More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 23:27:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Matchmaker Madness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Matchmaker Madness  (Read 8034 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Matchmaker Madness
« on: 2005 September 18, 04:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, these Matchmaker women.  I may be wrong, but I think they are related to the nannies.  I swear they take no notice whatsoever of Turn-On & Turn-Offs, but I also think they have a very sick sense of humour.

I'm not sure where I mentioned this (I thought it was here but I can't find it), but yesterday I was in a house wherein live two single females fresh from Uni.  One of them (Janice Royce, former SS dormie) paid full-price for a date and was sent some new townie called George Miller.  They got on fairly well, although he seemed more enamoured with her than she was with him.  The next day her roommate (Arabella Goth, snooty daughter of Bella & Mortimer) paid full price for a date and was given ... George Miller.  They got on OK, but George obviously preferred Janice because as soon as the date ended he was swooning over her.  Arabella bought another date and was sent Remington the maid.  He wasn't in the least bit interested in her and much preferred to watch the telly.

Today I got recently-graduated Desdemona Goth-Dreamer (daughter of Cassandra & Darren and auntie to Arabella) to pay full price for a date.  She's never had a boyfriend in her entire life, because she's so shy.  She was given ... George Miller.  He had clearly had enough because he just walked past her into the house and there wasn't even a date meter.  Desdemona therefore paid full-price for another date and got an old man on his last legs who finally got around to telling her a joke after he'd finished rubbing his poor aching back (like they do).  At that point I exited out without saving.

With someone, can't remember who, I paid full-price then immediately after paid hardly anything.  The cheapo date was the only one out of ALL the dates I tried that matched a Turn-On.  Either the entire dating thing is backwards way on, or what you pay makes no difference.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
Re: Matchmaker Madness
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 05:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chemistry (and therefore, what the Gypsy gives you as your date) is not based solely on Turn-On's.  It is based on Sim Personality (similar personalities attract), Zodiac Signs (which partially nullifies the personality bit, but not really), Aspiration (which can be a HUGE factor), and then Turn Ons and Turn Offs.  It's very possible to match both turn on's, but have opposing Zodiac Signs/personalities/aspirations and therefore NOT be a compatible match.  It's even possible to be repelled by someone who has both of your turn on's (but it's not very likely unless they also have your turn off). 
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 17:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Matching Aspiration can mean compatibility? I find couples with the same Aspiration excruciatingly boring - unless they're Romance. I never pair them up. Guess I will have to continue doing my own matchmaking.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 18:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My matchmakers have been incredibly bizarre.  First round, Nina Caliente gets an old guy on his last legs and those are her turn offs.  Second time I tried with Kimiko sakimoto, a sim I rolled entirely to fart around with Nightlife stuff.  She gets a young, handsome popularity Sims that absolutely adores her, leaves her flowers, takes her on fun dates, etc.  They're wild about each other and their last date consisted entirely of them rolling wants to woohoo in the car (and can I state my objection to a lack of car woohoo cinemas?!  Sheesh.)  They only had one bad date, actually, just do to Kimiko being just a wee bit too frisky with her date before he was ready.

I have no idea how the matchmakers are picking these people to get such polar opposites
billyd-onethousand
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 20, 17:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not know why you all act suprised at this matchmaking thing being a joke. It is from Maxis! I played several houses for several sim days and had NO cooking fires. then the one sim I had with decent cooking skills, 6 of them, had a fire cooking a hamburger. It makes no sense., The matchmaking thing is a total mis-leading joke. Maxis thinks they can stick something in the game that sounds cool and people will love it. They just do not understand that we the simming community are not dumb as they treat us to be. Why waste time learning skills when they make no difference to anything? Why pay for a matchmaker when the the sims do not give a hoot who it is they woohoo as long as they woohoo? I have proved this time and again in the base game, and early testing of new socials in N.L. appear no different. Maxis has the base for a wonderful game but for some reason will not use any common sense or logic in the little bits and pieces which to the player is the game. Phones, babbies, mail, school, friends, on and on the list colud go of stupid things that people like J M, and others fix for free that the million dollar Corp. just passes off as it it doesn't matter. Sorry for rambling, just do not understand Maxis.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 20, 18:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chemistry (and therefore, what the Gypsy gives you as your date) is not based solely on Turn-On's.  It is based on Sim Personality (similar personalities attract), Zodiac Signs (which partially nullifies the personality bit, but not really), Aspiration (which can be a HUGE factor), and then Turn Ons and Turn Offs.  It's very possible to match both turn on's, but have opposing Zodiac Signs/personalities/aspirations and therefore NOT be a compatible match.  It's even possible to be repelled by someone who has both of your turn on's (but it's not very likely unless they also have your turn off). 

Everytime I have used the Matchmaker, she has sent me a Sim with the same aspiration, without care for my Sims turn-on's or off's.  Once, however, I had my Sim ask his date what HER turn-on was and she indicated she liked blonde hair, which was the color of my Sim's hair.  So I began to wonder if the Matchmaker went by the date's desires and not my Sim's.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 20, 18:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned, you take your chances with her.

This is, after all, a dating service (so to speak). Pleasure and romance sims can utilize her services in a very usefull way when they have the the '100 Dates' or 20 woohoo's LTW.

Has anyone tried to befriend her and see what the results are? It seems my family sims have the best luck with her.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 20, 18:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis has the base for a wonderful game but for some reason will not use any common sense or logic in the little bits and pieces which to the player is the game. Phones, babbies, mail, school, friends, on and on the list colud go of stupid things that people like J M, and others fix for free that the million dollar Corp. just passes off as it it doesn't matter. Sorry for rambling, just do not understand Maxis.

I think you've hit on something here.  Could it be, could it possibly be, that Maxis assume that everyone playing this game is as thick as shit two short planks?  Could it also be that they genuinely don't realise that it actually appeals to people with a little more than average intelligence, who will actually notice the finer details?  I had high hopes for the Matchmaker but I can see that little logic has been applied.  I had yet another Sim pay full-price and get this George Miller guy again - that's four Sims he's 'ideal' for now.  Personally, I think he's related to the Matchmaker, or maybe he's paid her a huge amount in bribes.  I know he's a Family Sim, but he can't be that desperate to find a wife, surely?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 20, 19:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the Matchmaker out a couple of times, and didn't like the results much.  I think she's best for Sims trying for the "20 loves" Want, or teenagers who don't know anyone at all.  Even so, you'll probably get a townie that you think is unattractive, regardless of what your Sim thinks.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 21, 00:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been happy with her so far, except the sims are dog ugly. My only grapple is that she gave one of my sims one really nice girl and they hit it off big time. Thing is, this townie has no phone. Anyone know how I could get her back besides using cursed SimPE. I really hate using it and stalking the streets of uni?

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 21, 03:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I get a date for my romance smi she is sent a romance date, NO MATTER WHAT I pay. I also get the same townie every time. For one of my other sims, she was sent an elder. I don't really like it that her first kiss ever was with an elder, but whatever.

While the matchmaker may base off of personality, I wish she'd base off of turn offs a little more. Mine never seem to match. Still, it's a good way to meet people.
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 21, 18:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even so, you'll probably get a townie that you think is unattractive, regardless of what your Sim thinks.

Well, that goes for any townie, really, doesn't it?
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 22, 01:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even so, you'll probably get a townie that you think is unattractive, regardless of what your Sim thinks.

Well, that goes for any townie, really, doesn't it?

I have townie-makeover for a hobby. It is amazing what can be accomplished with Merola's mind-control mirror and the clothing tool.

INTJ
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 22, 03:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've not found her too bad.  The only questionable incident was when poor teen Sophie Caliente (Nina and Don's daughter) wound up with Milton Mysterious (my meanest teen ever).  It also didn't help that they stayed at home where baby Tina (Nina's daughter with Komei Tellerman) was about to grow up, and Sophie and Milton both kept drifting over to watch while the date meter ticked away.

<insert witty comment here>
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 22, 03:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are my experiences w/ the Matchmaker so far:

---Leon Barker is my guinea pig.  He pays full price for a Family Sim townie named Andrea (he's a Pop Sim).  They get along well enough, though their turn ons/off didn't match at all.

---Leon's Frat brother Ashley pays full price and ends up with Chloe Singles.  Their date is mediocre.

---Leia Curious is my ugly Money Sim.  She pays full price and ends up with a "Looks Who's Coming To Dinner" scenario.  Twice.  Hello!  Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 22, 05:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a somewhat amusing incident tonight.  One of my male Romance Sims fresh from Uni paid full-price for a date and got Ericka Japaylan (or whatever her name is), the gardener.  All they appeared to have in common was that they were both Romance Sims.  She seems to have red hair, which is one of his turn-ons, but genetically it's black so presumably that isn't a match.  They had no chemistry at all and no romantic wants for each other.   

Shortly after the date starts, one of his 100/100 lovers, another Romance Sim, calls him on the phone to invite him Downtown on a group outing.  Obviously he had to decline, at which point an icon appears with her face on saying "Be Slapped" and she runs onto the lot like a crazy woman.  Presumably she was testing him to see who he would choose to be with.  What would have happened if he'd gone Downtown and met her I don't know, but she'd probably have brought all his other lovers with her.  I exited without saving.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 22, 21:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a somewhat amusing incident tonight.  One of my male Romance Sims fresh from Uni paid full-price for a date and got Ericka Japaylan (or whatever her name is), the gardener.

S'ok. Those gardeners have no class anyway; they eat lobster with their gardening gloves on.  Cheesy

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: