More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:11:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons questions  (Read 4197 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Seasons questions
« on: 2007 March 05, 16:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi i just installed seasons, and im rather confused with things.
1. How do you get plantsimism? (haven't seen any green people in Pleasantview)
2. Does plantsimism has any special ability (like werewolves and vampres)
3. how do you join garden club? i know you need to talk to somewhere who is member, but I can't find anyone (my sims living in Pleasantville)
4. How do you make potions etc with the fruit you harvested

Thanks!
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Seasons questions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 05, 17:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Spraying pesticide on bug-riddled plants, if memory serves. Might take as many as 100 sprays to have a chance at turning green.
2. Uh... they gain a gold badge for Gardening, and can spawn plant babies.
3. Call them on the phone, under Services, usually during the day. They show up, you greet them, then ask for a membership card.
4. Harvest the fruit / vegetables / boots (yes, boots), buy the juicer found in the Small Appliances section, where the coffee maker is. Once that's done, click the juicer and select "Add Ingredients" or something close to that. If you have enough ingredients for a certain juice, you can make it. If not, you need more.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 05, 17:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think the plant people can talk to plants as well, and they have that "send out happy spores" or something.  I have no idea what it does, but i got the chick in riverblossom to do it.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 05, 17:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think the plant people can talk to plants as well, and they have that "send out happy spores" or something.  I have no idea what it does, but i got the chick in riverblossom to do it.

It is supposed to make nearby sims' needs decay. Weird. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 05, 17:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in that case maybe theyre not called happy spores...

Are the children they spawn just direct clones of them?  Also can non plant people talk to plants if their gardening badge is high enough?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 05, 17:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My PlantSim had twins and they were lightskinned/Brown Hair like the father. I don't know for a fact because it hasn't happened in my game yet, but I've heard that yes, you can talk to plants when you get the Gold Badge. Someone else who knows for certain will wander by soon enough. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 05, 17:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can talk to plants if you have a gold badge. The only reason all plant people can do it is that the game automatically gives them a gold gardening badge when they are spawned or turned into plant people.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 17:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the non-plant sim partner tries for baby & they are successful, the baby will be 'normal'. The only way to get a plant sim baby is to have a plant sim spawn one.

The plant sim babies work like alien babies in that they are a mix of the plant sim & a default npc something or other.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 05, 21:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correction, happiness spores are supposed to HALT need decay, not make them decay. It's a tiny amount, I think like 1 point per hour or something like that. Kinda like a walking, talking snapdragon.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 05, 21:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My plantsim did spores on her planttoddler and it... sort of gave the other plantsim sunlight. the kid was low on sunlight, so the mom's went down and the kid's went up.

also plantsims can prank-allergy spores on people to make them sneeze

INFP or something
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 00:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another supposed "special ability" of the PlantSims - and this is just from checking out the not-always-quoteable Prima guide - is that their needs don't decay... or perhaps to put it more succinctly, their needs don't decay like a normal Sim's. Instead of the usual Energy, Bladder, Fun, Comfort, etc., the three needs they have are Water, Sunlight & Love. As I understand it, Love seems to be like Social & Fun smooshed together. Water is apparently a combined function of hunger & hygeine, and Sunlight seems to be similar to Energy.

The guide reports that while PlantSims have fewer days in their average lifespans than human Sims, they're able to pack a lot more into each day since they don't actually have to sleep at night. Of course, they're kinda SOL for finding Sunlight at 2am to keep them from passing out, but there's that indoor "grow light" that'll give 'em the UV rays they need.

I'm actually really looking forward to creating my first PlantSim, but it's gonna take a whole lot of spraying to make it happen. Prima said, if I remember correctly, that after 100 sprayings, each following spray carries something like a 10% chance of turning your Sim plantish.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 06, 00:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually really looking forward to creating my first PlantSim, but it's gonna take a whole lot of spraying to make it happen. Prima said, if I remember correctly, that after 100 sprayings, each following spray carries something like a 10% chance of turning your Sim plantish.

Which in reality turns out to be just 10 times needed, and after that a 10% chance of becomming a plantsim. If i remember the other posts on the topic right...

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: