More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 12:49:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dazzle and Servos....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dazzle and Servos....  (Read 3130 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Dazzle and Servos....
« on: 2006 March 14, 20:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time ever I used a playable human sim to do dazzle, was selling a community lot deed of some sort, and had to dazzle many times to sell it. Before I even noticed it, my sim fell on ground and lost consciousness!! LOL
I have never realized dazzle can drain energy so fast since i been using servo to do sales since day one, yet another proof how overpowered servos are...

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Dazzle and Servos....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 14, 20:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem now to attach power to any energy draining tasks and I'm really not sure whether that's a bug or feature. It is rather overpowered and I'm guessing the former though I bet they say the latter to avoid having to fix it.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 14, 21:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still getting to grips with my first Servo but, frankly, I'd be irritated if Servo wasn't harder to drain than a sim. What's the point of a mechanoid if the batteries drain faster than an Origami Q1?

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 14, 21:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well their power already goes down a lot slower than a sim's energy does and seems to recharge a lot faster, at least in my very unofficial observations. I think the problem is, the Dazzle and Rally Forth ineractions are REALLY powerful and the loss of energy is there to balance it out and prevent it from being completely overpowered, but that's not true with the robots.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 14, 21:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Power uses a different attribute from "Energy", and thus Servo is not affected by any energy draining (or gaining) tasks except where specifically written. Dazzle, of course, is nice, but the energy thing is no really huge deal, it's just cost-of-business, since no other sales interactions have any real effect. A quick macrocaffeinate will fix that just fine. Rally Forth is where Servo really shines, since he's immune to the motive drains which otherwise make it a rather useless action.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 07:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rally Forth is where Servo really shines, since he's immune to the motive drains which otherwise make it a rather useless action.
totally agree with u
i was able to max a sim's 5 skills (starting from level 1-3), non-stop.
basically i put a sim into a room with training equipement, and snapdragons to keep all mood up except energy
and when the energy gets really low, i have my servo couple take turns rally forth in the room to refill the energy of the sim. and then the servo couple played pillow fight to fix each other social and fun
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: