More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 17:37:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unusual want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unusual want  (Read 7339 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Unusual want
« on: 2006 September 23, 09:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a male adult Popularity Sim roll a want to be "best friends with 5 Service Sims".  It's worth 15,000 aspiration points.  I'm sure I've never seen this one before.  Has anybody else?

The ironic thing is, he doesn't even know any service Sims.  I guess I'd better have him start chatting with the maid or something.....

Karen
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Unusual want
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 23, 09:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seen it before...  lots of times - it's fairly common.  Uni profs count as service sims, too.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 23, 10:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip, but I don't think it'll help me much, as I've pretty much stopped playing Uni.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 23, 10:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen romance sims who want to whoohoo 5 service sims quite a lot.
But if my memory serves me correctly I've only seen the best friend one once, but then I don't play popularity sims much.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 23, 10:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Service sims are: maid, gardener, mail sim, burglar (if you can Smiley), police man/woman, taxi driver, pizza deliver.

You can fire the maid after you are friend with her, and hire another (same for the gardener).

Once my sim invited a friend, and was asked if he can bring a friend with him. The invited sim brought with him  the taxi driver - it was the first time that I experienced that, lol.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 23, 11:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed expansions while some houses had the driver at their house. When I came back, and everything had been reset, she was standing next to the mailbox. She immediately left.  Tongue
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 23, 15:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also count the grocery delivery persons, exterminators, baristas, chefs, hosts and waiters as service sims. I'm pretty sure you can't interact with the taxi drivers so they don't count. Neither do the repo man, social worker, Crumplebottom or Grim.  Smiley

Gali-I think your game was glitched Cheesy

NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 23, 16:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once my sim invited a friend, and was asked if he can bring a friend with him. The invited sim brought with him  the taxi driver - it was the first time that I experienced that, lol.

Gali-I think your game was glitched Cheesy

I had a sim that was invited over bring the Taxi Driver with him once too. I couldn't do any interactions with him though. I was just a touch disappointed. (but not really cos he was an ugly SOB)

I've also had the want to be friends with 5 service sims the one time I had a popularity sim. When I eventually got round to playing a romance sim I  had the want to woohoo with 5 service sims too.

I prefer to play knowledge sims, so I don't see a lot of that.

Atom XX
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 23, 16:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've had the woohoo want too. I don't think you get the want to woohoo/be friends with any more than 5 though-usually I've fulfilled the LTW by then, so I change the aspiration Wink

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 23, 17:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some screwy wants and fears that don't show up much. I once had two sims roll up the "fear of not going to college" and it had a whopping -10000 as a penalty. I've only seen that one twice since getting Uni, and I haven't seen that fear at all since installing NL.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 23, 18:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some screwy wants and fears that don't show up much. I once had two sims roll up the "fear of not going to college" and it had a whopping -10000 as a penalty. I've only seen that one twice since getting Uni, and I haven't seen that fear at all since installing NL.

I hate that one, because there doesn't seem to be any way to clear it once it happens, short of manually re-rolling the wants.  You have a fear of "being uneducated", which is realized when you don't go to college, but the only way to fix it is to go to college, which you can't do because by the time you achieve this fear, you're an adult and it's too late.  So it will stay on the Fears panel forever unless you manually re-roll.

Karen
Sketch Elder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 23, 18:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More service Sims:
Newspaper delivery, bartenders, store clerks, repairmen, cheerleaders, mascots, streakers, coaches, matchmakers, DJs, and reporters.

Basically, this Want counts any Sim who isn't a townie or a playable.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 24, 13:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that one, because there doesn't seem to be any way to clear it once it happens, short of manually re-rolling the wants.  You have a fear of "being uneducated", which is realized when you don't go to college, but the only way to fix it is to go to college, which you can't do because by the time you achieve this fear, you're an adult and it's too late.  So it will stay on the Fears panel forever unless you manually re-roll.
High-end "power" wants and fears are often heavily weighted and will stick around even through rerolls because nothing else has sufficient weight to dislodge those. See the ever-persistent "Go To College" want which effectively gimps teens to 3 want slots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 24, 21:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen any service-Sim-related wants, but they'd be a nice change from the usual Popularity and Romance LTWs.

Would changing a Sim's LTW with SimPE result in a BFBVFS?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 24, 22:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt it, since the debugger can do it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 25, 03:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen any service-Sim-related wants, but they'd be a nice change from the usual Popularity and Romance LTWs.

I've seen the service-sim wants, but that's probably because I use the DMA Woohoo NPCs in my bordellos, so my romance sims (who are constant visitors Smiley ) eventually roll the 'woohoo 5 service sims' want.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 25, 06:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would changing a Sim's LTW with SimPE result in a BFBVFS?
Don't try this. SimPE's want editor does not do a "clean" job of editing wants, and you may not correctly set all of the values, resulting in garbage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 27, 17:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's a BFBVFS and how does SimPE's want editor cause this? I always play around with my sims wants on there, and it seems fine in-game. I even changed the fear of getting rejected for public woohoo into a want, reward aspiriation points...

KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 27, 17:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's a BFBVFS and how does SimPE's want editor cause this? I always play around with my sims wants on there, and it seems fine in-game. I even changed the fear of getting rejected for public woohoo into a want, reward aspiriation points...

Big Firey Ball Visible From Space.

And lots of things can cause it.  Basically, anytime TS2 encounters code it can't figure out how to cope with, you get one.

The only thing absolutely guaranteed not to cause a BFBVFS is the hacks you'll find here at MATY, and only when used as directed.  Wink

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 28, 04:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More strictly, a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space is when your neighborhood becomes mangled beyond your ability to repair. Mere errors and occasional hiccups, even the loss of a lot, do not constitute a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space. It only qualifies as a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space if your neighborhood has become unsalvageable, and entire families are lost. Losing irreplaceable neighborhood data, essentially wrecking the neighborhood, is what causes a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space. Deleting an SDNA and corrupting the DNA strings of the entire neighborhood would be a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, even though this is mostly your fault.

SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 28, 17:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Lol. I think I had one of them when somehow, I moved a lot from one neighbourhood to another and after playing that lot ALL my families were gone - even the neighbourhood data of the neighbourhood stories and the intro on the "choose neighbourhood" screen. Gah. Now I have a funky name for it Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: