More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:48:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "N001_User307.1"...? WTF?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "N001_User307.1"...? WTF?  (Read 6419 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
"N001_User307.1"...? WTF?
« on: 2008 July 14, 06:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, so I got it into my head to finally start my neighborhood over with clean templates and better face templates... (Well, not a clean Pleasantview template. It's kind of nice having one constant group of townies.) I had taken out the norespawn hacks because I didn't feel like messing around with boolprop. I have the BV patch installed, so the endless-NPCs bug should have been killed, right?

Things are going great at first. Cassandra and Don are on honeymoon (although I plan to screw their relationship up later) in Takemizu Village, got the ninja teleportation on my second try, life is good, right?

Then I start getting weird bugs with the restaurant in the hotel, and with Don freezing up when I order him to go eat the leftovers from when they had room service. Weird, but I move on to another hotel.

Here's where things have me wondering if I somehow borked the game already. At the new one, I start noticing more townies (vacationies?) who weren't at the last couple lots. Okay, maybe they spawned to start with and I hadn't seen them. I notice the game sort of pausing up for a couple seconds every now and then- weird, it wasn't doing that before... I finally get suspicious and check out the N001 Characters folder to see just how many townies it's spawned. Somehow, I'd jumped from 102 sims (at least that ACR gave tokens to), to 309. Weirder- here and there, there's a 1 KB character file named normally, and one right next to it that's the same number plus .1 (see subject), and normally sized.

I've hardly even done anything yet!

(As for hack conflicts- there's a couple that were addressed in the respective hacks' RTFMs as safe. Also, for some reason asprechargetweak now conflicts with the kitten killer- weird, they always played nice before. I don't remember that one coming up on the list before.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 14, 06:52:33 by Insanity Prelude » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: "N001_User307.1"...? WTF?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 14, 07:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably nothing to do with your problem, but this is why I stopped playing the megahood. When Don and Cassandra were on honeymoon the game crashed when Don went to eat food. Cass was pregnant at the time and had already scarfed down 2 plates of Baked Alaska. I am pretty sure they were in a Takemizu hotel  too.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 14, 12:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the new one, I start noticing more townies (vacationies?) who weren't at the last couple lots.
The game starts to spawn hotel guests the moment you check in. Like dorms, it will spawn the same number of tourists (or tourist families, I'm not sure) as the number of vacant hotel rooms. So if the new hotel is bigger than the last one, the game will spawn some more to fill up the rooms.

I notice the game sort of pausing up for a couple seconds every now and then- weird, it wasn't doing that before...
It's normal, the game freezes whenever a new NPC/townie is spawned.

I finally get suspicious and check out the N001 Characters folder to see just how many townies it's spawned. Somehow, I'd jumped from 102 sims (at least that ACR gave tokens to), to 309. Weirder- here and there, there's a 1 KB character file named normally, and one right next to it that's the same number plus .1 (see subject), and normally sized.
It is a known issue with some NPCs like nannies or servers, especially when you have changed their appearance.
Pescado recommends this:
If you see files of that form, delete the smaller of the offending ones and remove the .1 from the filename if it was the larger one.

adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 14, 14:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This whole discussion prompted me to check my own folders and found several .bak files of users.  Is that normal, is that ok?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 14, 14:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you been editing things in SimPE? If so, yes, perfectly normal. You can change options in SimPE not to create those backup files.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 14, 14:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This whole discussion prompted me to check my own folders and found several .bak files of users.  Is that normal, is that ok?
Normal, if you've edited them in SimPE. Zazazu beat me to the punch. But if they're old and you have other backups, it should be safe to delete them.

I remember posting about the 1KB .1 character files a long time ago. This is a normal result of using couple Pescado hacks that modify NPC BHAVs. lobonanny and restaurantbarfix are two I know of. I see the .1 files for nannies, bartenders, and perhaps a couple other NPC types.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 14, 16:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whew! Glad to know it's not a BFBVFS. (And I'm putting the notownierespawn hack back in next time I go on vacation- the guests carry over to the other two vacation destinations, right?)

Edit, now that I thought about it: Has anyone else had Bigfoot's hair and beard show up on a randomized Sim in Bodyshop?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 14, 17:00:12 by Insanity Prelude » Logged
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 14, 21:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit, now that I thought about it: Has anyone else had Bigfoot's hair and beard show up on a randomized Sim in Bodyshop?
Yes to the beard, and it freaked me out! I quit and reloaded, and it was fine.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 14, 22:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Bigfoot hair and beard showing on sims in the CAS bin. After making sure my meshes and hairs were correct and no orphans hanging around, it still continued. After Free Time was installed, I no longer have the problem.
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 14, 23:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can read more about the *.1.package files in this thread and this thread.  The Bigfoot issue was discussed in this thread.

But most of the relevant information from those threads has already been provided by the helpful people who already replied here.   Smiley
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 15, 03:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After Free Time was installed, I no longer have the problem.

I have FT though, and this is the first time I've seen that.

I'll go check out the thread about it. Thanks, Angie.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: