More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:47:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS  (Read 29569 times)
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS
« on: 2006 March 22, 19:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my students get abducted by the Secret Society, they double the household .... hmmm ... finances (Iīm danish Roll Eyes )
First it was kind of funny, but now when I have a household with 4 students with  §1.000.000 itīs plain stupid and it takes away the challenge. Really annoying. I have Uni (ya ... doh) , NL and OFB installed

I looked at the hacks/fixes you have, but I couldnīt find one that adress that problem ... so my question is : is this bug one that came with OFB or something old thatīs un fixable  Huh

Rose

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Sims get filthy rich by visiting SS
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 20:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This started for me with OFB.  I've reported it on the feedback form at the BBS, but it unfortunately was not addressed with the new patch.  Maybe next time.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 20:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hate bugs that gives out money!!!
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 20:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This started for me with OFB.

Your dorm and SS ... are they Maxis or usermade ... mine are usermade, and I was wondering if that had something to do with it.

Rose
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 20:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's supposed to happen is that while on the SS lot the amount displayed is the SS's own lot balance (used for improving / restocking the SS), and that once the student leaves the lot the amount goes back to normal.  That going back to normal is maybe not happening anymore w/OFB?
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 20:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This started for me with OFB.

Your dorm and SS ... are they Maxis or usermade ... mine are usermade, and I was wondering if that had something to do with it.

Rose

They are Maxis-made -- the default fraternity, sorority, and secret society houses at Sim State University.

Quote from: dmchess
What's supposed to happen is that while on the SS lot the amount displayed is the SS's own lot balance (used for improving / restocking the SS), and that once the student leaves the lot the amount goes back to normal.  That going back to normal is maybe not happening anymore w/OFB?

Correct.  That no longer happens since OFB.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 20:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the amount displayed is the SS's own lot balance

That one grows too .... and I canīt let my sims get friends, fearing that the limo will show up and they will get even more cash ... itīs so silly *LOL*
They are Maxis-made
Thanks ... then it is OFB that is the problem

Rose
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 20:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been exploting that for days now. Cheesy
Let's just say that there's one hell of a greek house on campus.

They don't take it home with them and it doesn't fufill any cash wants so go for the gusto! Wink

Instant gratification takes too long.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 20:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may or may not be related to the "lottery move-in" bug. Jase has a "no lottery move-in fix" over here.

I'm gonna send him a PM and see if his fix covers this, or if it is a new one altogether.

Ste

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 21:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*LOL* I believe you
They don't take it home with them and it doesn't fufill any cash wants so go for the gusto! Wink

Are you sure ... I think that with another uni hood, the last sim that left the dorm for going home, would have more than 2000 ... but I could be wrong

"lottery move-in" bug
*LOL* donīt know that one 

Rose

Rose

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 23:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they do take a portion home.  I don't know the exact figures (I read a thread about it once, somewhere), but once the bank balance exceeds a certain amount, when one moves out they take a percentage with them.  With my Uni SS members who've been experiencing this, when they graduate they end up in the family bin with between 1.4 and 1.6 million simoleons.  (I reset it to 20000 with the familyFunds "cheat").

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 23, 00:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this too, it doubles everytime someone goes.  As more or less all mine get in due to the domino effect (sort of thing), the balance on mine is extremely high and that's after spending $30,000 of the first amount to resurrect three dormies.  A fourth was resurrected recently, but I only paid $1 out of the millions as I wanted a zombie.  I have thought of using Monique's computer to put the funds into the dorm, but it seems to much like cheating.  I'll just leave it there for emergencies, although it would help greatly if graduated YA's could still visit the SS lot.  I take it this happens in Greek houses as well?  I can't have any of those unless I start a totally new one - I deleted all characters from the Uni and now the game insists they're still Greek houses, even though they're unoccupied.  I've even tried replacing them with a new one, but it still says they're Greek houses.  Can't find anything in SimPE to alter it, so I can't use those lots at all.

Incidentally, has anyone else lost the "Greet With Secret Handshake" greeting option?  I haven't seen it for a while, don't know if it's since adding an expansion or caused by a hack.  I still have the secret handshake option under "Play", but not as a greeting.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 23, 01:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hate bugs that gives out money!!!

If only there were glitches in real life that deposited obscene amounts of money into my bank account
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 23, 02:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are bank glitches that occur but the bank will find out and take that obscene sum of $ back in RL but not in the sims.

You can use Monique's computer (MTS2) and make a donation to benefit poor starving sim slum children to get rid of ur money.
The slum children will thank you for it and you gain another halo for entry to heaven  Grin

Go Away
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 23, 04:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not simply use the familyfunds cheat to deduct the extra money until this is fix.  It would definitely work.

Simply open the cheat box and type: familyfunds insertnameofhouseholdhere 2000.

this would make the household go back to 2000$, it does not work with last name in University part, you must type the household name for it to work.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 04:43:21 by MissDoh » Logged
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 23, 07:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they do take a portion home.  I don't know the exact figures (I read a thread about it once, somewhere), but once the bank balance exceeds a certain amount, when one moves out they take a percentage with them.  With my Uni SS members who've been experiencing this, when they graduate they end up in the family bin with between 1.4 and 1.6 million simoleons.  (I reset it to 20000 with the familyFunds "cheat").

Millions? Sounds like someone else has been exploiting this bug more than I.  Cheesy

As far as I can tell, it's around 1% but of course, I could be wrong. One of my kids wound up with 21,050 in the bin and the house had about 100K.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 23, 08:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As more or less all mine get in due to the domino effect
precise ... I have a dorm with § 2.500.000 now, and when the last one goes to SS, they will have § 5.000.000  Shocked

and make a donation to benefit poor starving sim slum children
With this bug/glitch there wonīt be many starving slum childern in my hood *LOL*

Why not simply use the familyfunds cheat to deduct the extra money until this is fix.  It would definitely work.
I think I will ... b/c this is ridiculous  Roll Eyes Do you use that cheat in the house or in the neighborhood view ?

Thanks for all your input ... itīs nice to know that you are not alone with the problems  Smiley

Rose
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 23, 09:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"lottery move-in" bug
*LOL* donīt know that one 

Rose

Rose

Well... if you can read more about it by going to that link I included. Tongue If you download the mod, it has an RTFM:

Quote from: jase
Released: March 9, 2005
Author  : jase439

DESCRIPTION
-----------

This mod nips a very old bug in the ass - one that dates back to University (although few noticed it then).  When a sim is moved from one neighborhood to another, the sim brings with them ridiculous sums of money - often running well into the millions.  Some see this as a feature.  Most would argue it seriously detracts from gameplay.  This bug became very visible with the advent of Nightlife in which moving sims from Downtown to Residential lots was commonplace.  This fix provides an alternative method of calculating the same "move-in funds" that the game would have produced had the move-in sim been living in the same neighborhood.

I'm not sure it is related to your problem, but it most likely is. Also don't know if the mod will fix your specific problem, or if it needs to be updated to include this "new?" problem. You could try it out and see if it works for you.

Ste

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 23, 19:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I will ... b/c this is ridiculous   Do you use that cheat in the house or in the neighborhood view ?

It will work both ways.  The only problem is when you have multiple familys with the same last name, you never know to which family the cheat will take effect on!  Roll Eyes  But in this case, since they are in the University hood and you need to type the household name instead of the last name, you won't have this problem.  Just be careful when you use it with your regular families that have many generations.

There are 3 ways to use this cheat:

1- familyfunds insertnameorhouseholdnamehere +2000 This will add 2000$ to the amount of money the family already have
2- familyfunds insertnameorhouseholdnamehere -2000  This will deduct 2000$ to the amount of money the family already have
3- familyfunds insertnameorhouseholdnamehere 2000  The new amount of money the family will have is 2000$
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 23, 20:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you download the mod, it has an RTFM
ahem ... well ... I see ... hmmmmm ... what is RTFM  Huh
*LOL*

The only problem is when you have multiple familys with the same last name, you never know to which family the cheat will take effect on
That is what to expect when we are talking Maxis created *ROFL*

Thanks Smiley

Rose
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 23, 20:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you download the mod, it has an RTFM
ahem ... well ... I see ... hmmmmm ... what is RTFM  Huh
*LOL*

RTFM = Read the fu**ing manual, or Read the Freaking Manual, whatever you prefer.  Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 24, 00:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or 'Read The Fracking Manual' for Battlestar Galactica fans... Grin

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 24, 00:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or 'Read The Fracking Manual' for Battlestar Galactica fans... Grin

Speaking of which, when's someone gonna make a #6 sim so I can clone one of my servos to look like her.  Wink

Or for that matter, a #6 replacement for the social bunny that only the sim with low social can see would be cool too.  Grin

Maybe I'll find a Lucy Lawless/Xena sim and turn her into a #3 servo at least, heh.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 26, 00:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I sent Beau Broke to the SS to resurrect a couple of dormies (didn't want to do it in the dorm, too risky).  When he got there, the funds had doubled again and were standing at over $6m.  He did the resurrections, went straight home, and took the entire SS funds back with him, so they had S6,012,566 in the dorm.  Shortly afterwards, his girlfriend graduated and left, taking $168,4209 with her (that's ex-townie teens for ya).  The dorm was then left with $3,419667, so where the remaining $708,684 has disappeared to is anyone's guess.  I'll probably return to the main neighbourhood and find that JM has got it.

Quite what the balance will be on the SS lot I don't know (doesn't seem to be any way to find out in SimPE), but I'm afraid to go back and find out, in case it's still the same and whoever goes takes another $6m back to the dorm with them.  Even if I divide the entire amount up between the 29 students who've passed through since I restarted the neighbourhood, that's still over Ģ200,000 each.  OK, they could all start businesses, but I don't want to run that many businesses, it's too boring!

Amusingly, Beau is intending to join the Criminal career - looks like he's a dead cert for quick promotion. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 26, 12:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I sent Beau Broke to the SS to resurrect a couple of dormies (didn't want to do it in the dorm, too risky).  When he got there, the funds had doubled again and were standing at over $6m.  He did the resurrections, went straight home, and took the entire SS funds back with him, so they had S6,012,566 in the dorm.  Shortly afterwards, his girlfriend graduated and left, taking $168,4209 with her (that's ex-townie teens for ya).  The dorm was then left with $3,419667, so where the remaining $708,684 has disappeared to is anyone's guess.  I'll probably return to the main neighbourhood and find that JM has got it.

Quite what the balance will be on the SS lot I don't know (doesn't seem to be any way to find out in SimPE), but I'm afraid to go back and find out, in case it's still the same and whoever goes takes another $6m back to the dorm with them.  Even if I divide the entire amount up between the 29 students who've passed through since I restarted the neighbourhood, that's still over Ģ200,000 each.  OK, they could all start businesses, but I don't want to run that many businesses, it's too boring!

Amusingly, Beau is intending to join the Criminal career - looks like he's a dead cert for quick promotion. 

I like taking my kids to to the SS and am very annoyed by this bug.  I haven't figured out a way to reset the SS funds, but when my kids graduate and move back to the neighborhood, the first thing I do is reset their funds to the standard 20,000 -- at least I can control that!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: