More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:40:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Viviana: Girl or Boy? Wha?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Viviana: Girl or Boy? Wha?  (Read 7299 times)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
Viviana: Girl or Boy? Wha?
« on: 2007 June 24, 02:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same neighborhood for about a year.  I have a feeling it's going to explode soon, as I have several Sim kids in generations 6 and 7 of my modified Legacy Challenge.

However, today I had an odd thing occur.  Yes, I did a search before posting, and all that was determined that this was a glitch.  But first, this family had a baby girl.  Ok, I give it the name Viviana.  Then a couple days later I grow the baby up and...it's a boy?

It looks like a boy toddler. It has the hair like one.  It looks like his/her daddy.  Yet in SimPE it's flagged as a girl.  Say wha?

Not sure what's up with this, nor do I know if it's fixable.  I'll keep you all posted to see if this will be my first gay Sim.   Shocked

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Viviana: Girl or Boy? Wha?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 24, 02:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you been dabbling in the non-Awesome? That sounds like the outcome of early attempts to control baby gender.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 24, 03:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was going to say that it sounded like one of my failed attempts to change a Sim's gender. If it isn't done completely, you will end up with Sims that are a bit.. in between.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 24, 07:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a bit of a dumb suggestion, but try a 'change appearance' in the mirror or 'plan outfit' on a changing table. See which gender's clothes/hairstyles are available. I believe there are a couple of unisex hairstyles for toddlers and I know that some of the clothing is interchangeable. I would make sure it's not just a cross-dressing baby. Smiley

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 24, 09:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had plenty of female toddlers that wear blue outfits and have short-short hair. As above poster says, take them to a changing table or mirror and find out Smiley

ISTP
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 24, 11:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of which-gender-is-it weirdness with the baby/toddler/child transitions before, but not in any place high-tech enough to do much investigation. (Heck, this is the only place high-tech enough to do any serious investigation of bugs not already well-examined.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 24, 12:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't put it past the game to change a sim's gender without the player doing anything stupid.

One time I created a family in CAS that had two identical teenage girls. They were exactly as I had created them while in the sim bin. I put them on a lot... the lot loaded and one of the girls was a boy with random Maxis hair and clothing. Nothing was different about him otherwise -- his face was just the girl's face flipped to male.

Now, in that case, there had been absolutely no chance that I had done something to cause it. There was literally just minutes between creating the family and putting it on a lot. No other lots were loaded in between, nothing else was created or changed. In fact, while the lot was loading, the picture showed the two teen girls. The picture didn't change to show the new "boy" until the next time I re-loaded the lot (which I did immediately, hoping the bug would correct itself if I left without saving).

This "boy" was severely screwed up, too. He had a girl's voice and the hair and clothing would randomly switch around -- sometimes male clothing and hair would be available, and sometimes female.

Fail.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 24, 16:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This "boy" was severely screwed up, too. He had a girl's voice and the hair and clothing would randomly switch around -- sometimes male clothing and hair would be available, and sometimes female.

Wow... that's kind of a weird and sorta cool glitch.  Maybe Maxis EA is like really pushing the "Queer Agenda" with secret, sneaky "bugs" like this. Lol. Cheesy

Maybe your sim, s/he was trying to tell you something in a not so subtle way:  "Mommy... I think I wanna be a boy..." Wink

Ste

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 24, 17:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, Ste...sounds like a call for a trannie mod. [/hint]

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 24, 18:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't put it past the game to change a sim's gender without the player doing anything stupid.

I wouldn't, either. One of my OFB (I think--she could've been generated with the Pets install) townies has been redefining the term "gender confusion" from the moment she appeared. S/he has the hair/face/clothing of an adult female, but her voice is definitely male, and s/he's flagged as a male by SimPE. Huh

There's something else glitched with her, too...every time she appears on one of my sims' business lots, her buy bar appears embedded in her neck instead of over her head.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 24, 18:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and yes, this problem is very fixable, I forgot to add. I think all you have to do to change or solidify their gender is to change that "Treat as:" section to the appropriate gender. You have to change their property sets (located in their character file) to the right gender as well.

Under plugin view, there should be something that says gender. All you have to do is change this value by putting 0x00000001 for women, or 0x00000002 for men.

When you go into the game, you may have to change what they look like in the mirror if you aged them up while they were a teen or older (I think).
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 24, 19:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow... that's kind of a weird and sorta cool glitch.  Maybe Maxis EA is like really pushing the "Queer Agenda" with secret, sneaky "bugs" like this. Lol. Cheesy

Maybe your sim, s/he was trying to tell you something in a not so subtle way:  "Mommy... I think I wanna be a boy..." Wink

Ste

I agree.  I wish that some of my sims had gender confusion or a desire to cross dress.  It would make my hood more interesting and diverse.  Would it be a VBT to attempt this manually by changing the "treat as" to female for a male in SimPE?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 24, 20:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  I wish that some of my sims had gender confusion or a desire to cross dress.  It would make my hood more interesting and diverse.  Would it be a VBT to attempt this manually by changing the "treat as" to female for a male in SimPE?

It wouldn't be too bad, I don't think. You would end up with a Sim similar to what Tyraa described. I could imagine some problems with determining gender preference when a Sim flirts with the cross dresser, though that is probably controlled by one of the property sets.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 24, 20:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goodness no!  I only have approved awesome hacks and I don't want to change any Sim's gender.  So I haven't been dabbling in gender-changing.

I'll get on the game briefly and see whether Vivi's clothes are female or male. 

Back when I installed this onto my laptop, I did have CAS Sims have female faces on a male body, so that freaked me out (it probably was the sucky video card playing with my brain).  I wonder if it's doing it again...

Edit:  Ah, Vivi is a girl.  Her clothes are female as well as her hair.  I suppose the game found it funny to give her a mini fro  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2007 June 24, 20:51:29 by Chee-Z » Logged

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 24, 22:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could imagine some problems with determining gender preference when a Sim flirts with the cross dresser

Just like real life!

INFP or something
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 29, 08:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I already have specific plans for them, it an infant ages to a toddler and looks like the opposite gender of what they really are, I take it as a hint to make them a tomboy/effeminate/what-have-you, and I'm more likely to encourage them to be gay. Although I usually just set new playables/teens to bi-low and let them pick themselves (yay, ACR).

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: