More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:52:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Xtreme situations that definetely needs improving
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Xtreme situations that definetely needs improving  (Read 11424 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Xtreme situations that definetely needs improving
« on: 2005 September 22, 05:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to try the zombie, vampire, vampire-zombie, ressurect  stuff and i noticed some faults on some sim bahaviors  that definetely needs a fix.

1 - if a sim has 4 or more needs that are extremely low, the sim will whine so much, so much, so much, that every single action that you queue will be dropped almost instantly and it's impossible to do anything, even move, so it's impossible to save that sim from death. i tried this with a vampire that i left awaken during daytime, and when i realized, he was at somepoint in the house whining and whining.
OBS: I KNOW i can use the less whiny hack (assuming it is fixed for NL), however thats not the point, i saying this because it's something that should be considered fixing in the patch.

2 - In this same situation, if the sim has platinum aspiration, his mood will still be at platinum. C'mom, if i were xtremely tired, xtremely hungry, xtremly uncorfortable, xtremely needing a bath, i could have even achieved my lifetime want, and i would still be in a very bad mood...

« Last Edit: 2005 September 22, 05:08:08 by linolino » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Xtreme situations that definetely needs improving
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 22, 05:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Linolno - why do you torture your sims? Download the Merola's Multi-Painting and boost their needs. I can't stand even to hear about low needs - it makes me cry...Smiley. All my sims are happy and rich - and the hell with the suffer, I have it in Real Life enough...Smiley.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 22, 05:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at torturing Sims.  The thing is, if everytime they are in these situations we help them get out of them, where's the drama?  Where are the unexpected catastrophes?  I will help out with my favourite Sims if they are in trouble through no fault of their own, but when it's some idiot who is starving because they'd rather play on the silly swingset, I let them go ahead.  They know where the fridge is.

As a case in point, Allegra Gorey died in my game about an hour after giving birth.  Her son was brought-up by his father, Castor Nova, who went back to his former girlfriend Brittany Upsnott and had a son with her (he'd moved-out when he got Allegra pregnant).  Allegra's son became a child in my game yesterday and I took one look at his sad little face and knew what I had to do.  Even his icon was heart-wrenching.  I got him to resurrect her and I swear his icon is happier now.  Either that or I am going (even more) dolally.  So, sometimes I am nice to my Sims!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 22, 06:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Gali, I couldn't bear to play with all platinumed aspiration and greened motives. How utterly boring. What on earth do you do with your sims? They are so easy to keep green normally, let alone with hacks.

In fact I had one of the flamingoes of contentment on a lot last night for a wedding, I forgot it was there and didn't delete it after the party. Well, I really thought there was something wrong with my game, the sims never wanted to go to bed and they sat greenly skilling ad infinitum. NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED! Finally I realised I still had a flamingo, deleted it and the usual sims panic and chaos ensued. Great, gives me something to do. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 22, 06:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have so many activities to do with my happy sims: I invite guests, decrease the hunger a little bit with Jerry's painting, then serve a meal, after that I put the "eternal booster" I downloaded from Simslice, and send them to play  games, swim in the pool, play billiard, and sometimes - with Merola's Mind control mirror - train the guests different skills (comskilling). Just now I had a family that had many friends, but no  relatives (such as Brandi who has 5 kids) - both of them CAS sims. The baby had to become a toddler, and the simulator sent me the Pleasants at the afternoon. I hold them until 6 PM playing pool and Myshuno, and watching TV - then I brought the little one to the cake, and had a pseudo-party...Smiley.

When they are alone - I send them to the community lot, to socialize.
I have the Eternal booster in each community lot, and can concentrate in playing, training and socializing.

I am happy only when they are happy...Smiley. In any other situation I am deeply depressed (really, lol).
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 22, 09:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you're such a sweetie I'm sure your sims are the happiest anywhere.  Tongue

I have to make a confession though, just the last week or so I've been playing with a slow aspiration decay hack, I got so sick of all their stupid wants that didn't fit my storyline. I'll take it out at some point, but just now they have to make the next generation. So I guess I cheat too.  Embarrassed

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 22, 09:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's what the LTW business is for, to get around the deluge of silly wants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 22, 11:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but these these sims have only just left college, none of them have achieved a LTW yet. The two sims on another lot who have managed to get their LTWs are great to play, I don't have to fulfil stupid wants, a big relief with romance sims especially.

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 22, 11:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha, ok.. you guys are all too funny. haha, Gali, yes, your sims must be the happiest sims ever. hehe.. Smiley

Jst to clear it up, i may have tortured that sims, but it was for scientific studies. I don't do that normaly. I was testing the vampire's death by sunlight and ressurectron objetc.

However in my case i do hate the easyness (is this a word? really, i don't know) that sims get in platinum level. i have a thread here called "raising the game's difficulty" where i was discussing how to make a hack to make the game more challenging. I'll get back to it later, because these lasts weeks im just too busy.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 22, 14:08:41 by linolino » Logged
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 22, 13:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just think of him as Dr. Mengele.  He's not a sadist, he's just conducting medical experiments.  Roll Eyes

I'd love a mod that makes the game more difficult myself.  One of my problems with the expansions, both Uni and Nightlife, is that they make a terribly easy game even easier.  Uni makes getting to the top of a career trivial, to the point where you can fairly easily max out several careers before your Sim becomes an elder and can't switch jobs any more.  Nightlife makes maxing out a romantic relationship easy, so "20 Loves" is no longer a challenge to achieve before your Sim croaks of old age.

I hate Lifetime Wants, by the way, because permanent-platinum elminates all the low-level difficulty of day to day Sim life.  No, it was never that hard, but Permanent Platinum feels like "Reward: Lose all your Want slots."

I'm generally not in favor of removing anything that makes the game more difficult, but I must say the whiny stuff is annoying.  "You moron!  Why are you complaining about being hungry when I just told you to go eat something!"  It's the lack of responsiveness that's annoying.  It's like a shooter which adds "challenge" through really bad controls.  Still, I'll never install a "less whiny" mod, and I've never experienced the kind of whine-crisis LinoLino describes.  It just never gets that far for me.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 22, 13:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...train the guests different skills (comskilling).

Doesn't com skilling conflict somehow with NL? Or is it that it just doesn't work on the downtown lots? It's rather dumb since they have new objects like the spinny thing that get skills up and while I know you can put that in your house, it looks pretty bizzare to see it on a residential lot.

I'm rather upset that com skilling doesn't work fully with NL because I'm sure once Pescado updates it he'll do the version he prefers only, which is the one that doesn't allow contrable sims to gain when they are on other lots. He's concerned about the Knowledge sims losing some skill gain wants. I however don't give a flying fig about them and would rather all sims gain anytime they do an activity because it's less work for me. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 22, 14:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

comskilling doesn't seem to conflict, it's just not operational downtown.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 22, 14:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok so, Gus, that's exactly how i feel. the game was already too easy. Then with university, it is even easier to achieve platinum levels since you get 2 more want slots.
Since the fears rarely do get fullfiled, it's xtremely easy to leave them in platinum levels, making the permanent platinum a useless reward.

But that's off topic.

Whining should have lower priority than user queued actions, instead of making them drop.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 22, 16:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, comm-skilling IS working downtown, it just doesn't work on downtownies.  It works on townies and dormies and the Sim you're playing at the time just fine.  At least it did in the brief test I ran on it where a group of Sims was watching the Yummy channel.

It does not appear to work on the Electro Dance Sphere, however, but I've only tried that one a couple of times and didn't get a body skill indicator.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 23, 05:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni makes getting to the top of a career trivial...

Yes, I'm disgusted by that too. I use simpe to put my sims at the bottom level of a career when they graduate from uni. Not only is it too easy otherwise, but I don't even get to see the levels or the costumes of the careers.

And the money - one of my sims got a reward of $50k?!? I got so sick of money flooding in once sims reached a certain level, I made a banker sim. She sits in a little cottage and my sims send excess money to her via JM's money order hack.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 23, 05:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Start ignoring chance cards, then. Money tends to inherently come flooding in once you know the "correct" answer to pick.

Of course, you could always pick the wrong answer, that'll get you assraped and put you out of your money, your job, or both.

Actually, money tends to come flooding in anyway since income invariably outstrips expenses sooner or later. Otherwise all your sims would go bankrupt. And since "later" is always so much earlier....

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 23, 07:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi and Skip had a dream date without even leaving the house.  All they wanted to do was slow dance, flirt, woohoo, etc.  They wanted to dine with each other, so I let them do that, even though they were already at Dream date status and platinum moods, I still fulfilled their wants and took them to a couple of places downtown.  They had over 4 hours left, after all.  It was funny when they woohooed in the photo booth and everyone rushed over.  Brandi had a want for public woohoo with three different sims.  Everyone rushed over to cheer and holler, and when Skip stepped out of the booth, he was waving his arms and hollering at me because he couldn't get through the crowd to the bathroom or wherever it was he wanted to go.  The funniest thing was when the date ended, they each got a cleaning point.  The message said something about how you could pick up some cleaning tips from a tidy date.  I don't know where that came from, because Brandi isn't that neat.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 23, 09:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

comm-skilling is working downtown. While townies won't get meters, your own sims will, and if a townie MAXES a skill, you do get the "skill maxed" icon over their heads. I have the easy skilling cheat hack (makes all skill points as easy as the first) currently installed, so I'm seeing tons and tons of those maxed skill icons downtown on lots with chess tables.

Of course, I haven't checked if the changes are being saved. It could be that when they leave the lot they lose everything they gained.

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 23, 09:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey SaraMK, good to see you here!  Smiley  How have you been?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 23, 11:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downtown I get no meter on the bowling alley, karaoke machine, dance sphere, chessboards, etc. -- for my controllable Sims.
In Neighbourhood comlots I do get these, and townies also get them. Ditto for Uni lots.

I understand bowling and the dance sphere should give body skill, and karaoke creativity. I've yet to test them in a home lot or neighbourhood comlot.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 23, 14:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that's odd, I did put comm skilling back in and am getting the meter on bowling downtown, at least with my sims. I should also mention I have the old version from MTS2 that makes ALL sims, even visitors who are controlable sims that you aren't currently in control of, gain skills.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 23, 15:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to recheck. I found the copy in my NL folder was smaller than the one in my Uni folder... possibly somehow the file got damaged. I've replaced both with a clean copy now.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 25, 14:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey SaraMK, good to see you here! Smiley How have you been?

Pretty busy with real life lately. I just got accepted to a teaching credential program, and now I'm working 7 hours as a "student teacher" in one of the most horrible school districts in my state, and I also have 4 hours of classes every day. With the half-hour trip between home and college, that makes for a 12 hour workday for me. I think I will die soon.

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 25, 19:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty busy with real life lately. I just got accepted to a teaching credential program, and now I'm working 7 hours as a "student teacher" in one of the most horrible school districts in my state, and I also have 4 hours of classes every day. With the half-hour trip between home and college, that makes for a 12 hour workday for me. I think I will die soon.
Oh, please don't die. Smiley  It does sound like you are buried in work.  Does it show any sign of letting up soon?  Any Sims time? (you know, the important stuff Smiley)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 25, 20:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: rainbow
Oh, please don't die. Smiley  It does sound like you are buried in work.  Does it show any sign of letting up soon?  Any Sims time? (you know, the important stuff Smiley)

It's just this quarter that's going to be this sucky. It's really my own fault for deciding to get both a B.A. and the credential at the same time. I won't make the mistake of taking this many classes next quarter. I have six currently, four for the program and two towards the degree. Also I won't be doing a full day at the school forever, just for the first couple of months. I can already sort of see a dim light at the end of the tunnel.

I still manage to play daily. LOL. Smiley I've just had to cut down on all the other stuff I used to do, like, oh... post in a hundred different forums!

Fail.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: