More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 13:44:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  GRRRR...Now my downtown lots hang on loading
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: GRRRR...Now my downtown lots hang on loading  (Read 4365 times)
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
GRRRR...Now my downtown lots hang on loading
« on: 2005 November 11, 15:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi kids...
I think I am doomed...I've finally decided to play around more with NightLife after having a whole bunch of issues and having to reinstall, and now I suddenly can't enter any of my downtown lots...
They look like they're loading just fine, and they don't crash, but once the loading bar has finished, it just hangs there and hangs and hangs and...ok, you likely get the point..
Does anyone know why this might be, or has anyone had similar troubles?  This is a Maxis made lot with absolutely no custom content....Usually if I have a conflicting game object in my game, the lots will just crash in the midst of loading anyway...not hang like this.  As I write this my game is still sitting, pretending it's loading my lot...and I am woefully staring at the spinning cursor...I've noticed that if you stare at the blue loading screen long enough, you start seeing things as though on an acid trip....it's lovely..
But back to the subject at hand...Can someone please advise? I'd be forever indebted.
Thanks so much.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: GRRRR...Now my downtown lots hang on loading
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 15:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok - first the BBS answer:

Do you have any hacks in your game?  Cheesy

Seriously, if you do, can you load the downtown lots without your download folder or does it still hang? Which lots are you trying to load? Certain lots have been more buggy than others (Lulu lounge and House of the fallen trees come to mind.)

Some people who were having problems with their lots were able to fix it by moving the lot to the lot bin, buldozing the original lot and then replacing the lot in the neighborhood. For some reason, putting it in and taking it out of the lot bin seemed to fix it.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 15:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange that you should mention LuLu Lounge...That's one of them.
But the other I've just had troubles with is the Hub..
As for whether or not they load with the hacks I have...I will try loading without them...
Unfortunately the damn thing is still loading, so I will have to force quit. lol
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 11, 15:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange that you should mention LuLu Lounge...That's one of them.
But the other I've just had troubles with is the Hub..
As for whether or not they load with the hacks I have...I will try loading without them...
Unfortunately the damn thing is still loading, so I will have to force quit. lol

Ha - there are three lots that everyone seems to have problems with. I always remember Lulu Lounge and House of the Fallen Trees and I can never remember the third. Guess what it is? That's right - the Hub. I know some people had downloaded a sofa (of all things) that was causing the House of the Fallen Trees to not load. Do you have one of JM's hacks that has to do with outdoor lighting? I know that one conflicted with some of the downtown lighting.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 15:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, it figures, eh?
No, I don't have the light hack, but I do have smartlights and radiance lighting...perhaps that is causing a conflict.  I really can't be sure, but I'm going to have to test it out and see if it works without them.
Thanks for replying so promptly, simmiecal...
Do you, by any chance, know which sofa it was that caused the conflict?  Or where the thread you read that on might be?
Thanks so much.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 16:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, it figures, eh?
No, I don't have the light hack, but I do have smartlights and radiance lighting...perhaps that is causing a conflict.  I really can't be sure, but I'm going to have to test it out and see if it works without them.
Thanks for replying so promptly, simmiecal...
Do you, by any chance, know which sofa it was that caused the conflict?  Or where the thread you read that on might be?
Thanks so much.

The thread was right here on MATY so maybe we can find it using the search function.

I suck with the search function, but....****goes off to try the search function.....****much swearing with frustration
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 11, 16:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have smartlights and radiance lighting

The smart light hack breaks the pool lights, ergo you won't be able to enter the lots until you remove the hack, go back into the game and remove the pool lights, and then replace the hack (if you want to replace it, that is).  I've been using the radiance lighting without the smart lights successfully.  It just gets a little dark at sunset. 
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 11, 16:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH, okay thanks Mokey!
Here's the link to the other thread that simmiecal was talking about in case anyone has this same issue.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1037.0
Thank you both, ever so kindly....Though I will miss the pretty blue loading screen. heehee
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 11, 16:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I found the thread I was looking for.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=933.0

Not sure if this will help you, but it was the thread I was referring to.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 11, 16:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH, okay thanks Mokey!
Here's the link to the other thread that simmiecal was talking about in case anyone has this same issue.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1037.0
Thank you both, ever so kindly....Though I will miss the pretty blue loading screen. heehee

Yeah, that's another one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: