More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 21:57:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE and Relationships
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE and Relationships  (Read 3804 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
SimPE and Relationships
« on: 2007 April 13, 22:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of sims that I have engaged, but I want to un-engage them. Is it safe to change this in SimPE? Basically, I need to get photographs of the proposal again, since the ones I have are horrible. If SimPE isn't the safest way to change this, is there an alternative, besides mucking with their relationship with boolprop?

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: SimPE and Relationships
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 13, 23:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InSim will do it quickly, if you're willing to download it and kill an innocent puppy. I haven't done it in SimPE in ages, and I don't recall if it works flawlessly.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 14, 00:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want are photographs, rather than wreaking havoc on your actual game, why not just extract the sims in Simsurgery, then create and reshoot the scene in a disposable hood?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 14, 04:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want are photographs, rather than wreaking havoc on your actual game, why not just extract the sims in Simsurgery, then create and reshoot the scene in a disposable hood?

That's actually what I have been doing, and while it's not that hard, it is a little time consuming. There's also the fact that some of the lots I use are not over there, so I'd have to do the upload with each if I need that particular setting. I thought if I could just play with those check boxes in SimPE and get the same result, it would be easier. Simpler, at the very least.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 14, 06:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually what I have been doing, and while it's not that hard, it is a little time consuming. There's also the fact that some of the lots I use are not over there, so I'd have to do the upload with each if I need that particular setting. I thought if I could just play with those check boxes in SimPE and get the same result, it would be easier. Simpler, at the very least.

Here's an idea. Disposable neighborhood = a copy of your real neighborhood. Clone the sims, make a copy of your Neighborhoods folder, install the clones into the copy of the neighborhood, take the pictures, and delete the neighborhood afterwards.

Doing things with InSim/SimPE may seem faster. The concern is that the sims will probably end up with double memories, unless you then clean those with SimPE... and editing memories can be a hassle. Plus who knows what sort of glitches could occur while you're messing around (so make a backup, right?). So it might not turn out to be any faster or easier after all.

Fail.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 14, 06:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably the safest thing to do. Ah well. Smiley Sometimes 'easier' isn't the best thing to do, especially when it could cause my neighborhood to become a BFBVFS. Since I don't have the first clue about how to change memories, it's better I stay away from that. And I've already tried your patience enough with the whole eye fiasco. Wink

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 14, 22:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, memories are one of the no-go area's until there is a Seasons version of SimPE produced.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 15, 00:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was me I'd back up the 'hood, warp their realationships with your weapon of choice (mine would be testing cheats), get the shots you want, nuke the 'hood, and restore the backup.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: