More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:55:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't buy/place objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't buy/place objects  (Read 2489 times)
brat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't buy/place objects
« on: 2006 September 30, 01:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what I've done, but I am having some very weird problems. I can't get anything in buy/build mode. I can click on the objects, but when I move the mouse all it shows is the "hand". It does not show the object. Also, in neighborhood view, when I hover over a house it does not show any information. It only shows the arrow - no family name, lot info, etc. I have removed my downloads folder but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks,
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Can't buy/place objects
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 30, 03:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be the corruption of some file.  Have you tried deleting your groups.cache file?

I had a similar issue when suddenly my Sims could not change their appearance; the makeup, hair, etc. were missing.  Had to do a complete reinstall of the base game, all EPs, and patches.  That corrected it. 

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 30, 04:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the hover - I don't know.

But I had similar experience with the buy/build mode, when I clicked on an object, and saw just a hand, without the object.

The object that you can't put in the lot doesn't belong to that EP - it was done with more advanced EP. For instance - you play NL, and downloaded a bed, which was done with OFB tools, i.e., you need to play OFB, to make this object available.

In TS1 I played Unleashed, and made some kitchen sets with the T-Mog. After a while I was tired of Unleashed, and installed only Hot Date, but all the kitchen sets remained in the Downloads folder.
When I clicked on one of the kitchen objects in buy mode - I got only a hand, without the object.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 30, 08:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Special cursor programs for Windows can break the cursor in TS2, also.

brat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 30, 18:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I let the game regenerate a new sims 2 folder and now everything seems to be fine. I still don't know what the problem was, though. Thanks for your replies.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: