More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:58:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Playable Pet Walkby Issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playable Pet Walkby Issues  (Read 9083 times)
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Playable Pet Walkby Issues
« on: 2007 July 23, 07:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having issues with playable pets that were purchased at the pet store. When a neighbour walks by with such a pet, the following error message pops up: Animation name is empty string.

Strays behave as normal & playable petstore pets living on the lot are not a problem whilst on that lot.

I have TS2, Uni, NL, OFB, FFS, GLS, Pets & Seasons. I am running fully patched up to S1 patch - I haven't been willing to risk the no-cd hack I have on further patches to date.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 23, 13:18:32 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Re: Playable Pet Walkby Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 23, 09:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if I'm having the same issue you are.. I have ONE stray that keeps cropping repeated errors, named Pepper. Never cared enough to read the error, though. lol If I hit reset it's only a couple minutes before it pops up again, so when I see Pepper I have a sim chase it off or hit Delete on the error.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 23, 09:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that in my game it's only happening with pets that were bought from the pet dispenser thingies, and only when they are visiting a playable lot. I'm having no trouble with the strays though.

I don't know why the walk pet thing is broken, but it only happens to cats and dogs that have been bought from the pet store. Weirdness.

I'm guessing further patches don't help any then? Bugger. I was almost at the point where I'd give that a try rather than having to click delete on the bug notification screen thingy 3-4 times to get rid of the visiting pet.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 23, 13:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-Standard Coding
Does Not Match Maxis Coding
Very Non-Awesome

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 23, 15:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's really helpful. Mind telling me what has stood out in your infinite wisdom as needing fixing/removing?

Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 23, 16:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just temporarily remove all non-awesome pet-related hacks for now, unless Bunkerman decides to elaborate.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 23, 16:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's really helpful. Mind telling me what has stood out in your infinite wisdom as needing fixing/removing?

As stated, remove all non MATY mods and add them in one at a time until you find the problem causing hack. 
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 23, 16:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not very impressed with some pompous dick holding my game hostage with a few vague descriptives, so I just removed the one that caused the walkbys to be more frequent. Makes the bug less annoying for now.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 23, 17:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not very impressed with some pompous dick holding my game hostage with a few vague descriptives, so I just removed the one that caused the walkbys to be more frequent. Makes the bug less annoying for now.

That's a little harsh (for this situation, in general it's pretty accurate).  He pointed you towards a conflicting hack, and there's not much else anyone can do for you.  You might do best to open the error log you originally attached, and look at the "Object id" and "name".  These might give you a bit more info about your issue (althought I doubt it).

Plus, if he got more in depth, the 5-7-5 would be compromised.  Surely you do not have a vendetta against poetry!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 23, 17:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not very impressed with some pompous dick holding my game hostage with a few vague descriptives...

As B pointed out, most error logs aren't descriptive enough to point out the actual hack/mod causing the problem, only that one is. JMP at least pointed out that the hack causing the problem didn't come from here, so that's half the battle.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 23, 18:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

floopyboo, do you have moniques animal incest mod, dj sims nofreelitter, or petsmotiveadjuster_xptl297 (probably from mts2)? im having the same issues with my game and these are the only non-awesome pet hacks i use. my money is on the motive adjuster. the walkby can be great fun sometimes. last night one of my grunt offspring was walking a crittur pup, i reset the dog. grunt was then stealing my newspaper, reset the dog again. now my grunt changes into athletic wear and jogs off the lot taking the dog with him.  Cheesy

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 23, 19:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't the slightest clue. Like I said, it's not a product I recognize. Complaining to us about it is like taking your PC to an Apple store selling only Macs, and complaining that to them that your computer is broken. Like I said, it's not a Maxis problem, so your problem is caused by something we don't support.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 24, 03:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging from the popup, the implication was that it was a game problem (an animation was missing).

aubreylaraine - that's pretty much what happens to me. Don't save while the visiting pet is glitching though because that really stuffs things up for a while - it takes more than 10 deletes to get rid of it rather than six. I have the animal incest mod, nofreelitter and I'm going to check for petsmotiveadjuster_xptl297 just to be sure.

*Edit - that's a no to the motive adjuster, so it could be either one of the other two, I know I have those. I hope it's not monique's because I've got plans for that sucker.

*Edit the Second - it isn't either of those two hacks since I removed both to playtest. I can postulate that since aubreylaraine is having the same problems as me with a purely awesome game aside from the two ruled-out hacks, that this is either a game problem or that it's a failure of an awesome hack. As such, I have attached a second error log attained at this moment with the aforementioned two hacks omitted from my downloads folder.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 24, 13:23:17 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 24, 13:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the same problem. For some reason, your code is running illegal "human only" code branches. This cannot happen in the code as given by Maxis, and your node numbers do not match the existing Maxis code at all. Furthermore, I do not recognize this code branch as anything Awesome. Therefore, it must be non-Awesome. As there is nothing wrong with the original Maxis code, there is no way for this to be fixed here. If you have no idea what it is, you will have to isolate the problem by binary search.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 25, 03:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that you continue to blame me & my various hacks for this when someone who is running your hacks only, as well as two hacks we have subsequently ruled out as the cause by removing them from the game and still producing the same errors, is also having this same problem.

Given your obnoxious insistence that, despite the evidence to the contrary, it isn't your hacks at fault, I'll be taking out the awesome hacks and seeing if they are indeed the problem. Since, you know, they're the only common factor that aubreylaraine and I have in our game that I haven't ruled out as a cause through thorough testing.

And if, as you insist, this is not an "awesome" product failure, it might be wise to maybe look into a fix for this since I'm reading elsewhere that the sim-sim interactions are being attempted between a sim & a pet, regardless of what the person has in their game. I guess we'll have to wait until one of your sims tries to feel up the skunk for that to happen, right?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 25, 05:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen even if EVERYTHING is removed, including all things which might not have been classified as hacks? Because according to the code trace, the BHAV nodes you're running don't even match Maxis code.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 25, 18:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out it was the fight club. You might want to look into fixing that.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 25, 18:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been running the fight club hack in my game for ages and never had the problem you experienced. Maybe your copy got corrupted somehow?  Did you try downloading a fresh version?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 25, 18:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been running the fight club hack in my game for ages and never had the problem you experienced.

Ditto.  Also, a cursory examination of the code makes it seem impossible the fight club could cause the situation you are describing, unless it conflicted with some non MATY mod.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 25, 19:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems quite impossible, since the fight club does not modify the derailed BHAV. More likely it just didn't coincidentally happen at the time you removed it. Is it possible that you have garbage located in the Overrides folder, rather than the Downloads folder?

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 25, 22:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since i am in the process of reinstalling my game, and have already stuck my nose in this, i will check to see if this is still a problem with no hacks whatsoever. if i am still getting an error i will go look up how to post it.

infj
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 26, 00:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is caused by Crammyboy's normal clothes mod. That thing hasn't been updated since 2005 and is NOT compatible with Petz and/or Seasons. It also horribly conflicts with the Visitor Controller, which does the same thing and IS updated for Petz.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 26, 02:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that would make sense, i just downloaded that mod last week.

infj
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 26, 02:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is caused by Crammyboy's normal clothes mod. That thing hasn't been updated since 2005 and is NOT compatible with Petz and/or Seasons. It also horribly conflicts with the Visitor Controller, which does the same thing and IS updated for Petz.
Warning added to that thread, I'll add in a link to the Visitor Controller once you've completed the move.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: