More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 05:04:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity  (Read 20896 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity
« on: 2009 June 14, 00:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I finally got the omniplant opportunity. I grew 10 outstanding/perfect steaks, but had no option to deliver them. I even made sure to be there when the bistro was open (11am - 11pm), although usually, opp options are just greyed outside the business hours instead of not showing at all.
Then I realized that I was still missing the flame fruit (the last one except the omniplant), and thought that this might be the reason why I couldn't finish the opportunity. More seed hunting. I lucked out and found some flame fruit seed, grew it, harvested it, back to the bistro - nada.

Any ideas what the hell I'm missing? I'm pretty sick of carrying those stupid steaks in my inventory Angry.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 14, 01:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at the description of the opportunity and see what the first line says.  Does it say something like "deliver steaks to complete this opportunity", or is it stuck at an earlier step?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 14, 02:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you expanded the items in inventory to make sure that every last one is of the proper quality?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 14, 09:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solved! I was so damned sure that I'd overlooked something obvious (because that's usually the case when I get stuck in quests), that I didn't even think of a glitch. Restarting the game worked wonders, the option suddenly appeared.

You have no idea how often I controlled the steak quality and put them in and out of my inventory to see what the questlog said Cheesy.

ETA: One thing is still unclear for me: Do you need all the other plants to complete the opportunity or not?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 09:07:05 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 14, 10:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, as soon as you deliver the delicious steaks you get the omniplant seeds, although if you have every plant available planted you get reduced weed growth.

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 14, 11:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that puzzles me is how you get the first quest in the chain.  I haven't seen it myself, but I've read about the quest that gives you the cheese-and-eggs seeds.  I've had a couple of Sims get 10 Gardening now, and it never pops up.  Perhaps the trigger is one of the career tracks?

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 14, 12:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so. My first sim who got it was in the Political Career and the second was Business. I think you just have to keep gardening and answer your phone when it rings. Also if you already have a skill opportunity waiting to be fulfilled you have to get rid of it before you can get the next one.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 14, 16:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gardener is unemployed, yet she got the ability to plant cheeses, then immediately after got the cheese opportunity. However, I wasn't getting the steak one and before awesomemod was updated to include ability protection, I lost the ability to plant cheese, eggs, or meats on rotation. Thank goodness for the new CTRL-click options. She's got perhaps 12 more days to live and I need her to have everything planted before she kicks it and I abandon the house.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 14, 17:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The omniplant can be found at the Science Center in Sunset Valley (or whatever), but I haven't found it growing anywhere in Riverview, and haven't gotten the opportunity yet to get seeds for it. Has anyone found it in RV yet?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 14, 18:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The omniplant can be found at the Science Center in Sunset Valley (or whatever), but I haven't found it growing anywhere in Riverview, and haven't gotten the opportunity yet to get seeds for it. Has anyone found it in RV yet?

There's one tucked in a corner around the right-hand (front the front) side of the science bulding.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 15, 08:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, as soon as you deliver the delicious steaks you get the omniplant seeds, although if you have every plant available planted you get reduced weed growth.

Ah - another myth busted then. Yes, I knew about the reduced weeds, that's why I wanted the omniplant (and all other plants) in the first place. Not just to grow deathfish, although it does look funny.

hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 15, 12:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deathfish are kind of lame once you get them mounted, but the robotfish are pretty cool. I just wish you could feed the death flowers to the omniplant. I love those creepy little guys.

Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 15, 13:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so. My first sim who got it was in the Political Career and the second was Business. I think you just have to keep gardening and answer your phone when it rings. Also if you already have a skill opportunity waiting to be fulfilled you have to get rid of it before you can get the next one.

I've always got opportunities even if I ignored the phone ringing. They just come up anyway after some rings.

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 15, 14:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.

The deathfish are kind of lame once you get them mounted, but the robotfish are pretty cool. I just wish you could feed the death flowers to the omniplant. I love those creepy little guys.

I like the deathfish better Tongue. I grow them to stock my pond.

Oh, btw - can you stock a pond with salt water fish, too, or will they die?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 15, 14:56:48 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 16, 15:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.

How do you stock the pond?  I have a pond at my house but it won't let me add any fish to it.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 16, 15:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.

How do you stock the pond?  I have a pond at my house but it won't let me add any fish to it.

You have to have at least 10 fish, I think.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 16, 15:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drag and drop them in there?

I'm not quite that stupid that I wouldn't have tried that.  When dragging and dropping to the pond I just get a circle with a slash and they go back to the inventory.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 16, 15:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have 10 fish in your inventory when you click the pond and you'll see the option to "stock."
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 16, 15:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have 10 of a particular type of fish in your sim's inventory the "stock pond" option will come up when your sim clicks on the pond.  Then you'll get a list of all the fish that your sim has 10 or more of in their inventory.

I've noticed that some ponds on residential lots come "pre-stocked".  Stocking them yourself seems to wipe that out and replace it with whatever you stocked the pond with.  Fortunately any fish I've stocked (as opposed to pre-stocked fish) have still been there after adding more fish to the same pond in another play session, including after rotating through other households.

To answer SHW's question - yes, you can stock a pond on a residential lot with salt water fish.  I've had all 21 fish varieties stocked in the same pond, regardless of whether they are fresh water fish, salt water fish, or both.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 16, 16:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To answer SHW's question - yes, you can stock a pond on a residential lot with salt water fish.  I've had all 21 fish varieties stocked in the same pond, regardless of whether they are fresh water fish, salt water fish, or both.

Good to know, thanks!

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 16, 17:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you stock a pond with salt water fish, too, or will they die?

I, too, have all 21 varieties of fish in the little pond on my home lot, just for laughs. None have died yet! And yes, it requires multiples of ten to stock.

I originally thought I'd got the buggers to jump in my homemade pond, but was wrong: I'd told two Sims to stock and was only watching one. The other Sim finished what she was supposed to be busy doing early and started stocking just "off-screen," causing splash animations and noises. Then went off to do her next command in the queue. When I couldn't reproduce "fish jumping on non-default water source," I restarted the save I'd made just prior to the stocking and caught her at it. DARN!
« Last Edit: 2009 June 16, 17:42:58 by Lorelei » Logged

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 16, 17:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, have all 21 varieties of fish in the little pond on my home lot, just for laughs. None have died yet! And yes, it requires multiples of ten to stock.
Thanks for sharing... This answers the question if predator/prey can share the same pond. 
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 16, 19:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some questions about stocking, are you limited to ten catches of all the given stocked fish?  Or does it essentially become an infinite well of whatever fish you stock it with?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 16, 20:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's [a community Omniplant] tucked in a corner around the right-hand (front the front) side of the science bulding.

Thanks! I thought I'd poked around there thoroughly. I suppose I didn't!

Thanks for sharing... This answers the question if predator/prey can share the same pond. 

They not only can, but in RV, some of the stocked pools at the LARGE community fishing area have predator and prey in the same pools by default.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 17, 00:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some questions about stocking, are you limited to ten catches of all the given stocked fish?  Or does it essentially become an infinite well of whatever fish you stock it with?

Not sure if there is a limit, but if there is it's pretty high.  I had a sim catch 10 deathfish off-lot to stock his pond with.  He later satisfied a wish to catch 250 deathfish, with the other 240 deathfish caught in his own pond.  Other family members were also catching deathfish from the same pond.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: