More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 09:21:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sleeping on community/downtown lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sleeping on community/downtown lots  (Read 5192 times)
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Sleeping on community/downtown lots
« on: 2005 November 19, 16:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to be able to make hotels in downtown NL and would like to have beds, sofas and lounge chairs to be have the nap/sleep interaction unlocked.  Has anyone seen a hack for this or a tutorial on how to do it.  I've tried to add them to my game using the changelotzoning cheat but as soon as it's a playable community lot the options for sleeping and napping are gone from the sub menu.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Sleeping on community/downtown lots
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 17:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, you can only use beds for this function. I have a Motel used for a homeless sim I play and he sleeps there. There is a community collection that contains all of the beds, etc. so that you don't need the 'changeLotZoning' cheat but I can't remember where I got it.

Regardless, I'll attach it to this post. Unzip the file to your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections folder and not your Downloads folder. You'll then have beds, ovens, etc. available in your collections folder when building on a community lot.

This, however, does not allow you to nap on park benches.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Instant gratification takes too long.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 17:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 18:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myth, you might also want to look in on Inge's site. She has some setups that seem to be community oriented, maybe there are some things there you could use. I know she has a prison set up, and pay-toilets, pay-buffetts, etc.

Sorry if this is redundant, but it can't hurt to know, right?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 20, 14:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to be able to make hotels in downtown NL and would like to have beds, sofas and lounge chairs to be have the nap/sleep interaction unlocked.  Has anyone seen a hack for this or a tutorial on how to do it.  I've tried to add them to my game using the changelotzoning cheat but as soon as it's a playable community lot the options for sleeping and napping are gone from the sub menu.

Oh, I have no difficulty with that.  I buy the beds while the lot is a residential and then change it to community.  It's always worked.  Is that unusual then?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 20, 17:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@veilchen: I haven't checked Inge's site real recently, I know she had the prison beds an pay items, I'll have to go back and look at them more closely to see if the beds are for the NL community lots.  Thanks for reminding me.  Cheesy

@maxon:  With the changelotzoning you are suppose to start the lot as the same thing you want it to be in the end.  For example if it's going to be a community lot then you set it as a community lot, then use the cheat to change it to a residential and once you have all your residential items change it back to a community lot.  (The reason is so that on a community lot you will not have a mailbox and if you use the same procdeure for a resident lot you will not end up with a trash can and phone booth on your residential lot.)

So if you are following that procedure to get your final lots and you are still getting a sleep option on your beds then I'm jealous and must be doing something wrong.  Smiley

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 20, 18:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@maxon:  With the changelotzoning you are suppose to start the lot as the same thing you want it to be in the end.  For example if it's going to be a community lot then you set it as a community lot, then use the cheat to change it to a residential and once you have all your residential items change it back to a community lot.  (The reason is so that on a community lot you will not have a mailbox and if you use the same procdeure for a resident lot you will not end up with a trash can and phone booth on your residential lot.)

So if you are following that procedure to get your final lots and you are still getting a sleep option on your beds then I'm jealous and must be doing something wrong.  Smiley

Yes, I know that although, in my experience (in my own game), I've found that it's only really crucial if you want to end up with a residential lot (which includes dorms) because you can't buy the mailbox and dustbin (trashcan).  With community lots, you can get the phone and litter bin out of the buy catalogues (and they work and it doesn't seem to affect the portal - I'm assuming they're linked).  I have started community lots as residential, deleted the mailbox but kept the dustbin just because I like that better than the litter bin to put behind shops.  Doesn't seem to be a problem and I don't get error messages when I run the lots with testingcheatsenabled.  Come to think of it, I think the Wheatsheaf pub did start out as a residential lot though the Regency Hotel didn't.  I have useable beds in both though the ones in the hotel don't usually get used for sleeping in - a favourite Downtown destination for student couples, you know.

What I find bizarre is that everyone's game seems to respond differently and that mine seems to run without problems when other people have tremendous trouble.  This seems especially puzzling as my system is over three years old now although I have beefed it up with extra RAM and a new video card.  The game is still running fine even stuffed to the gills with hacks.  About the only thing I don't have is the CEP though why that should stop objects working is beyond me.

I was puzzled about your comment about SimLogical - I've never seen anything as a pay item on Inge's site.  Did I miss something?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 20, 18:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen meant that the SIMS have to pay to use them.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 20, 19:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen meant that the SIMS have to pay to use them.

Right - d'oh

Inteen for AL, yay!
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 20, 21:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has pay doors on her site, you can set the rate up to 100 each way. I use those doors all the time www.simlogical.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: