The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here

<< < (394/667) > >>

YoungOldPrude:
Quote from: Capitaine Marie on 2012 January 28, 08:16:53

Quote from: kissing_toast on 2012 January 28, 06:55:57

OK. Figured it out, I think. This file contains the old SB and FOY fix, which is really just the objects as packages with a merged BUFF file. But, I've added my BUFF file and my spoon and needle to it as well. This Should work. All you need is this file and the objects installed. Fingers crossed.

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

No. The new fix does not include the FOY or the SB. Install those files (and the Magic set) as you normally would, then add the fix.

nahcujam:
With the fix, Everything works fine with animation and moodlets now... and the needle and laddle.

Menaceman:
Just to add, in case people aren't aware, it states on the official website that with this new magic set, the spellbook should receive new playability with the option to "enchant" these new objects for extra/different effects.
Can't try this myself though as I don't have the magic book and have no intention of getting it.

Painkiller:
Quote from: Menaceman on 2012 January 28, 11:43:07

Just to add, in case people aren't aware, it states on the official website that with this new magic set, the spellbook should receive new playability with the option to "enchant" these new objects for extra/different effects.
Can't try this myself though as I don't have the magic book and have no intention of getting it.

I tried it yesterday on the crystal ball, it's the same thing than with the spellbook. The item looks like when it is in use but without any sim using it. Only useful for pretty pics I guess.

kissing_toast, your magic fix posted yesterday works perfectly. I used the previously posted here Spellbook&FOY merged package, your uncrapped accessories and put the fix in the override folder (only for easier maintenance). My sim was able to learn a new spell, get younger one day, torture a sim with the doll and recieved a present in her mailbox from the crystal ball. Everything had perfectly working moodlets and FXs. The only thing I didn't test is the cauldron.

kissing_toast:
Quote from: jaldeer on 2012 January 28, 07:10:28

I'll try it out & report if my spellbook has it's animations.  I'm certain my fountain has been working like it should and the ladle showed up on the cauldron & the voodoo doll I think was working properly.  I know I saw the needle.  

Edit:  This is weird.  I put your fix in, went to a house that already had the spellbook on the lot and the animations showed up, but, I noticed it was gone from buy mode (it's supposed to be in miscellaneous entertainment).  I know it was there before.  Weird.

This is happening to you because you're using a legit copy of the book. The "fix" includes non decrapped package versions of the SB(what you have) and FOY. To avoid doubles in the catalogue I set them to not show up. I'll make a version that they show up in later today, or you can do so yourself with S3PE, it only takes a second. You should be able to fix it by deleting the OBJD file for the spell book, there's only two of those in the package so it's easy to find, one's for the FOY one's for the SB.   

Quote from: Capitaine Marie on 2012 January 28, 08:16:53

Quote from: kissing_toast on 2012 January 28, 06:55:57

OK. Figured it out, I think. This file contains the old SB and FOY fix, which is really just the objects as packages with a merged BUFF file. But, I've added my BUFF file and my spoon and needle to it as well. This Should work. All you need is this file and the objects installed. Fingers crossed.

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

You need them all installed aside from the "fix" as decrapped sim3packs, I only say that because that's how I have it installed so that's the only way I can say for sure that it works. As for the enchant thing, the only thing I've noticed it do is add the flying ghost effect to the other objects. No clue as to whether it actually does anything though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page