More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 10:44:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BABBIES & GROW UP
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BABBIES & GROW UP  (Read 7378 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
BABBIES & GROW UP
« on: 2005 December 15, 04:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi just a question I had to reformat my comp and then reinstall every thing again.  I was wondering when u reinstall do you need to patch for the orginal before installing any of the expansions. I though you didnt have to. To my reason for asking is my babbies are stuffing the mothers and fathers around again when they grow up. It is back to the stage where thay were before the patch for the origanil came out nearly 4 AM in the morning before the grow into a toddler. Cry Cry Huh Huh Angry Angry
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: BABIES & GROW UP
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 15, 05:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have the patch installed, the installer will patch your game for you.  You should see a window come up saying that it is making sure your game is up-to-date and it is contacting EA servers blah blah.  But I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having?
« Last Edit: 2005 December 15, 05:43:32 by rainbow » Logged
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: BABBIES & GROW UP
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 15, 06:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying that your babies are taking all night to grow up instead of growing up at six like they're supposed to?  I'm afraid that glitch was never in a patch.  It still happens to everybody.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 15, 06:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's the problem where you have sims queuing up "help w/birthday" for the babies, getting them out of the crib, then standing there like idiots w/ "help w/ bday" still in the queue, and never actually transitioning the baby. Since I never had babies auto transition, it's not as bad of an issue, except for the stupidity that ensues when they keep autonomously queuing it up on the babies' last day, esp. when you're dashing around trying to get evrything all set up for a bday party. You leave an adult unguarded for one moment, and bam, they trudge all the way to the nursery, only to have you queue out the action and be forced to trudge all the way back. Ugh. Drives me nuts.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: BABIES & GROW UP
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 15, 06:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I still have that problem.  It's very annoying, but I'm not sure how I usually work around it.  Somewhere along the line, the baby finally grows up, or I have a cake and get someone to bring the baby to it.  Lately, I've tried using the Grow up Baby on JM's baby controller, which works well.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 15, 06:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually use the InSIMs "Temporal Adjustor" to "grow up baby" after first setting the baby on the floor, works like a charm no fuss no muss  Wink
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 15, 06:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game also always manages to choose the Sim most desperately in need of sleep, food, not-standing-around-in-the-daylightness, or what have you to do the baby-growing-upping.  I do not want Baby's neverending birthday killing my Sims, thank you.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 15, 07:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game also always manages to choose the Sim most desperately in need of sleep, food, not-standing-around-in-the-daylightness, or what have you to do the baby-growing-upping.  I do not want Baby's neverending birthday killing my Sims, thank you.

I so hate this too, and not just when it comes to helping with birthdays! I can have a house full (and I mean FULL) of teens and adults, all with needs satisfied, just waiting for the baby to need feeding or whatnot, and who gets pulled to the nursery like he's on the bad end of a tractor beam? The one sim in the household about to pass out from hunger and/or wet himself! Totally ridiculous!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 15, 07:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually use the InSIMs "Temporal Adjustor" to "grow up baby" after first setting the baby on the floor, works like a charm no fuss no muss  Wink

I have the insim but have not been using it to grow baby up as it would grow it up to a child has that feature been fixed
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 15, 12:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah! I didnt know the JM baby dealie had a grow up thing, aha! I was wondering how I was going to get around this glitch with the new challenge since I can only grow babies up with cake. Thanks!
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 15, 16:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Morola's multi-painting to age the baby.  Have a hack from JM about not making a big fuss about growing up (foreget what it's called.) and take the baby/toddler etc. to the cake and blow out the candles.  Choosing when and who I want to do the bringing of the child etc.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 15, 17:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with the cake sometimes the stupid Sims won't age.  The problem happens when they have either a really low bladder, hunger or energy level, until those meter are up the baby won't be able to age.  Only solution is to put them in bed, when they wake-up you feed it and once you change the diaper you can bring the baby back to the cake.  That method have not failed me so far.  I make it a routine to put the baby in bed at 5pm or 4pm is even better if it is possible.

I hate the fact we cannot see the baby need unless we make it selectable.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 15, 17:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

moniques motive viewer is pretty sweet. It doesnt make them selectable but you can view thier motives, you can also set the viewer to automatically take care of their needs which will charge them a fee. Mostly this would be used for visitors, and I have never used the fee portion, but I do use it to look at unselectables motives such as visitors, but the game I guess views any unselectable as a visitor including a baby ,therefore it works well on the babies.

its at mts2
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 15, 17:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I age them with the painting the day they get born!  I can't stand the fussing all the time and I can't check that they even need it.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 15, 17:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheriem I do that also sometimes using Merola's painting to substract 3 days to babies life right after they are born.  The baby still needs to be feed once though before it will grow-up but it is really easy to achieve.

I personally find the baby stage a complete waste of time and energy unless a Sim is at home to take care of the baby which does not happen often in my game since I prefer that my Sims have a job.  At least toddler can do things!
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 15, 18:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly why Grin

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 15, 18:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip Nectere.  Smiley
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 15, 18:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a hack from JM about not making a big fuss about growing up (foreget what it's called.) and take the baby/toddler etc. to the cake and blow out the candles.

I think it's called noagingswarm
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 15, 19:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's called noagingswarm

Is that compatible w/ NL? I don't remember seeing it on Boris's official list.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 15, 20:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ It works fine with NL.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: