More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 19:53:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Age Sims Cheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Age Sims Cheat  (Read 2586 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Age Sims Cheat
« on: 2006 January 23, 18:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if anyone is really using this for stuff like this but me, but... I've been using the age sims cheat to keep my townie kids about the same age as my own. If one of mine grows up and still has a want regarding a younger child, I grow them up too. I noticed when they were teens and went on a date that the date meter wouldn't give me the date's wants. It didn't bother me that much (who cares if a townie is platinum and dream dates are still easy to get) so I didn't really worry about it. When I aged them on up and sent them to college, I found out why. They still have a "grow up" aspiration insteading of acquiring a real one upon becoming a teen like they should. Easy enough to fix with the aspiration reward, but I thought someone else might like to know.

Unsouper
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Age Sims Cheat
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 23, 23:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious... so the Age Sims Cheat only sets the age? When you "grew up" those children into teens, their aspiration did not change from Grow Up?

What about using the debug/testingcheats option to set age? Does that also not set the aspiration?

Even if it doesn't, you can use the debug/testingcheats to set the aspiration, and you wouldn't have to use the renuyu orb thingy. Just spawn the Sims Modder. I think that also has options to set age and aspiration.

Ste

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Age Sims Cheat
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 23, 23:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the cheat just set the age and did not change their aspiration from "Grow Up. (Makes sense I guess - who was gonna choose the aspiration for them as they're townies).

I didn't try the testing cheat, so I don't know if that changes the aspiration (and really grows them up) or not. I was using the new one cuz 1) it's really easy and 2) it's new :)

I'm sure testing cheats would work for the aspiration as well... just the renuyu orb thing was easy to do... well and it's *supposed* to be a legacy hood and I guess felt less cheat-y, tho I'm with JM on annoyances must be fixed. The rules say you can use cheats and hacks to fix buggy stuff - in my opinion clones and non-aging townies are buggy stuff and I feel no guilt :) I didn't really notice they didn't have aspirations (as I'm not playing them, just aging them up and leaving them townies) until they got to college where I had to take control temporarily to get them in the dorm. I set them back to townies with Inge's shrub and continue to feel no guilt <g>

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: