More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:37:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wonky freeze-ups , Waaaahhhh
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wonky freeze-ups , Waaaahhhh  (Read 3609 times)
sabra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Wonky freeze-ups , Waaaahhhh
« on: 2006 January 11, 00:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only the original game and uni installed, and have  JMP's critical fixes for Uni, no other hacks.  (I do have Ingle's teleporter and Merola's multipurpose painting.  Those aren't considered hacks, are they?)

Anyhoo, I get to the point in every house I've been playing where the simmies just freeze.  I can click on them, but can't get them to move.

What am I doing wrong NOW???  This game gives me such an inferiority complex, I swear it's like being back in junior high school.

And no, I didn't get debug message because I will freely admit that I don't know how to debug. *hangs head*

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Wonky freeze-ups , Waaaahhhh
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 11, 01:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May be you have to increase your RAM, and update your drivers. When I installed Uni, my game had many freezes, until I added RAM and updated the drivers.

And, may be it can be because you put your sims to live in a pre-Uni houses. JMP wrote that this can cause a lot of troubles.

Try to move the family to the family bin, then put it in a brand new house, made by you. If everything goes right - then this is the case JMP talked about.
sabra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 11, 01:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for replying, Gali.  Smiley

I don't think it's RAM or drivers because it's a brand new computer and video card,etc.

I tried deleting the groups.cache and will see if that helps.  The houses in question are all Maxis, and yes, they predate Uni. But I didn't realize there was a problem with this--I thought it was only with pre-NL houses. Huh Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 11, 01:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is actually worse with pre-Uni houses, I think.  Don't move your sims into any house that hasn't been played since you installed the EP, and enter the lot in Build Mode, make a minor alteration, save, exit and then try loading your family.

If you haven't done so recently, it might be worth defragging too.

Zephyr Zodiac
sabra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 11, 01:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll try that. But I'm confused, because I've newly installed the game (with Uni) on a new computer and have made all my families from scratch.  In other words, there was no pre-Uni game.

And the weird thing is that the game loads just fine, plays well for a few minutes, and then the characters simply freeze and cannot be moved.  This has now happened in three lots which until this week were running smoothly.

I've managed to locate the testing cheat, so if it happens again I'll debug and post the results.

Thanks very much for replying!b Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 11, 01:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you got the Uni FFSdebugger?  If not, might be worth trying that before you give up.

And one further thought - did you deleteallcharacters before you started your game?  If so, the freezing could be whenever the game generates a new NPC.

Zephyr Zodiac
sabra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 11, 11:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Z.Z., I'll try the fix.  Sorry for not answering last night, I fell asleep over the smoldering ruins of my computer. Embarrassed
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 11, 11:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've all been there!  some of us even have the t-shirt!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: