More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 16:40:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Secret Society Members in Clean Uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Secret Society Members in Clean Uni  (Read 3954 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Secret Society Members in Clean Uni
« on: 2007 May 23, 19:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently built a custom, clean neighbourhood, populated only with Bodyshop/CAS sims (NPCs were game generated as needed).  I attached a clean uni (La Tour Academie) and populated it with Bodyshop/CAS dormies.  There is one playable Sim in one dorm at present.  Uni population is probably about 25 Sims, including game generated NPCs (profs, kitchen staff, shop clerks, etc.).  Notownieregen and Nodormieregen are installed, as is Pescado's no SS respawn hack.

I've had the Sim visit all community lots, and he knows two SS members (identified on community lots by the black blazers).  He is best friends with both.  Thing is, I can not find a third SS member to trigger an abduction (I understand you need to be friends with 3 SS Sims for that).  On any community lot, the same 2 SS members keep showing up.  Once the same SS Sim showed up twice (beside herself), one version in SS blazer and the other in regular casual wear.

Is one of them a sort of ultra secret SS member who never wears a blazer?  Does the Sim need to make friends with everyone to find the needle in the haystack?  Or, is my game failing to designate an SS member?  Any help or theories would be appreciated.

Tribulatio proxima est
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Secret Society Members in Clean Uni
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 23, 19:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the exact same problem with the first sim I sent to Uni in my custom hood set up the same way. She was friends with most of the dormies (in her dorm anyway) before I gave up and cheated her into the SS and when I visited the lot the place was full of her friends. So I'm pretty sure there was only ever the two SS members until the game needed to generate more when I visited the lot. I hope your not too apposed to cheating because I think its the only way to fix it. I eventually gave up and used the college adjuster to join in Junior year, even in Pleasantview with Maxis dormies I managed to join by the end of freshman year when I didn't know who was in the SS already.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 23, 19:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you also have noredundancy? That could prevent enough secret society members from being generated in your Uni. Or even the nossrespawn might be causing it.

I think there's a hack somewhere that can dump a sim into the secret society for you. If you can find it, simply create a custom secret society member in UniCAS and then go and make friends with him using your playable sim. I have a feeling I saw it on the college adjuster, maybe... that's in TwoJeffs' section. Or maybe the InSIM does it, since it does everything else.

Fail.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 23, 20:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your game didn't spawn enough SS members (and I have no clue whether it did or not), this won't help.  However, what I've done sometimes is, after befriending one or two SS members, I'll invite them over and hope they ask to bring a friend.  When they do bring a friend, it's inevitably another SS member.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 23, 20:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you also have noredundancy? Or even the nossrespawn might be causing it.

I think there's a hack somewhere that can dump a sim into the secret society for you.  Or maybe the InSIM does it, since it does everything else.
Nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue.  I'll check to see if noredundancy is loaded (I think not, but I've been wrong before - I seem to go through a "I need it - I don't need it" cycle until I can't remember what's loaded).  I'll check out options in InSim, but may just resort to making one of the existing dormies an SS member in SimPE.  I can also check the dormies there to see if one of them is a stealth SS member (but from the previous posts, it looks like the game may just not be designating the proper number).

cheers.

Tribulatio proxima est
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 23, 20:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why you don't use mailbox in debug mode to give random SS tokens for YA.?Or you can ask move in one of your sim SS friend and
after that game must generate another one.In my game it was in this way.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 24, 06:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

antiredundancy doesn't prevent SSspawning.  There is a seperate hack that does that, and converts exsisting dormies into SS member in stead.
Basically, what you need to do is use some sort of cheat to add one sim (playable, or just a dummy sim for that purpose) to the SS, then go to the SS lot.  Once there, the full amount of Secret Society members will spawn/convert.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 24, 13:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is that I have never seen the SS lot yet, as I have only just started the neighbourhood and the Uni and have only one playable student there at present.

What I ended up doing last night was creating a new dormie in CAS and making him an ss member using InSim's education adjuster.  He's already met my playable Sim when he did a walkpast at the dorm, so hopefully when the relationship hits friend status, there will be an abduction in the normal way.

It would be fine to simply cheat and make my playable an SS member, but I wanted to do the whole abduction/induction process.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 24, 14:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use a cheat.  The college adjuster can do the job.  Just to set the game right.  You can use the college adjuster to remove the sim from the SS afterwards if you're uncomfortable with cheating.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 24, 15:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use a cheat.  The college adjuster can do the job.  Just to set the game right.  You can use the college adjuster to remove the sim from the SS afterwards if you're uncomfortable with cheating.

or make a temp sim in CAS and use that for your cheating to make the game spawn enough SS members, then make him a townie or something

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: