More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 13:35:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  This Sorority is Cursed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This Sorority is Cursed  (Read 6494 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
This Sorority is Cursed
« on: 2006 August 22, 05:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot problem after lot problem.  The first lot had the stuck move-out bug and I finally had to get rid of it, the second, aside from being one of those nice to look at but inconvenient to play lots was riddled with the jump bug.  Now the third lot I have moved this sorority into gets occassional jump-bugging as well as no automatic reminder to go to class, even though they are in good moods.  I have a frat in the same college hood and that one has had NO problems and it can't be individual Sims because many have come and gone.  Is it just bad luck or is there some sort of misogynist game glitch for Uni Sims?   Huh

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: This Sorority is Cursed
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 22, 05:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad luck, I think. What errors are you getting? The jump bug normally produces error logs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 22, 13:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot problem after lot problem.  The first lot had the stuck move-out bug and I finally had to get rid of it...

FYI, Pescado's Lot Debugger includes a control to fix the stuck move-out bug (and a whole bunch of other annoyances).  Might be worth it to install it on the problem lot and let it do its fixes to it (i.e., force errors on everything) to see if that clears things up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 22, 14:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Inteen? If you do, you often lose the 'go to class' warnings and upcoming warnings for finals. They have a hotfix called "Go to Class notification" that you can download to fix the problem.

If you don't have Inteen, then I don't know what your problem is. Sorry.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 22, 18:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 23, 02:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the Lot Debugger for a while and used it many times on the sorority (the first lot) and it never worked.  I finally just gave up and dumped the lot.  I also tried to force an error and every object and then all of my photos taken with the camera reward object started flashing blue so I won't attempt that again.

I do have the Inteen, something I'm regretting more and more each day because it's causing more problems than it seems to be worth, which is basically my perverse fascination with miscarriages.  I will go and download the hotfix from the site and see if that helps any.

I should have written down what the debugging log said when the errors popped up.  Something about a tree...  I will go back and see.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 23, 03:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing about InTeen is that, it seems most of the problems people have are due to not RTFMing. Tongue We get a lot of complaints/reports of 'errors' that are actually part of the features of InTeen. That's not to say there aren't legitimate bugs that pop up, but I think what boggles people's brains here is that... when 90% of the time, people who have problems that are using InTeen report their problems, it turns out to be InTeen related and we have to wonder why these InTeen users aren't searching for solutions or bringing up their problems over on the appropriate forum.

In general, you should check back often with the creators of your mods to make sure you have the most up to date version or the correct version compatible with your EPs configuration. With a large hack like InTeen, it would behoove you to check back often for hotfixes.

As for the error logs... if you haven't cleaned out your Logs folder, and I don't think the game ever automatically cleans this up for you, then they should still be located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs

Assuming you use WinXP. USERNAME should obviously be the USERNAME of the account that you play TS2 on. Error logs will have a name like ObjectError_N###_t######.txt

Where N### is the number/name of your neighborhood. N001 is typically Pleasantview, etc. unless you deleted those and use custom 'hoods. Look in the Logs folder, sort by Date Modified, and hopefully the relevant log will be the most recent one. Once you find your error log(s) you can post it here as an attachment for Pescado or others to inspect. It is helpful to post the entire log as a .txt attachment. Do not copy and paste the log into the body of the post and do not bother archiving/zipping it up.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 August 24, 07:15:29 by syberspunk » Logged

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 23, 07:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Inteen? If you do, you often lose the 'go to class' warnings and upcoming warnings for finals. They have a hotfix called "Go to Class notification" that you can download to fix the problem.

If you don't have Inteen, then I don't know what your problem is. Sorry.

I think that was a pre-NL patch problem and I have the OfB version installed.  And this problem (the no notification) only started when I moved into this particular lot and it is the only lot that exhibits this problem.  So I'm guessing it's yet another isolated lot issue that just happened to strike a household that has had two previous isolated lot issues.  Sad
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 23, 11:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I forgot about this because it happened so long ago. I have an area in the University neighborhood that has a problem. Any lot that I put in that area didn't work right. I finally moved all my lots out of there, then put a large empty lot in their place so I don't build there in the future. I wonder if you have a similar problem? My lots have been fine since I moved them.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 23, 17:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have they also lost the ability to throw parties? I think there is something fundamentally problematic about greek houses; they often get weird bugs. My legacy greek house is on its 4th incarnation because of these issues, and yes, I use the lot debugger.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 24, 01:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I forgot about this because it happened so long ago. I have an area in the University neighborhood that has a problem. Any lot that I put in that area didn't work right. I finally moved all my lots out of there, then put a large empty lot in their place so I don't build there in the future. I wonder if you have a similar problem? My lots have been fine since I moved them.

Hmm, that could be it.  I have been putting each lot in the same spot.  (It's on top of a hill, I like view).  I'll try that.  They can still throw parties.  The only problem now (so fars as I know) is the jumping and the no notification.

I'll move the lot and see if that helps any.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 24, 06:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have a hotfix called "Go to Class notification" that you can download to fix the problem.
That was a separate mod that I released shortly after Nightlife (having nothing to do with InTeen).  Maxis broke the Go To Class notifications and I provided a temporary fix to the problem.  The bug was later fixed by Maxis in a subsequent Nightlife patch, and to my knowledge, has not been an issue since.  Unless you're running an older version of Nightlife, most people should not have this problem anymore - obviating the need for this hotfix (which has since been deprecated).

If you can follow Syberspunk's advice and attach a log file, it will be alot easier to diagnose the jump bugs.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 24, 13:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I have to still use the 'Go to Class Notification Fix'. I updated and patched everything awhile back and pulled the fix from my folder thinking it wasn't needed anymore. But I lost notification again. So some of us are still dependent on the fix and appreciate you fixing that annoying bug. Sorry I attributed the bug to Inteen. And please don't pull the fix.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 24, 15:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. I've got a Greek House that's been through about 20 sims so far (all my sims join so I can play them through college from the same location) and I've never had any problems with it. If it means anything, the terrain is flat where it's at. (Using Academy Le Tour)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: