More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 13:20:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB question  (Read 3900 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
OFB question
« on: 2006 June 04, 14:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my sims have home buissnises (I just find it easier) but Ive just built a lil starter buisness and have had a sim buy it ... what happens if my sime wants to move to a bigger home? Will there buisness lot still be theres or will that automatically be sold?

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
nosoupgirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: OFB question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 04, 15:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will lose the business and your employees (if any), but all your business perks will remain.  
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 04, 15:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww Sad Damn Sad
Is there no way around this?
Thanks for letting me know:)

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
nosoupgirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 04, 15:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I have no idea. I'd rather admit I'm part idiot than give some BS answer and get trashcanned on my second post.   Grin
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 04, 15:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol! Honesty is so refreshing Cheesy Thanks hon Cheesy

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 04, 15:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my sims have home buissnises (I just find it easier) but Ive just built a lil starter buisness and have had a sim buy it ... what happens if my sime wants to move to a bigger home? Will there buisness lot still be theres or will that automatically be sold?

It sounds like you're asking about  community lot business, not a home business.  If so, then yes, the community lot business will still be there regardless of where your sims live, and the deed for it will remain in his/her inventory.  Moving only affects a home business. Community lot businesses are separate objects.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nosoupgirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 04, 15:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oops I just re-read it. thats right. I was refering only to home businesses. again part idiot.  Embarrassed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 04, 15:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Community lot businesses remain owned by the owning sim until you sell it, destroy the lot, or he dies. Moving has no effect. If your owner moves to a different house or even another family, he remains the owner of a community lot business. Home businesses must be owned by a resident. If the owner moves or dies, the business is transferred to another family member. If the entire family is moved or dies, the business is lost.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 04, 15:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brilliant! Thank you guys Smiley Ebinizer Munnigrabber will be glad to hear that he CAN move house Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 04, 18:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing you may find on moving house, though, is that if your sim calls to check in, he will be told he has never been to X's Junkshop, or whatever.  You have to send your sim to his business soon after he moves into his new house.

Zephyr Zodiac
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 04, 19:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, thanks ZZ Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 04, 19:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always happens when my teens go to Uni, or come back, and also happened when another sim moved house from Bluewater Village to Pleasantview, so it may be to do with switching hoods.

Zephyr Zodiac
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 04, 19:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, ill just send him into his shop when he's moved Smiley Thanks for the advice.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 04, 19:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: