More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 01:01:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  community lot need old fashionned Victorian wall phone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: community lot need old fashionned Victorian wall phone  (Read 9420 times)
daisylee
community lot need old fashionned Victorian wall phone
« on: 2006 August 11, 04:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like many of us I make old style lots and the blue, bright, UGLY modern community lot phone looks like u-know-what on those lots.

I really need a phone for the community lots that will work for these old style lots, like a wall mounted Victorian style phone, for example. Something, anything......please!

Any help will be appreciated.
 Smiley

(This is my first post here, so if in the wrong place I apologize. )
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: community lot need old fashionned Victorian wall phone
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 11, 13:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I'll be able to help you much, the only old-fashioned phone I have in my downloads is the Numenor_Retroville_PayPhone, which I got from MTS2. Just search for Numenor in the Downloads section, you should have no trouble finding him. Its a 50's style wall-phone, sorry, thats as old as I can find. I'm not sure it works as a outside phone replacement in commercial/community lots though. I have just started to really play OFB, and I have a lot to find out myself yet.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 11, 21:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a really good look and I can't find anything either.  There are some recolours at MTS2 http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=157301 which could be marginally better in that they're not bright blue.  You could try posting in the 'where can I find ...' section of sims2community http://www.sims2community.com/ - I've had quite a bit of luck finding things that way.  My only other suggestion would be to build a booth of some sort around it.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 11, 23:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, build a booth around it - I know I had some Dr. Who style phone booths that worked like that - were built around the community phone (rather than deleting it). My computer crashed and I lost everything so I don't know where I got them nor even have the bookmarks for the sites anymore :( From some theme list, I think.

These aren't what I had but are similiar. But they're from TSR so pay (or wait til they go in the free rotation):

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/downloads/sims2/sets?ID=161980

Maybe someone else has some like that.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 12, 12:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Replacing the only blue phonebooth will upset the game's detection of community lots. Don't do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 12, 21:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Replacing the only blue phonebooth will upset the game's detection of community lots. Don't do that.
Put something on top of it to cover it up in stead.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 13, 04:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, never remove it.  I hope you find something to replace the blue phone for looks, pictures, stories, etc., but it is a bad idea to remove it outright. As everyone else said, just cover it over. Goodness, I remember when everyone on the BBS was on the mailbox removal kick so they wouldn't get anymore bills. Needless to say, their game became royally screwed. A nice big BFBVS.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 13, 11:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Blue Phone may be buried, but you should never remove all of the Blue Phones or the Trashcans.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 13, 13:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recolouring should be ok though, right?

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 13, 13:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recolouring should be ok though, right?
I see no reason why it wouldn't, recoloring does not change the original object at all. Note that the Blue Phone and Community Trashcan may be moved anywhere on your lot you wish it to be, but the Mailbox may not be moved off the strip, and the residential trashcan, while moveable, should not be located too far away from the mailbox.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 13, 13:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off the strip? Where are the strip's boundaries?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 13, 14:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off the strip? Where are the strip's boundaries?
The residential mailbox must always be in the strip between the road and the sidewalk, always facing the road, and somewhere preferrably within the middle third of the map. Moving it beyond that will cause funny things to happen to your game.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 13, 14:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops.

*kutto runs off to put the mailbox back
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 13, 21:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Avalikia points and laughs at kutto.
I downloaded a decoration from somewhere that looks exactly like the Maxis mailbox so that I can make my appartments and other "combined" lots look more realistic.  The mailman only uses the real one, but it looks nice.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 14, 11:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The residential mailbox must always be in the strip between the road and the sidewalk, always facing the road, and somewhere preferrably within the middle third of the map. Moving it beyond that will cause funny things to happen to your game.

How exactly will this create problems? I NEVER leave the mail box on 'the strip', I always move it next to the frontdoor. But I've not seen any problems because of this....

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 14, 16:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How exactly will this create problems? I NEVER leave the mail box on 'the strip', I always move it next to the frontdoor. But I've not seen any problems because of this....
The Mailbox is used to identify the roadway and "near outdoors" by many pieces of code. One obvious artifact of moving the mailbox is that the cutscene taxis will end up in your front yard and crash through your house, an obvious sign that something is going wrong inside.

Put the mailbox back, or don't blame me when your game goes wrong.

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 14, 16:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm, I don't have those cutscenes anyway, and never travel to other lots, so I think I'll take the risk.

gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 15, 15:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an old fashion community lot phone on TSR. It was just put up today by NewSimSimGirl.It is called the Coffin Telephone.http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/meshes
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 16, 00:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are are people always requesting these things here? Practaly the only "artsy" thing here is the fish pillows. Why do they think that hackers can make phones?

Or I could be totally wrong...
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 16, 01:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took this one as a "where can I find" rather than a mod request... it's not a recommendation board either (actually JM seems to sorta discourage that, he pretends we're all just here to discuss his mods ;) but where people congregate...

Unsouper
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 16, 01:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think she was asking anyone to make one - just if we'd seen one.

Edit - sorry sagana I posted at the same time.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 16, 02:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey no biggie, like minds at all. 'least I wasn't the only one that saw it that way :)

Unsouper
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 16, 06:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that "where can I find" board.  If you post anything there they're like "Do a search you stupid idiot".  Well, if I wanted to go looking for it, I wouldn't have posted a message there, would I?  If I ever make a Sims 2 forum it's gonna have a "Find it for me" board.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 16, 14:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about phones cloned from the community lot phone...where only the mesh is changed? If the coding is still all left in place shouldn't it still be fine?

And what's wrong with deleting the garbage cans? I do that all the time...   Shocked

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 17, 15:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually cloned the comm lot phone and just got rid of the silly bits of it.   I'm happy to offer my mesh if someone wants to use it either as is or as a total override.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: