and can give crush to sims.
4 - Sometimes, Sims coming back from community lots by car, appear sitting in the air near the mailbox, before the car arrives
« Last Edit: 2005 September 14, 21:36:07 by linolino » Logged
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2005 September 14, 21:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

Wait a second... Am I reading this incorrectly?  The Piano is SUPPOSED to stop being Fun after it's been on a lot for 24 hours?  So, I guess that professional pianists don't enjoy their work at all then, eh?

If I'm just being mentally retarded, let me know.  :-p  it wouldn't be the first time.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 September 14, 21:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Ruann said - if pianos not being fun after being on a lot for 24 hours is by design, please find whoever thought that was a good idea and thump them upside the head for us. That makes absolutely no sense.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: 2005 September 14, 21:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The suggestions for accommodating the new careers in LTW's (re-rolling, etc.) are great and if Maxis can't implement them, hopefully someone else can (together with adding the relevant icons for the LTW's).  Now, I am no salesperson (far from it), but I'm sure I can see an opportunity here for MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Here's the scenario:  Player without Uni rolls Uni-career Lifetime Want.  "Aw shucks, I ain't got Uni", they say, so they exercise the option to re-roll.  As luck would have it, this keeps happening (maybe because some sneaky programming makes sure it does).  After a while, player says "Oh, to hell with this, I'm going to buy Uni" and off they toddle to the nearest shop.  Fait accompli and more money in the coffers.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 September 14, 22:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a relatively minor one, but....

Has the changing table been fixed to add the option to Plan Outfit...Undies for toddlers?  You can plan outfit for toddlers with everyday and pj's since Uni, but there's no way to use the toddler underwear created in Body Shop, no matter how many outfits you buy.

Karen
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 September 14, 22:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim:  LTWs were introduced in Uni and are therefore not present in the base game.

nectere:  You can give your handheld to a sim child who doesn't have one, but then your kids are stuck with them.  All the townie kids already have them, so this doesn't help much.

Boolprop works to remove cellphones and handhelds, but no matter how many times I try, it will not remove an MP3 player.  I have to use TwoJeffs tree or college adjuster for that.
Quinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005 September 14, 22:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some issues I have with my game that haven't been mentioned yet (I hope), though most of them are pretty minor glitches:

- Sims can't hold tired toddlers, sometimes getting the nanny stuck should a toddler fall asleep on the floor.
- "Sim A and Sim B are no longer best friends." notice when Sim A is already dead.
- TVs have no commercials anymore (which I think has been around since the first patch was released, anyway)
- If a sim is on the phone and you order him/her to hang up by clicking on the phone, the action simply cancels itself and the sim won't hang up unless you cancel the "Talk" action.
- The music is messed up, so you'll get CAS music in the Build mode, Buy mode music on neighborhood view, and so on.
- Whenever a sim leaves to a community lot and the stereo is on in his/her house, when they come back the stereo is still on, but there's not any music playing.
- Sims get memories about family members they've never seen in their life. For example, I have a sim in college, and I make her mom adopt a child. The sim is still in college and she has never seen her new sibling, but she still gets memories like "(Sibling) got an A+!"
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005 September 14, 22:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh i see. they are not obligated to go in togas. ok then

OH the buyable stuff bugs:
Sims can't sell or ged rif of Cellphones, Mp3 players or handheld games. Their stuck with them.
What about selling a dress, shirt, or trousers,  you bougth?

With Nightlife, you can take some of those things out of your inventory and then get rid of them.

As for clothes, there is nothing in the game currently to get rid of them.  I'll see if I can put that in as a feature for the next EP, but no guarantees.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: