More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:37:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Major Business Lot Issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Major Business Lot Issues  (Read 7938 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Major Business Lot Issues
« on: 2006 October 14, 23:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims has a business he owns downtown. Yesterday I had him visit the lot to build his business. Saved while on the comm lot, game crashed on me (I think the graphics card overheated or something) before I could have them go home. Now, the lot shows up as an empty one in neighborhood view, clicking the lot brings up the usual "build something here your sims will enjoy" dialog instead of the playable sims dialog. Trying to enter the lot results in perpetual loading. I thought this was supposed to be fixed w/ the latest OFB patch? The disappearing lots thing?

Anyone have any ideas on how I might fix this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Major Business Lot Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 15, 00:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. You broke it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 15, 00:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did I break it, pray tell?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 15, 00:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, but empirical evidence shows it must obviously be the case. It *IS* broken, and you were the last one to touch it. It's your fault.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 15, 00:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, but empirical evidence shows it must obviously be the case. It *IS* broken, and you were the last one to touch it. It's your fault.

Oh, come on. No suggestions? Workarounds? Way to at least get the sims *home*?

Stupid ineffective Maxis patches...
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 15, 08:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help you with the main problem, but if all else fails you can use Inge's teleporter painting to get the sim home.

You should be able to get the sim back, but if no one else is at their home to teleport them it could get problematic.  In that case you can teleport and move them into another family.  But who knows what will happen to their house?  Will it be up for sale?  Will it show as occupied?

I hope you can find a real solution - to restore the business lot.  Sorry I can't help more.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 15, 08:56:57 by nocomment » Logged
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 15, 16:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they can't really do that, since clicking on the res lot merely directs you to the business lot - which I can't fking load. This really sucks, b/c not only was this particular lot worth $200,000 and raking in $30,000+ a day, but the house the sim stuck on the lot lives in is a huge, jam-packed 5x4 lot that I spent quite a bit of time decorating. Sad

Is there any way I could edit them/their lot in SimPE to have them show up at home, as opposed to stuck on the business lot? Please, please, please tell me this is possible? Embarrassed

I can always motherlode the loses and rebuild, but there is no way I am re-decorating this sim's residential house.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 15, 16:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will work or not. If the resident lot is still in the sims name maybe you could make another sim and add him to the residential lot then go in and use Inge's shrub to teleport your sim home. Then get rid of the new sim.Just a thought.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 15, 17:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the thing is, the game sends you to the community lot b/c it detects that at least one of your sims are on the community lot, meaning that no matter how many sims are NOT on the comm lot, as long as you have sims that are on the comm lot, it'll keep sending you to the comm lot. I do have 2 sims at home on the res lot, but no, it still has to keep sending me to the fricking comm lot.

So, any way to edit SimPE and get rid of whatever it is that's telling the game there are sims on a community lot?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 15, 18:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you load the business lot with the testing cheats enabled, do you get an error message?

The only way I could resolve this last time it happened in my game was loading another residential lot, and teleporting the stuck Sim in. I then used the shrub to move him in there.
Now I could load the residential lot where he lived again, and used the teleporter to move him back in his own home.
Next time I went to the comm lot it was unplayable (interface disabled as in build mode). I used Pescado's lot crowbar to break it free again.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 15, 19:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, finally, real answers!!! Kiss

I didn't get a chance to load the business lot w/ the cheats enabled, b/c it takes 20 minutes for my stupid game to load - too much CC. Embarrassed

I'll try your method, but...where's the Inge stuff nowadays? I remember it being mentioned, but I totally forgot.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 15, 22:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've updated them some, so you'll find them here in Peasantry or under my name (Jordi) at MTS2.

Inge's originals are back up at simlogical.com (check the archive section).
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 17, 23:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried what you said, and it didn't work. Now my game just keeps on crashing. The graphics will go all wonky, and then it'll crash. It just started w/ this lot, and how it just keeps happening, whereever I am in the game. I don't know what's up.

I have multiple error logs...Could anyone look at these and tell me what's wrong?
« Last Edit: 2006 October 18, 04:05:57 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 18, 04:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exception logs are of no use to us as these are hardcode issues and cannot be fixed.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 18, 04:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But do you know what might be causing this? Drivers? Game corruption? Hardware meltdown? Any clue?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 18, 06:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 18, 15:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then...do you know how I might go about figuring this out? Cuz I'm at a complete loss here. All of a sudden it just started happening.

The only I can think of is that I changed a heatsink fan for my CPU a few weeks ago, but by all indications the CPU has been running cooler...and it's the graphics that's been wonky...which shouldn't be affected by the CPU...
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 18, 15:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably have tried this already but, well, I will risk the pointing and laughing (and correcting of my bad english)...

I had a similar problem some time ago...
Can you move your familiy out of its lot? Using the "move family" button of the sim bin?
It worked for me.

*ducks for cover*

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 18, 17:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family's been recovered, but the business lot now merely crashes. And it's not just this lot now. I had a house crash on me while I was building. It then turned into an empty lot, and when loaded, ended up empty but for a ground that looked like it'd been painted through w/ some random terrain paint. I also had the neighborhood view crash on me in the middle of moving around. All in Pleasantview though. I've yet to try the other neighborhoods...but I'm kinda afraid to now.  Sad
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 19, 21:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you sell the lot and buy it back?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: