More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:37:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No longer amused. Anyone know what's up with the Social Workers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No longer amused. Anyone know what's up with the Social Workers?  (Read 9772 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
No longer amused. Anyone know what's up with the Social Workers?
« on: 2006 January 06, 18:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A while back I posted in some thread about my sims meeting the Social Worker after getting their kids taken away.

I was amused about it at the time, but I'm no longer all that amused.

Now my sims are getting Sovial Workers as blind dates.  Shocked

Facts:

* Happens in all neighborhoods, regardless of how many townies/NPCs/playable sims are in there.
* Sims who get them as blind dates are not sims who already know practically everyone in the 'hood -- in fact some are brand new sims who know no one.
* Happens in a brand new reset of the Maxis neighborhoods, too.
* Patched game. But happened before the patch as well.
* NO HACKS installed... still happens. Removing hacks was the first thing I tried, of course.

If anyone wants to check this out, try this:

Reset Pleasantview.
Create a sim in CAS who is: Male, Virgo, Romance, with Black Hair as a turn on.
Call up the Matchmaker and pay full price for a date.
In my game this sim gets the SW as one of the first three or so dates. Usually the first date, in fact.

I have gone out on dates with the SW and even had my sims marry her. No glitches so far, but I just have this horrible feeling that this whole thing IS a glitch... I just don't see why a sim named Social Worker would be available as a marriage partner or even friend. If they don't have names, I don't think you are supposed to be able to do anything with them. Or at least that's how it's always been.

Is ANYONE else having this glitch? I hate being the only one with some stupid glitch. Undecided

Fail.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: No longer amused. Anyone know what's up with the Social Workers?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 06, 18:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not alone I can assure you.  The gypsy match my Sims with the social worker, repoman, Headmaster, etc.

What I think is that the searching for matching date Maxis system does not check to see if it is an NPC we can normally interact with or not.

When the gypsy give me a match like that, I go back to neighborhood without saving and try again.

I did not hear so far about a mod/hack to fix this but for sure it is not cause by them.  Happened to me a few times before I had hacks in my game and I did had the patch install.

EDIT:  Some people mention their Sim had dates wit the "real" Bella in Pleasantview, that is not suppose to happen since you cannot call her afterward.  Probably the same for the social worker and repoman I don't think you can call them after the date.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 06, 18:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not alone I can assure you.  The gypsy match my Sims with the social worker, repoman, Headmaster, etc.

What I think is that the searching for matching date Maxis system does not check to see if it is an NPC we can normally interact with or not.

When the gypsy give me a match like that, I go back to neighborhood without saving and try again.

I did not hear so far about a mod/hack to fix this but for sure it is not cause by them.  Happened to me a few times before I had hacks in my game and I did had the patch install.

EDIT:  Some people mention their Sim had dates wit the "real" Bella in Pleasantview, that is not suppose to happen since you cannot call her afterward.  Probably the same for the social worker and repoman I don't think you can call them after the date.

I can call the SW after meeting her. She acts just like any sim.

Thanks for the reply. Makes me feel better to know it isn't just my game.

Fail.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 06, 18:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, Pescado do not suggest you move-in NPC like the social worker, headmaster, nanny, repoman, cheerleader and mascotte into your Sim house since they will still act like they are NPC even if you move them in.  Not good for the game.

Gardener, maid, postman, fireman, policeman and others are ok to be moved-in and of course all the townies are ok.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 06, 18:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, Pescado do not suggest you move-in NPC like the social worker, headmaster, nanny, repoman, cheerleader and mascotte into your Sim house since they will still act like they are NPC even if you move them in.  Not good for the game.

I wouldn't have done it in a neighborhood I cared about. Smiley

Fail.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 07, 02:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering tho, has anyone ever gotten a match from sims we have created ourselves?  I always gets townies/npcs and the like on a blind date.  Is it possible for the gypsy to match a CAS sim at all?

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 07, 02:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've only bothered a couple of times with the blind date system and all I've ever got is NPCs, so I think it's just a stupid waste of time and sims' money!  The gypsy is a total waste of space in every sense!

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 07, 03:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering tho, has anyone ever gotten a match from sims we have created ourselves?  I always gets townies/npcs and the like on a blind date.  Is it possible for the gypsy to match a CAS sim at all?

I've gotten pre-made Maxis sims, but never my own so far. I think it was Brandi Broke that got Darren Dreamer one time, and Dine (or was it Nina) also got a Maxis sim but I can't recall whom. Mostly I get Service NPCs (gardeners and such), and townies and downtownies.

Fail.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 07, 03:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazlo Curious's widow in my game somehow got the gardener as a blind date.  Makes a pretty interesting story once that guy moved in.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 07, 03:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what happens in hoods where you replace all the townies etc. with your own?  Does the gypsy merely look in the townie household, or check for specific townies?

And why, when I checked in my current hood before removing a few more dormies, did every single one of them reckon they knew Rosalinda Scarlatti (who having spawned a want for a blind date, got one with Mitch Wolosenko!) but did not have a corresponding relationship with any of them?  very odd!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 07, 05:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten my CAS sims and my CAS created Townies and the Maxis Downtownies (I like most of the downtownies)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 07, 05:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten CAS sims as well. One girl pulled out the man I was intending to match up with her sister.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 07, 05:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally think the whole system sucks!  What I'd like to see is an option on the computer where sims who WANT blind dates can sign up! And then the game will only pick from them and townies etc.  And there should be a specified age range - there's one elder townie - Christa Walton in my game, who was forever phoning up to invite college students and adults with 29 full days to go before transition on dates!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 07, 06:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daniel Pleasant got a Social Worker in mine (and in someone else's in a thread here somewhere - in that person's case he married her and she became Social Pleasant, I'll never forget that).  I also got Bella for a Romance Sim with black hair & make-up as turn-ons.  Both were first use of the Matchmaker.  Daniel was definitely able to call the Social Worker afterwards, she was on his friendship panel.  She called him to go on another date and he called her to go on one.  I never bothered with Bella, that was just an experiment and I didn't save it.  Had I not restarted my restarted Pleasantview, Daniel would probably have married the social worker - I killed off Mary-Sue that time (can't stand the woman), but this time I let her live so he hasn't called for a date up to now.  He had to do it all in secret as it was, everytime he interacted with her, even on the phone, Angela & Lilith didn't like it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 07, 06:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims got the Social Worker (if you want to see how the date turned out, check chapter 6 of my Email Saga). Goopy is often the date of gyspy's first choice, but there was an odd incident when she took a CAS sim out of the sim bin for someone's blind date. My sims have also been given Headmasters and other NPCs, and one got a date with Phil Collins.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 07, 08:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Wanna see gypsy hell? Read this story:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/brynne14/7101.html
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 07, 09:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've had the social worker call my sim and invite him on a date downtown! And he'd only just moved in from CAS!

Zephyr Zodiac
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 07, 14:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and how does this cause harm to the game? in my game, Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant's third daughter married a cow mascott, he was good looking and they had good looking kids. and it's true i saw him visiting my sims still wearing his cow costume even after Uni! lol  Cheesy but i don't get why it's not good for the game...  Undecided
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 07, 14:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once got one of the guys that are generated when your sims call in sick as a blind date. He only had three options, and I couldn't ask him to leave. I had to get her on another date to get rid of him. The next day, he walks by. He gets frozen. I delete. Next day, rinse, lather, repeat. Now she has a stalker, and not only that it's an uninteractable stalker.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 07, 16:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only that, but once a stalker, always a stalker where NPCs are concerned.  I had a maid who decided to stalk Don, even though she wasn't even furious with him, and had been tipped 100 simoleons at least once.  Checking on her in simPE showed no furiosity whatsoever, and a relationship score of about +1/+5, but she'd still turn up in the middle of the night and kick over his trashcan, or just stand there at the portal causing the lot to slow to a crawl!

Once Don fired her and hired another maid, the problem ceased!

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 07, 17:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only that, but once a stalker, always a stalker where NPCs are concerned.  I had a maid who decided to stalk Don, even though she wasn't even furious with him, and had been tipped 100 simoleons at least once.

Once Don fired her and hired another maid, the problem ceased!

It's so hard to get decent help nowadays!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 07, 17:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're so right, angelyne!

I suppose don could have just moved the maid in, but he didn't have any LBs for her, and it's my experience of romance sims, if the chemistry is there, they'll get them on first greeting!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 08, 10:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often get a vampire first date. I don't think I've ever had an npc, though I get plenty of elders.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 08, 21:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Wanna see gypsy hell? Read this story:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/brynne14/7101.html

That made me laugh so hard, I almost cried.

Don't you think the game would at least check if they're related?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: