More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 01:02:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  CAS Hair Catalog Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS Hair Catalog Problem  (Read 3294 times)
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
CAS Hair Catalog Problem
« on: 2006 September 28, 12:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this when I was testing the packages for the custom skins and townie generation method:

Sometimes when I hit the randomize button in CAS or in BodyShop, the resulting sim is bald and has no brows.

I then try to change the hair style, only to find that the catalog is empty! The selected swatch is set to the custom hair group, and selecting a normal hair color doesn't change anything nor populates the catalog, much like what happens when you try to edit CAS templates of sim babies exported by SimPe.

I know this is related to a custom hair package problem, because if I remove all the downloaded hairs, this problem doesn't occur.

Has anyone seen this behavior in their game?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: CAS Hair Catalog Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 28, 12:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen a very few times, but not since I've edited all my downloaded hair.
I guess it is due to some incorrect hair file?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 28, 14:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the CAS thumbnails get seriously hosed (I had mixed sexes show up in the custom sims list, for example), and I solved it by deleting all the thumbnail files and letting the game rebuild them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 28, 21:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This time it wasn't a thumbnail problem Tongue

Today I actually saved the problematic sim templates, and their property sets had custom guids in the hairtone field, instead of the normal hairtone guids.

After searching for those guids, these packages were identified:

eb825c3f-494a-e2ef-6f82-8c87081c60e2 - beosb_tylerhanson_*.package, mesh_beos_tyler-hanson240106.package
50c16a8f-4240-e25f-e091-36bb3e1deca0 - kavar_bandana_*.package, mesh_kavar_twisted.package
27441cb5-4b86-e2eb-b17e-b6bb57a1abdc - shinysims_hair_*.package, shinysims_hair_002m_mesh.package
ec4cff6a-48f4-23c6-c405-c7b14d375d56 - sidesweep_hair_*.package, andie_mesh_mh_ofb1_*.package

The package file names were not the original, as these hairs had been color binned by me.

Anyway, it was all fixed after exporting the hairs in BodyShop and re-binning the new packages again  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: