More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:30:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  strangeness unzipping to download folder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: strangeness unzipping to download folder  (Read 3449 times)
Nooneofgreatimportance
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
strangeness unzipping to download folder
« on: 2008 January 30, 06:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded and extracted the archive of all the bv hacks, moreawesomethanyou-bv.zip to my downloads folder.  But when I try to view them in explorer, it only shows a few of them, the rest are apparently invisible?  I try extracting it again, and it tells me that the files already exist, while I can't see them.  Anyway, when I run the game, it doesn't look as if the hacks that are invisible are working, so they must not be there.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: strangeness unzipping to download folder
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 30, 12:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enable "show hidden files and file extensions". I have no idea how files can be "invisible". Is it anything like an Invisible Bike?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 30, 20:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounsd like the file you downloaded is duff. Redownload and try again?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 30, 20:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete all hacks in the Downloads folder first.  Then I agree, redownload the director's cut and reinstall.  If it asks to overwrite anything, say yes.  There is no reason I can think of why files would be invisible in that particular folder.

Tribulatio proxima est
Nooneofgreatimportance
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 30, 21:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, Last night I unzipped the packages to a folder other than the Sims 2 directory.  That at least got them down on my computer, from where I was able to copy them to the downloads folder without any strange glitches or invisible/non-existant files clogging up the computer.  Now they seem to work, and most of them are pretty awesome.  Although I'm struggling at the moment with getting my cow plant to eat visiting playable sims (I removed the darwincowplant package, and tried the cowplant without any hacks or downloads.  So far no luck, although they will eat townies and my own sims.).
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 31, 01:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greet visitor. Don't interact with them. Don't set out food. Visitors should go straight for the cowplant as long as he's got the cake bait out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: