More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 00:44:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bigfoot and bathroom uses you
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bigfoot and bathroom uses you  (Read 11108 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Bigfoot and bathroom uses you
« on: 2007 September 09, 00:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I adopted a bigfoot and discovered a teensy bit of a problem with bigfoot and BUY - I guess it comes from the fact that the game always believes a bigfoot is dirty.  As soon as bigfoot enters the bathroom he gets stuck in and endless loop of being pulled into the shower.  Bigfoot's hygiene is green, so he gets in for two seconds, gets out, and then is pulled straight back in again.

It's rather amusing to see a bigfoot with a shower obsession, but I can see this will cause problems!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bigfoot and bathroom uses you
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 09, 08:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is quite odd, since I can't find anything specific about Bigfoot which would cause that. Does Bigfoot have a Hygiene score that functions normally?

Death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 09, 10:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He does have a hygiene score that functions normally.  I do recall reading something along the lines of bigfoot would never care about his hygiene level.  I do note that other sims hygiene levels appear to be negatively impacted when he interacts with them.  Something is seeing him as still dirty - the first time he showers his hygiene will go from red to green as normal, but then instead of ejecting him, BUY will endlessly send him back into the shower despite his completely green hygiene level...  with a few random breaks for him to repair the shower as it breaks.

Would forcing an error on bigfoot give you any helpful information?  Or perhaps forcing an error when BUY has him in one of those endless loops?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 09, 10:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, force a few errors on random sims both on that lot and on other lots, both Bigfoot and non-Bigfoot, and attach the entire collection here. Do you have other neighborhoods as well, or is this the only one affected?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 09, 11:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are other hoods, but I've not even entered them - still messing about with a test hood after the EP install.

Now that I think about it, there isn't even another occupied lot in the hood!  But I'll get cracking on generating some error reports for you.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 09, 11:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's rather amusing to see a bigfoot with a shower obsession, but I can see this will cause problems!

The drain clogs alone....

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 09, 11:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You crack me up, Assmitten!

Pescado - big bunch o' error logs in attached zip - bigfoot, human, even some errors of bigfoot and other human when being used by BUY... and a random one forced on the BUY controller while dealing with bigfoot in a shower loop.  No idea how useful some of them will be, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 09, 13:26:06 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 09, 13:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool. Ima take a look. Lemme know when you get back to main Ness-land. Death to all Nesses.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 09, 13:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Main Ness-land probably won't happen until I'm satisfied that all hacks have been updated.  Unless someone can give me an alternative to keep the damn critters (strays, wolves, skunks) off my lots!  The critters must die!

In fact, main Ness-land may never be restored - I'm seriously considering dumping out some stuff packs which would make it impossible.  My usual thing with a new EP is to mess about with a test hood for a while, then start over with a brand new one.  I've still got all my original hoods dating back to NL, but I just never return to them.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 09, 14:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a 'ban strays' sign over on Simlogical that's still working fine in BV.

(Oh, and a new version of BUY is up.)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 09, 15:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My usual thing with a new EP is to mess about with a test hood for a while, then start over with a brand new one. 

if you want some nice, new terrains that are made for the new beach lots, I recommend the ones at -> http://www.simsanne.com/

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 09, 20:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you also able to translate so that I know where to go to find these terrains?  My German is non-existant!

Jsalemi - have the new BUY, looking forward to testing it out after work today.  But there'll probably be another new version by then!  Roll Eyes

Inge's sign works by deleting the strays once they are on the lot - I'd prefer something that doesn't even allow them to get there.  And I can't tell if it works on skunks and wolves either.  Plus no mention on Inge's site as to whether it's BV compatible or not.  The other thing I've found is Jfade's anti-wolf sign, but again no mention of it being BV compatible...  and it still leaves the strays and skunks to deal with.  Surely there must be something?!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 09, 21:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you also able to translate so that I know where to go to find these terrains?  My German is non-existant!

I don't know German either but Downloads (up at the top) and SC4-TERRAINS are in English  Wink

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 09, 21:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd got that far...  but I still couldn't see anything to indicate that they were suitable for the beach lots.  I went just a little bit further this time...  and found the pictures that tell me.

All I need now is instructions for how to install them that are actually in English - but I'll track that down this evening after work.

Thanks, Sleepycat!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 09, 21:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just un-zip and stick the .sc4 and the .png files into the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SC4Terrains folder  Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 10, 01:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's sign works by deleting the strays once they are on the lot - I'd prefer something that doesn't even allow them to get there.  And I can't tell if it works on skunks and wolves either.  Plus no mention on Inge's site as to whether it's BV compatible or not. 

In the absence of a BV-compatible Visitor Controller, I've been using Inge's sign, and no skunks, wolves or any strays appeared.  But let me whisper in your ear: TJ has posted a BV version of the new VC beta over on inteen.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 10, 02:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note to self. Ness needs moar skunk.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 10, 07:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness needs more time to herself and less work to do.  I hope someone else has managed to befriend a bigfoot, I'm probably not going to get time to do much until Wednesday.  Sad

Thanks, Joe!  Grin
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 10, 08:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus no mention on Inge's site as to whether it's BV compatible or not. 

There's been a compatibility list at my site for several days Smiley   Yes it's compatible.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 10, 11:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess a trip to the optometrist is in order.  I found the list, but couldn't find the sign on it anywhere.   Embarrassed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 10, 11:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 10, 12:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess a trip to the optometrist is in order.  I found the list, but couldn't find the sign on it anywhere.   Embarrassed

It was included in the general note for all objects marked "no globals".  Ie they are all safe to use.  Though, while you were on the site you could have asked me there if it wasn't clear rather than pondering on it here Cheesy

It's horses for courses - I like the zapper cos it doesn't override anything so there is less chance of it clashing with another hack.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: