More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 11:37:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Hot tub animations missing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hot tub animations missing  (Read 3736 times)
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hot tub animations missing
« on: 2009 April 09, 09:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several months ago I noticed animations missing when two Sims are in the hot tub making out.  While doing the makeout interaction, their bodies only rock back and forth against the side of the tub, over and over again.  In the past, I distinctly remember further animations where the couple would also periodically move to the center of the hot tub while continuing to make out.  However, my Sims are no longer doing that, they just stay against the side of the tub.  This occurs with any Sim couple, in any hot tub (above ground or inset) on any lot, residential or community.  (Yes, I have tried deleting the hot tub and buying a new one.) 

All hot tub interactions are available, and I'm having no other problem using the tub.  It's just that these extra animations are missing from the makeout.  Not a big problem for me as far as affecting gameplay, but I'm just wondering why are they gone?  I'm not getting error messages, just the missing actions.  I can't pinpoint exactly when this started occuring, I just happened to notice it one day.  I do know that it was already occuring before I installed AL and M&G.

I have all EPs and SPs and my hacks are:

Romancemod
Norandomflirtwants
Simsky FasterEducation
Squinge Easy Breakup
Simwardrobe NoWitchesonCommunityLots, NoHobbyMannerisms

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hot tub animations missing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 09, 09:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, none of these hacks would be causing your problem, although norandomflirtwants was superceded nondestructively by the more comprehensive wfsanity. I would suggest that if you have any problems, they are probably caused by your lack of all the important fixes. You should install the Director's Cut! Accept no Kewian-based substitutes! Other than that, I can't think of anything that covers the error you describe, the make-out hot tub in my game works just fine. Maybe you need MOAR hacks?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 30, 19:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Risking cries of necromancy...

A few days ago, I had some teens making out in the hot tub, and I noticed the animations in the center of the tub that you referred to.  It's the first time I'd ever seen them.  It may also very well have been the first time I'd had teens making out in the hot tub, believe it or not.  Seems likely to me that teens have one set of animations and YAs/adults have another.  Now I'm curious about elder hot tub make outs.   Cheesy
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 30, 21:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Darby
It happened for me between two adult sims who were having an affair. I want to believe it's because the hotter they have it for one another, those animations show up  Cheesy They were going at it for hours.
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 30, 22:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hmmm.  It's possible I've never had an affair couple making out in the hot tub either (my game is too tame!) so I can't speak to that either way.  But now I'm very interested to know just how many hot tub make-out animations there are.

Attraction (boltage), which is all "the hotter they have it for one another" could mean for purposes of objective game functioning, as opposed to subjective sense of how "hot" a sim couple CAN have it for each other, doesn't seem to be a determining factor, though.  My three-bolt YA/adult couples - married or not (to rule that out) - don't use the "hotter" animations the one-bolt teen couple I saw the other night did.  So I'm still thinking it's age-related, although now I've got to try an affair to if I'll see what you've seen. 

Your "They were going at it for hours." makes me wonder about that, because I can't imagine one couple's make-outs being longer than another's, aside from difference in length between different animations.  I could certainly be wrong, but I'm pretty sure make-outs are preprogrammed to be a set length.  I figure "going at it for hours" is either a figure of speech on your part, or they were stacking up several make-outs that looked like one long one.

If that sounds snarky, I don't mean for it to.  It's just that I've got what I suspect is a tetch of the OCD, can be very literal, and am a stickler for specific, deliberate observation and testing before I can comfortably go with what someone else says is true when I haven't seen it for myself.   Wink     
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 30, 23:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have no instant love in, so I am not sure how it effects it. By hours, I meant sim hours. The dad invited his muse over for a date after his wife passed out asleep at 7pm and they got in the hot tub by themselves. I told him to woohoo and the afterward make-out session went on til around 1am, which was then I instructed him to have her get lost because his wife had woken upstairs.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 30, 23:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like ACR got involved there also.  I've seen ACR/sofa/woohoo that went on and on, and then there've been some 2 second quickies.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: