More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:47:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Yet another (different) Seasons crash
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yet another (different) Seasons crash  (Read 2966 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Yet another (different) Seasons crash
« on: 2007 March 06, 09:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing Seasons without problems for almost a week now, switching between 4-5 families.

Now I wanted to play some of the other families I haven't played since installing. The lot starts to load, then loads for a long time, and suddenly the game just terminates itself. No error messages, no "application has crashed" -messages, nothing. What the heck can this be?

Taking out the downloads folder didn't help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Yet another (different) Seasons crash
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 08, 01:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cellphones? Cellphones are a traditional culprit for random errors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 10, 01:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that's possible.. I almost never use them since they are dangerous and annoying, but I did have one sim have one just to test it. He lives on one of the borked lots. About the other lot I don't think there are cellphones, but I can't be sure.

I searched the forum and found guidance to remove autoyak/phonehack and try loading the lot with a cellphonerst.package installed, none of which worked.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 10, 02:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I maybe able to help, I had this problem too and discovered that if you go to an unborked family and invite the family that are crashing over the game seems to ‘see' them and then after they have gone home you may be able to get into the house.

I also had a camera hack in before OFB that allows me to view the whole NH, one of my families live up on a hill that the game can't see without the hack. I had to update the hack and invite the family to another house before I could enter the Hillrise lot. I do this every time I install a new EP now and so far it has worked.

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 10, 03:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks, I'll try that. So I have to invite over the whole household with the phone? Individual members have visited my other lots already.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: