More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 06:38:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  What could cause my store content, saves, and config to totally disappear?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What could cause my store content, saves, and config to totally disappear?  (Read 3629 times)
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
What could cause my store content, saves, and config to totally disappear?
« on: 2012 March 04, 01:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I came back to playing TS3 (all EPs through Pets, no stuff packs) after a month of inactivity, and found my game acting like it was a fresh install.

The last time I played, I installed a lot of store content successfully. In terms of mods/hacks, I only use AwesomeMod. I had a few save files going.

When I launched the game today, the game/graphics settings were back to default, the saves were all gone, and all store content was missing. I checked the launcher, too, as that's what I use to install content.

Took out AwesomeMod and any .package files I had and my stuff did not magically reappear.

So now I'm just asking if this is something other people have reported or if anyone has any suggestions for how this could happen. If not, I'll just have to assume I got really drunk one day and reinstalled my game for fun. =\
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What could cause my store content, saves, and config to totally disappear?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 04, 01:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 05, 01:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Akisej, someone reported having a similar issue except they hadn't stopped playing for awhile, it just...happened. My first question is, are you connecting to Origin? The person who reported the issue said that, every single item they DID NOT pay for disappeared, while items HE HAD paid for, did not.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 05, 09:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find with the game settings, they're more prone to resetting themselves than most other games. Updating graphics drivers can cause this to happen, and even patching can reset at least some of them (1.31 reset the aging lengths in my game). Just keep a backup of the config in future.
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 27, 22:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Akisej, someone reported having a similar issue except they hadn't stopped playing for awhile, it just...happened. My first question is, are you connecting to Origin? The person who reported the issue said that, every single item they DID NOT pay for disappeared, while items HE HAD paid for, did not.

I have Origin installed on here, but I don't start the game with the launcher. Even items I paid for and legit free downloads have disappeared and my save files also disappeared. After posting about it, I decided not to play, and now I'm finally getting around to playing almost another month later. I'm going to have to assume I'm missing some vital memory of doing something to make this happen. It wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me. But now I have this on record, so if it happens again... ;P

Thanks for the additional responses! Pescado is probably right though... tight pants.

Edit: I am a freaking moron. My 'My Documents\Electronic Arts' folder was in a 'My Documents\Downloads' folder this whole time. I just noticed it. My pants feel incredibly tight right now. XD Thanks for the suggestions all the same and sorry for wasting peoples' time.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 28, 03:02:33 by Akisej » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: