More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 14:35:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moving the Business to a bigger lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moving the Business to a bigger lot?  (Read 6559 times)
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Moving the Business to a bigger lot?
« on: 2006 March 12, 23:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if its possible.  My sim started her flower and gift shop on a small lot due to shortage of funds and uncertainty of how poplar the shop would be, however it has grown in popularity to the point where the shop is so crowded my sims have problems getting tasks done for blockages.  I dont particularily want to build upwards as the building is quite quaint. I would like to be able to move the business and my employees to a new shop on a new lot, but Im not sure if this is at all possible and if Im better off making my most qualified employee manager and start a new bigger shop elsewhere.  Anyone that wants to laugh and poke fun may.

Axe murdered since 2006
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Moving the Business to a bigger lot?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 12, 23:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I wonder the same thing.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 13, 01:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone??? Maybe I will just have to back up the neighbourhood and try it.

Axe murdered since 2006
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 13, 01:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim would have to open a new business if you wanted to move it to a different lot.  You can put the things in the inventory though so it's not so bad.  You can sell your store back using the phone (and possibly the computer) in much the same way as you buy them.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 13, 01:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about my employees though, I finally have a good mix of staff and don't want to loose them!

Axe murdered since 2006
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 13, 02:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can rehire them.  Make friends with them first, so when you invite them over to visit your new store they will agree to be hired there instead :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 13, 02:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't move a business without sacking it and reopening a new one (losing all the business rank) in the process.

It's easy to regain that, if you already had a thriving business model. I sacked an L10 business, selling it for a huge profit in an attempt to fix something, and repurchased it again, building it back to L10 in a day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 13, 04:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about building the little store upwards instead? Have staircases or lifts.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 13, 04:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about building the little store upwards instead? Have staircases or lifts.
This REALLY DOES NOT WORK. What happens is that you simply get a massive traffic pileup on the stairs as roaming customers render the stairs completely impassable, causing actions to drop from the queue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 13, 07:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugger!!! Cry  Thanks for your words of wisdom guys, maybe I'll just make everything really expensive and see if i can get less traffic, otherwise I guess I'll have to sell up and buy another.

Axe murdered since 2006
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 13, 08:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other way is to ask them to leave. There is after all such an option. I use that for complainly customers.

Go Away
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 13, 12:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am finding this is a problem wih a small computer shop that Gieke guy got to open on the smallest comm lot. i was considering going upwards but obviously shoppers can't go onwards easily. i'll go outwards instead then
it's a real pity it's not possible to pack up just the premises and transport it somewhere else, i've often wished that facility were available
maybe maxis will make it so one day.....one not too distant in the furure.....i ain't getting any younger
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 13, 21:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the option to sell the building but move the business would be nice.  Hit sell and get a message going do you want to sell the business or just the lot, or in the neighbourhood screen be able to move business out and then into another lot like families, thereby keeping all thier loyalty points etc.

Axe murdered since 2006
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 13, 21:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the option to sell the building but move the business would be nice.  Hit sell and get a message going do you want to sell the business or just the lot, or in the neighbourhood screen be able to move business out and then into another lot like families, thereby keeping all thier loyalty points etc.

Actually, scaling the lot size would be a nice addition at some point. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult of a feature to implement.

Prior to OFB, I used only small 2x2 lots because that's all my sims really needed (who really needs a massive mansion anyway?). Of course, now if they want home businesses, it's impossible since all of the space is used.

Instant gratification takes too long.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 13, 21:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you could do this also.

I havent tried to move the family via the neighborhood screen though. Do you get some warning that you cant do it? Not avaiable?

I have already had to sack one of their business and restart it on a larger lot as their funds increased and space decreased. (those damn non existent cheesecake twins!)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 15, 08:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Business rank is not very important, because you get to keep all the perks forever.
the higher rank only increases the number of customers show up and nothing else (it seems)
so unless your business model is a pay to stay thing its not a big deal to start over
starting over also gives u the benefit to pick new perks (if u havent already gotten them all)
as far as buy bar is concerned, i think business rank has nothing to do with it.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 15, 08:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really easy with all the perks earned already to get your business thriving again.  I'm having to intentionally try to keep mine slowed down because I don't want it huge yet and it can get way too out of hand quickly.  I'm at the point now of closing it and re-opening just so I can be at level one again and have the time to start training the other family members.

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 15, 22:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point one of my employees has a 'promote to management' option so i may just make her manager and open a new bigger store downtown.

Axe murdered since 2006
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: