More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:56:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Corrupted tiles in "Federal Fortress" house.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupted tiles in "Federal Fortress" house.  (Read 4531 times)
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Corrupted tiles in "Federal Fortress" house.
« on: 2006 November 10, 01:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 2 corrupted tiles in a modified version of the Maxis "Federal Fortress" house and I have no idea how to fix them, both tiles display the same behavior in that any object placed on the tile causes the object to be moved off-set on the tile or rotated incorrectly. I can't place a counter on a tile in my kitchen because it causes the counter to move backwards through the wall and not connect with the counters either side of it or be useable. I tried deleting the counter and placing a new one incase it was the counter but it still didn't work properly. The second tile I noticed became corrupted after my toddler finished playing with one of his toys, the toy displayed sticking up sideways through the floor when not in use. Any item placed on that tile displays incorrectly and multi-tiled objects cannot be placed there without moveobjects. The tiles are on different floors of the house and are not directly above/below each other.

Is there a way that I can fix this or do I need to move my family out and clear the lot? I have ALL the expansions and stuff packs (except Holiday) and I've tried to make sure that all my hacks are compatible with Pets, which I'm almost completely sure they are since 97% come from MATY.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Corrupted tiles in "Federal Fortress" house.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 10, 02:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like a job for JMs "stuckobjremover"
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 10, 02:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to try that, it hadn't occured to me that there may be a stuck issue since I've never encountered this problem before. But, now that I think on it, I just remembered that the tile the counter was messing up on, used to have a highchair on it before my toddler aged and I took it out and extended the counter space in the kitchen.

Both tiles had toddler related items on them, is there some kind of occassional bug caused by toddler items?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 10, 02:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snipped> is there some kind of occassional bug caused by toddler items?

I'm not sure, but I know the rabbit-head toys do not display properly on the OFB display shelves - they sink down into the shelves, so that the top of the toy (the ears) sticks out above the shelves, whilst the bottom of the toy sticks out beneath the shelves. I believe this is a known issue, but it's still very odd. I've also had issues with the rabbit-head sinking into the floor after a toddler was playing with it and I cancelled the action in the queue, causing the toddler to drop the toy in an odd position, but when the toddler played with the toy again, it seemed to right itself. I'm not sure if all toddler items are buggy, or if it's just the rabbit-head toy.

EDIT: corrected misspelling

EDIT2: corrected improper grammar
« Last Edit: 2006 November 11, 09:24:52 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 10, 03:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the toy my toddler was playing with was the logic one, where you fit the shapes into the box.

Okay, just tried burninating the corrupted tiles. The tile in the kitchen is now corrected, however the tile in the playroom where the toddler toy was, resists burnination after multiple attempts and remains corrupted.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 10, 03:41:18 by nataku » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 10, 08:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen when I removed the nursery and turned it into a bedroom.

Try burninating all the adjacent squares aroung the one dodgy one, seemed to work for me.
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 11, 02:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I luckily didn't have to do that, when I loaded the game back up and entered the lot I tried to burninate it one more time and this time it worked. Thank you for the suggestions.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 11, 03:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure, but I know the rabbit-head toys do not display properly on the OFB display shelves - they sink down into the shelves, so that the top of the toy (the ears) sticks out above the shelves, whilst the bottom of the toy sticks out beneath the shelves.

I've never seen that in the two toy stores my sims run.  The rabbit heads sit just fine on the shelves.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 11, 07:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, mine do as well.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 11, 09:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be only the top shelves that cause problems with the rabbit-head toy. I keep meaning to relocate the rabbit-heads to a lower shelf, but never seem to get around to it. Ah well.

P.S. That look on Valdemort's (sp?) face is priceless, as though he's saying 'Hmmm, I wonder why these rabbit-heads keep sinking into the shelves like that.' Well, it gave me a chuckle, anyway.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 11, 09:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe.  And that's exactly what he purchased... a rabbit head.  They are possessed toys, after all, so it makes sense... right?
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 14, 22:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The federal fortress house isn't the only house with corrupt tiles. The summerdream house is a complete nightmares. I used to try and make it livable but now I just build them a nice, not so gigantic, home.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: