More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 20:43:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  adults going to school
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: adults going to school  (Read 4368 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
adults going to school
« on: 2006 January 16, 18:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a funny bug in my game, adults with a car in the household can go to school with it Wink
They have the options to go to work AND go to school. When I send them to school, they act like teenagers, returning at 1 o'clock. They even bring homework, but it's not clickable and disappears after a while. And they had this dialog box and earned a skill point.

This seems to be a harmless thing, possibly a hack conflict or something.. I just think it's funny Smiley
Has anyone else had this?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: adults going to school
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 16, 18:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, never had it or heard of it.  Do you have Inteenimator?
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 16, 18:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, I have the latest version of it.
and tons of other mods..
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 16, 19:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason I asked is because it is designed to enhance teen life so as to simulate some aspects of adult life, from the posts I've read here about (and the RTFM for that mod itself).  I don't have it, but it sort of sounds like this is perhaps a conflict with that mod and another one you have.

Have you tried removing some hacks to test to see if any conflict?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 16, 19:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like what happens to teens near the end of their teen years when using Inteen. Read Jase's documentation and it explains all this.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 17, 01:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a side effect of the Bad Townie bug (see the documentation for symptoms and instructions on how to fix it).  The bug causes InTeen to think the adult is a pregnant teenager and if you have the back to school flavor pak installed, it will allow adults affected by this bug to go to school.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 17, 01:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this option too and I have Inteen.   Before it was updated, I had adults actually go to school (they were more or less forced onto the bus), but now they just have the option and I've never clicked it.  I'd actually like to see something made of this, so the adults could go to evening classes and maybe study for a degree if they didn't make it to Uni.  I know a lot of people would like to see this option in the game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 17, 02:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're on to something Ancient. That would be an interesting option -Night School. It's been awhile but I know it's been talked about. I don't know if anyone has looked into it seriously, though.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 17, 12:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be a great addition to the game.  OK, I know we can add the want slots easy enough, but I'd much rather do it properly in-game if I could.  After a while the game becomes very tedious if everything is too easy, I prefer to work for things if it's possible.  I'd really like this option in the game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 17, 13:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient that is a great idea!  My hubby has been going to school for many years to finish his Masters degree.  He works during the day, goes to school at night.  Sometimes it is just one night a week for several hours, but there have been two or three times a week classes that lasted an hour each.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: