More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:10:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Servo wants a ride home?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo wants a ride home?  (Read 2545 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Servo wants a ride home?
« on: 2006 September 03, 20:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the following situation in my game today:  Husband and wife and the family Servo take a taxi to visit the wife's business.  BRU is installed, everything was running smoothly, so I decided to take a break for a few minutes and leave the game running, to see if they could get to the next level without my intervention.

I came back about 15 minutes later to find the servo trying to call a cab from the community lot pay phone.  The "Where do you want to go?  Home/Community Lot" message was displayed.  I cancelled it.  He immediately tried to call the taxi again.  So after a little while I relented and sent them all home.

I had no idea that Sims could autonomously summon a taxi.  Maybe the servo was bored, or just lonely?  I'd had him on Skillinator...Floristry for quite a while, and his social was in the red, but all his other stats were fine.  He doesn't have a cell phone (I don't give cell phones to servos).  Has anybody else seen this?

Karen
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Servo wants a ride home?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 03, 20:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but that sounds pretty funny -- I'll have to try that some time and see if I can get it to happen. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 03, 21:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the call friends macro sent him to that phone...  and because it was a different phone, instead of the call people option, he got the call taxi option...  just a theory, no idea if it could be the case, you would need to ask El Presidente.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 03, 21:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the call friends macro sent him to that phone...  and because it was a different phone, instead of the call people option, he got the call taxi option...

Could be.  There's no regular phone on that particular lot.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 04, 01:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. Will throw in check for community phone in AutoYak to make sure that it doesn't see that phone as a valid phone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 04, 03:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a strange phone one recently too. I entered the Smith lot and the phone notice came up saying "do you want to invite Johnny over" As the active sim was a toddler, his baby sister born after he left for Uni I thought it odd, and hit yes, The next message was to the effect that Johnny was busy and couldn't come now. I checked the other sims in the house and they were asleep, so no one was on the phone  Huh

I have noticed one or two other odd things, mostly to do with the Nanny. In another thread we have decided to blame the latest patch for those.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 04, 10:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I entered the Smith lot and the phone notice came up saying "do you want to invite Johnny over"

That message can also appear if someone is chatting with someone they know on the computer.  Usually when you finish the conversation and tell them to do something else.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: