More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 02:11:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question concerning vacation hoods and main hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question concerning vacation hoods and main hood  (Read 5102 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Question concerning vacation hoods and main hood
« on: 2007 September 11, 02:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always try to avoid doing things that would cause my neighbourhood to explode so rather than stupidly do something that could bring it to annihiliation i figured i'd take a minute to ask.

What i'm wondering is can i safely move a family i've played for some time in my main hood to a vacation zone to live in say a beach house without getting major problems?  Also once there would there be any problems having a sim move in with them that's from the main neighbourhood using the move in option on a sim?
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Question concerning vacation hoods and main hood
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 11, 02:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think there is any way to have a sim LIVE in a vacation town.  You can chose a beach house lot for the main hood though.  You must choose the number of days to stay before going to the vacation lots, and there is no way to extend the vacation once there.  There is also no job, school, etc.  And no aging.  And no pets or babies or toddlers.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 11, 03:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression you could whack down a residential house on one of the vacation lots like any other section.  I can't exactly put a beach house in my main hood since i used the pleasantview map and there's no way to place a beach lot anywhere.
julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 11, 03:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression you could whack down a residential house on one of the vacation lots like any other section.  I can't exactly put a beach house in my main hood since i used the pleasantview map and there's no way to place a beach lot anywhere.

You can, but then it's only a vacation home that you can visit instead of staying at the hotel.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 03:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sims can own their own vacation house but can't live there permanently.

I suggest making a new subhood that uses a terrain made for beach lots.

theres some at -> http://www.simsanne.com/Forum/filebase.php?cat=12&sid=ac4c240cf02b923b2383ed2a1de82d46

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 03:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies guys.

Now when you say new subhood you mean like downtown or shopping district right?

Edit: Just checked my shopping district and as luck would have it landscape near beaches is now up for purchase hehe.  So is it safe to kick sims between the main hood and the shopping district hood?  Or does it cause stuff to multiply and explode?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 03:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it's done the right way - via family bin - it's ok.  Never move sims through the lot bin.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 03:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it's done the right way - via family bin - it's ok.  Never move sims through the lot bin.

Just to be sure you mean
Ripping house from the ground and planting it in another hood is bad cause it causes fires, earthquakes and hippies
But kicking a family out of the house and putting em in a home in another place such as my shopping district is fine?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 03:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be sure you mean
Ripping house from the ground and planting it in another hood is bad cause it causes fires, earthquakes and hippies
But kicking a family out of the house and putting em in a home in another place such as my shopping district is fine?
1. Ripping house from ground and planting in another 'hood/subhood is fine and makes hippies happy.
2. Kicking family out of house and putting them in subhood fine and makes hippies happy.
3. Kicking family out of house and putting them in another 'hood bad, makes hippies cry and simmies eventually go mad.
4. Taking occupied lot, putting in simbin, and putting in another 'hood/subhood/back in same hood is bad and hippies will spit on your game, causing it to explode and electrocute you.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 04:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be sure you mean
1. Ripping house from ground and planting in another 'hood/subhood is fine and makes hippies happy.
2. Kicking family out of house and putting them in subhood fine and makes hippies happy.
3. Kicking family out of house and putting them in another 'hood bad, makes hippies cry and simmies eventually go mad.
4. Taking occupied lot, putting in simbin, and putting in another 'hood/subhood/back in same hood is bad and hippies will spit on your game, causing it to explode and electrocute you.

Thank you very much that's nice and clear.  Thanks everyone for answering my stupid questions, maybe it'll save someone else the embarassment of having to ask them who knows.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: