More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 13:16:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FREE Car download! And this one actually looks GOOD!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FREE Car download! And this one actually looks GOOD!  (Read 25203 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: FREE Car download! And this one actually looks GOOD!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 18, 22:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

puta sauce???
oy.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 18, 23:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, the whores used to make that spicy sauce. Or so the Italians say. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 19, 00:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is indeed the story rumoured to be the origin of the spaghetti alla puttanesca.

And punto means, yes, point. No allusions, unless I'm tremendously naive.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 19, 03:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's comfort: 7, Energy: 2, Fun: 6. The stats are not as high as the sportscar, but higher than the rest. The cost is 7, 500 simoleans. Again, not as high as the sportscar but higher than the rest.

Well, considering all the other cars cost about 1/10 in Simoleons what they would cost in dollars, this car should price out at about §1,500, with comparable stats.  But having more realistic stats wouldn't have brought in the licencing dollars from Fiat.

Amen to having classic cars.  I haven't heard of the Sunbeam Tiger in years.  The '67 Mustang looked good, especially in the Shelby versions.  At least the sports car looks enough like the new Ford GT that I smile when I see it.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 19, 04:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That car looks like something a middle aged soccer mom would drive.  I wanna horse drawn hearse waa! Cry

Off topic for just a sec, but bippy, whose the hottie in your avatar??

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 19, 07:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myrddin:  "Punto" kinda puts me in mind of British slang "punter" and a couple of Spanish/Italian words I won't mention.  The best example of a car model name that didn't work everywhere was the Chevy Nova:  Spanish for Won't Go.  They seemed awfully cheap at the time, but today they look absolutely beautiful, expecially with a big engine. Smiley

Well...allow me to disagree... A couple of years ago there was a certain Japanese owned car company that wanted to launch a new car model in the Scandinavian countries. It was called the Fitta.  Roll Eyes Shocked
Fortunately the president of the company found out before launch that it means the "c" word in Norwegian and Swedish.

Very funny to read their already printed brochures: Small on the outside and big on the inside! Oy... Roll Eyes

INTJ
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 19, 09:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best example of a car model name that didn't work everywhere was the Chevy Nova:  Spanish for Won't Go. 

We have big SUVs called Pajeros. I believe 'Pajero' in Mexican means wanker. That's the urban myth round these parts anyway.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 19, 09:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best example of a car model name that didn't work everywhere was the Chevy Nova:  Spanish for Won't Go. 

We have big SUVs called Pajeros. I believe 'Pajero' in Mexican means wanker. That's the urban myth round these parts anyway.

Ah, I knew I had heard about this before! Seat had to change the name of their Malaga model in Greece for the same reason (sounds awfully similar to malakas, the second most common name in Greece after Giannis, hehe. Eh, not really, it actually means wanker, but it's so extensively used most foreigners think it's actually a name!). This was way before Seat group was bought up by VAG and produced damn good cars for a change.

Let the Beast inside you free!
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 19, 09:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether it's true, but when I encounter one when I'm on my bicycle it's certainly a comforting thought Cheesy

Before the advent of the Pajero, we used to call similar oversized 4WDs "hedgehogs" ...because they're full of pricks.

Drifting off topic a bit - what part of NZ are you from, Witch? (if that's not classified information)  I'm in Christchurch.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 19, 16:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That car looks like something a middle aged soccer mom would drive.  I wanna horse drawn hearse waa! Cry

I bought it last night for one of my sims and it doesn't look anything like that because it's way too small.  It looks more like something Dad would use for commuting.  Although I think in-game the blue color is way too intense I still think it's cute. Wink

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 19, 17:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought it last night for one of my sims and it doesn't look anything like that because it's way too small.  It looks more like something Dad would use for commuting.  Although I think in-game the blue color is way too intense I still think it's cute. Wink
Well, you know, it's funny because it really doesn't matter how big or small the vehicle is because they can still squeeze 8 sims in it!  Kinda like the clowns in the circus all squeezing into that little car. If you watch closely, you'll see that each sim disappears when the next sim goes to get in.   Shocked

That makes me think of something...How many Sims would fit on the head of a needle?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 20, 04:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before the advent of the Pajero, we used to call similar oversized 4WDs "hedgehogs" ...because they're full of pricks.

Love it! and so true. Smiley I saw an article a couple of years ago in the Listener (magazine), about the psychological profile of 4WD drivers, apparently there is a tendency for people who feel insecure to choose this type of vehicle. The 4WD drivers here are mostly aggressive and rude. If one hits a car, the 4WD passengers will most probably be alright, the car passengers will most likely die. Trouble is 4WDs are like driving a small truck and often the people who purchase them don't drive (or park) particularly well. I like playing with them, lose them on the corners and watch how long it takes them to catch up on the straights.

Mostly though they just piss me off. The headlights are at exactly the right height to shine directly in the eyes of car drivers, they block visibility on the roads and at traffic lights. Usually they contain only one or two people and often they're just used locally. i.e. one person undertaking the huge .5 kilometre trek to the supermarket on fully paved roads. AA - the motoring AA - says only about 9% of 4WDs are actually used off road. 

Since petrol prices went up drastically apparently they're not nearly so popular. Snicker, chortle.  Grin

Drifting off topic a bit - what part of NZ are you from, Witch? (if that's not classified information)  I'm in Christchurch.

Sunny Tauranga. Although they've just told us we can expect about 150ml of rain in the next few hours. Mind you, I was told that by someone sitting in the busstop so I don't know how true it is. Wink It's certainly persisting down at the moment. I have spent time in ChCh, when I lived in Dunedin for 10-15 years. Beautiful city. Smiley

FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 20, 05:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sunny Tauranga. Although they've just told us we can expect about 150ml of rain in the next few hours. Mind you, I was told that by someone sitting in the busstop so I don't know how true it is. Wink It's certainly persisting down at the moment. I have spent time in ChCh, when I lived in Dunedin for 10-15 years. Beautiful city. Smiley

I'm surprised anyone actually admits to being from Tauranga - aren't you scared people will start hitting you with big sticks and blaming you for Winston Peters? Wink   (Although I suppose you can at least now say that you did your best to get rid of him!)

Actually, I don't really know Tauranga at all - I've only visited there once, as a child (more years ago than I care to remember!) on a family trip round the North Island.  I'm afraid it left a bad impression on me, mainly because we stayed the night with relatives who were very religious, and had one of those perfect houses where you're afraid to breathe, so all I remember of the visit was getting told off all the time for henious crimes like starting to eat before grace was said, and not washing my hands often enough.  Oh, and they took us to a park that had "keep off the grass" signs everywhere (which seemed like the ultimate in evil to a child wanting to run around and have fun after attempting to be on best behaviour at the relatives' house!).  But I'm sure it's really a lovely city! Wink

I like Christchurch - it is just big enough to have a bit of "culcha", without having a big city feel.  I was born in Dunedin, and it still feels a bit like home to me, although I don't think I'd want to actually live there - it's just a bit too far from everything (and *way* too hilly!).
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 20, 06:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The headlights are at exactly the right height to shine directly in the eyes of car drivers, they block visibility on the roads and at traffic lights.

It's not just that the lights are at the right height, these people never turn their headlights off of high beam.  I wasn't sure this was the case until one day I was driving in fog and the headlights of all the pickup trucks on the road were shining UP... the pattern made by high beam lights.  They were driving with lights on bright even in heavy fog.  The only dim bulbs involved were driving the vehicles.

I've been on a crusade against vehicles that block visibility ever since I started driving.  Not that it helps. 

I really don't mind paying $3.00 a gallon for gas as long as it screws the people in the oversized vehicles even more than it does me. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 20, 07:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised anyone actually admits to being from Tauranga - aren't you scared people will start hitting you with big sticks and blaming you for Winston Peters?

Last time I went to Wellington (our capital city) - about a year ago - I had to apologise to three separate taxi drivers for Winston Peters.  Roll Eyes  Now we've swopped a drunken fool for a grinning idiot who keeps clutching his genitals on nationwide television.

I really don't mind paying $3.00 a gallon for gas as long as it screws the people in the oversized vehicles even more than it does me. 
Cheesy Same, even though it's $1.50 a litre here.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 20, 15:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now we've swopped a drunken fool for a grinning idiot who keeps clutching his genitals on nationwide television.
You're kidding?  Are you sure it's not Michael Jackson in disguise??
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 20, 16:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The headlights are at exactly the right height to shine directly in the eyes of car drivers, they block visibility on the roads and at traffic lights.

It's not just that the lights are at the right height, these people never turn their headlights off of high beam.  I wasn't sure this was the case until one day I was driving in fog and the headlights of all the pickup trucks on the road were shining UP... the pattern made by high beam lights.  They were driving with lights on bright even in heavy fog.  The only dim bulbs involved were driving the vehicles.

I've been on a crusade against vehicles that block visibility ever since I started driving.  Not that it helps. 

Hook

I had to laugh when I read that because over the last few months I have been thinking the exact same thing. I drive a compact car because it was affordable and gets good gas mileage. I am often blinded by the lights of an oncoming or worse yet, directly behind me, SUV. Not to mention the HUGE attitiude that apparently comes factory installed along with the SUV itself. For someone in a smaller car the drivers seem to exhibit a "move or I'll run you over" attitude. I also have to admit that during our quite snowy winters, I get a chuckle over the amount of these vehicles I see slid off on the side of the road because their owners are under the impression that having a 4WD somehow makes it easier for them to STOP as easily on the snow as they would on pavement. God forbid they should have to actually SLOW DOWN in deference to the actual driving conditions.  Shocked

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 20, 22:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have to admit that during our quite snowy winters, I get a chuckle over the amount of these vehicles I see slid off on the side of the road because their owners are under the impression that having a 4WD somehow makes it easier for them to STOP as easily on the snow as they would on pavement. God forbid they should have to actually SLOW DOWN in deference to the actual driving conditions.  Shocked

Heh heh heh. Physics. Aren't people who don't understand momentum great? Especially when they're also clueless about friction. And about how hot, heavy objects tend to compress snow into ice.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 21, 03:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and inertia. The bigger the object - or the more 'mass'ive I suppose - the more inertia. That's why the big SUVs look funny on the corners too.  Cheesy

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 22, 07:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We live in the north and love SUVs... particularly in the winter.
Driving home in a blinding snowstorm after a weekend away, we were driving rather slowly for the highway, though quite the perfect speed for the weather (in a line of several vehicles taking the same precaution). Several SUVs and shiny big trucks went zooming past like they were king of the road. Many felt compelled to peer into our vehicles smiling smugly, or try to make us feel stupid for being careful. Whatever.
We enjoyed pointing and laughing when we saw the same cool guys on the side of the highway with cell phones and their their big manly trucks in the ditch. Literally 11 of them in a 200km trip.
Don't get me wrong, I love trucks, but something about a shiny 4x4 on the highway seems to make a lot of guys feel like the only bull in the field...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 23, 00:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get me wrong, I love trucks, but something about a shiny 4x4 on the highway seems to make a lot of guys feel like the only bull in the field...
I seem to remember something about men and the size of their cars making up for a lack in other areas...
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 26, 11:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes me think of something...How many Sims would fit on the head of a needle?
Needles don't have heads. Pins have heads.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 26, 15:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Needles don't have heads. Pins have heads.

Whatever. Tongue  I couldn't remember exactly how it went.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 29, 15:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 now have a driveable Harley!  I for one am going to give it a try!

And out of interest, do cars have to stay loose in the Downloads folder, or can you put them in a folder called Cars?
« Last Edit: 2005 October 29, 19:39:42 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 29, 19:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember something about men and the size of their cars making up for a lack in other areas...

Hey, my sister drove a Renegade for 20 odd years!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: