More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 14:57:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Did Freetime do this to my game?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did Freetime do this to my game?!  (Read 11589 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Did Freetime do this to my game?!
« on: 2008 February 29, 09:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm a bit melodramtaic...(well I'm certainly am) but I can't seem to find the .../call all family members to dinner option anymore! This was such a lifesaver when playing big families!
If it's true that Freetime got rid of it would someone be interested in creating a hack where it can be enabled again?

Signed a desperate Simplayer...

Edit: Because of embarassingly stupid grammer mistake.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?

View Profile WWW
Re: Did Freetime do this to my game?!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 29, 11:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit more drama added:

Without any walkby hacks installed, my doorbell gets harassed all the time, even at night. Neighbors, townies, everyone seems to want to be my friend. I wound up killing nine townies last night. Smiley I don't have any walkby hacks installed, but most of MATY hacks anyway Cheesy

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 29, 12:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have that option. Or I at least know I still have the call guests to dinner one because I remember doing it yesterday. Was it one of the new dishes or something?

A proud thread pirate.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 29, 12:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without any walkby hacks installed, my doorbell gets harassed all the time, even at night. Neighbors, townies, everyone seems to want to be my friend. I wound up killing nine townies last night. Smiley I don't have any walkby hacks installed, but most of MATY hacks anyway Cheesy

You can use either the Hammer&Sickle (BRY) to make them bugger of or twojeffs' visitor controller (to be found at the kitten killer site) to ban all uninvited visitors. Or, if you feel like punishing sims for bothering you, the lot debugger to smite them.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 29, 13:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the call to meal option was messed up as well. It did change. You can no longer do it while the sim is holding the platter and serving (which is when I like to do it), the option does appear as soon as they put the platter down.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 01, 22:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, it was never able to be selected while the sim was holding it.  (For me, at least.)

The option is still there for me, at any rate.  Tight pants?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 01, 23:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird cause I tried it several times and I wouldn't get the option. And about the doorbell ringing... yes! It happened at one of the lots in the new hood. My sims kept waking up because of it... I was like WTF?! At THIS hour there are sims ringing at the door?!

Also someone please MAKE A DIDDLY DADDLY DARN ANSWERING MACHINE! I cannot believe how much the phone rings, completely useless! And I'm not sure if it's me but I noticed that friends would call my sims more and more persitantly. Even when both the relationship levels are rather low they would call at least once a day every sim day!

What DO like so far is that the kids go to their favourite hobbies as soon as they come home which gets fun up more quickle and it's easier to get them to do their homework.

I was one of those invidia users who were experiencing the crash and so far I've been playing for several hours without issues. So far... The only thing is that my sims tend to "fade away" and you see these greyish stripes and I have to keep on zoomign in and out to see them properly. I've installed new drivers but haven't tested them yet.

I'm not sure wether i should download the new BV patch either. Isn't this the 3rd one being released? I've only installed the first one and that was long before Freetime came out ofcourse.

Anyways... anyone let me know what you think about this.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 02, 00:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any doorbell ringing, and can call to meals.

I do wish the phone would let up. With this much calling, I'd like an option to the phone hack between none and 5. I want it to ring sometimes, but 5 is too long.

Is this a NEW BV hack, or just a reminder of the one last week?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 02, 02:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An option between none and 5 would make you unable to reach the phone at all, since it takes at LEAST that long to undock a sim and make his ass get there, if you wanted to answer it. My suggestion, if you really want, is just to handtoggle it. If you set it to 20, and you decide you REALLY don't wanna answer this one, you can instantly kill it by setting to "off" and back.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 02, 12:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I set the ringer to "off" as soon as I enter a new residential lot per default. The only call that matters is the one you get after finishing a novel, and it doesn't get stomped by that.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 02, 23:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's even MORE concernign is that my test sims STILL can't make anything other than the first 2 items available for the sewing machine and the potterymaker... She's been doing it for some time, I'm sure more than 24 simhours and she doesn't even have a bronze badge for either of them. She's maxed out in arts & crafts and creativity also in song and dance...

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 03, 01:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, it was never able to be selected while the sim was holding it.  (For me, at least.)

The option is still there for me, at any rate.  Tight pants?

The option has been there since NL. I have always used the call to meal option while serving to get all sims assembled at the table at about the same time because I have a huge number of large families in big houses, and it was the best way to get everyone there by the time the last plate was served. That option is indeed gone until the plate is put down, and the sim has picked up the last serving from it.

I don't do tight pants Tongue

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 07, 08:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to resurrect this thread for a minute. I just installed Freetime on the weekend after waiting for the various bugs and whatnot to be ironed out and I don't have the 'call to meal" option anymore either. Was the cause of this ever resolved and therefore I haven't seen it in the relevant thread or is the jury still out on this?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 07, 08:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can still only call to meal after the serving plate has been put down, and then only for a while.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 07, 08:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust Eaxis to bork yet another important feature.  Thanks for the speedy reply witch.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 07, 09:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to be really sure to click on the serving plate, especially if the food is in bowls.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 07, 09:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting Emma, I'll keep that in mind. Although I'm sure you didn't have to be so pedantic about where you clicked before Freetime.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 07, 09:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you could just click on the whole thing. Even if a sim was holding it!

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 07, 10:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not tried call to meal when the serving dish is on a table, but I always used to use it as soon as the food was cooked and while the sim was holding the dish (because sims take so darn long to walk anywhere) and that does not work with FT.

The walkbys I believe are caused by the Genie wish for beauty being borked.

More F than you
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 07, 17:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also someone please MAKE A DIDDLY DADDLY DARN ANSWERING MACHINE! I cannot believe how much the phone rings, completely useless! And I'm not sure if it's me but I noticed that friends would call my sims more and more persitantly. Even when both the relationship levels are rather low they would call at least once a day every sim day!

Not an answering machine, but I use the caller ID function of the controller for the DMZ... whatever those pay NPCs are called, I forget. But anyway, the controller wall thing with the temperature on it has some misc hacks and it also has a caller ID to let you know who's calling and who it's for. I ARRed it when it went pay for the caller ID alone, but if that was part of the phone hack it wouldn't be necessary... at least that lets you know if you should bother making them drop everything for it or not, though!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 10, 01:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The walkbys I believe are caused by the Genie wish for beauty being borked.
AHA! I was wondering wtf was going on. The house that I have the non-stop doorbell ringers at did indeed have someone wish for beauty.

I realize there are methods for banning people, but I still want some random visitors...just not 10 a day.

For some reason, random visitors stopping by has never gotten old for me after all this time playing TS2. I always get a kick out of it. But this...this is a bit overkill.

There is no way to fix this bug without having to ban the whole world?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 10, 01:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will stop after about 4 days.  I had the same thing happen in my game, and someone told me that this is a result of the beauty wish backfiring.  Most of the genie wishes have a chance of backfiring.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: