More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 14:49:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I could have sworn I saw this...Jail Ban hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I could have sworn I saw this...Jail Ban hack?  (Read 3906 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
I could have sworn I saw this...Jail Ban hack?
« on: 2006 September 29, 04:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had read awhile back about a hack that would disallow certain sims from appearing in community lots.  Something like a way to ban sims who are in jail from suddenly escaping and appearing in a community lot to fart and prank.
Am I imagining this?  I thought perhaps it might have been just a request I read about, but I thought someone had actually made the hack.  I searched all around the forum for "jail" but come up with nothing.
Can anyone confirm whether or not I am insane? (and possibly send proof in link form if I am not?)  Roll Eyes
thank you!
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: I could have sworn I saw this...Jail Ban hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 29, 04:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2271.0.html

I don't mess with jails and such but it sounds like it would work.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 29, 05:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thanks for that!  It's not the visitor controller, but it is the jail token hack from simlogical I was thinking of. I'm browsing through now to see if there's a way to block sims from appearing on community lots.
I'm not actually using it for a jail, but for my house of Geisha Girls.  It just looks too weird for them to be roaming around and bowling in their kimono.  Roll Eyes
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 29, 06:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd need both Inge's prison token and the visitor controller for that scenario to work. The token by itself won't keep them off community lots. The visitor controller will by default stop them from ever appearing (you don't need to set anything special).
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 29, 06:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful, thank you very much for that info...
That should work perfectly. Smiley
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 29, 09:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never played with Inge's prison, but I love the prisoner token and the visitor controller.
It keeps my servant and slave sims from walking around town.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 29, 12:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I originally made a small global hack just to test for the token, before Jeff made his controller, but I don't think it will be compatible with the current games now.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 29, 18:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, thanks Inge...I read about that global hack and wasn't sure about compatibility either, so I have downloaded TwoJeff's visitor controller along with your institution set.
I know TwoJeffs said it would work without any setup....Does that mean that as long as you have the visitor controller in your game, and give each "confined" sim a token, the game will auto-ban them from any community lot? Was the visitor controller specifically modified to seek out your tokens?  At first I thought I'd have to, at least, put a painting on each community lot, but when twojeffs said there was no need for any special configuration, I wondered if it was as simple as placing one of your jail/institution tokens (little cds) in the sims inventory.
That's what I took the information as, but still haven't worked with the configuration yet as I'm still in the process of building the Janpanese style home, but intend on having it setup by the evening.
Thanks so much for all of the advice....I still can't get over how very advanced all of these mods are....mind-blowing, really.

EDIT: Oh wait, I am probably getting the paintings hack and the global "adjust/visitors/ban from lot" hack.... If I'm correct in being wrong Wink then the visitor controller is separate from the paintings and has a different way of finding the (Inge's) tokens and auto-banning....That would make more sense to me, but initially caused an overload in my puny brain. Please correct me if I am wrong or perhaps, give me a pat on the head if I am right.

« Last Edit: 2006 September 29, 18:38:14 by OpiumGirl » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 29, 19:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know TwoJeffs said it would work without any setup....Does that mean that as long as you have the visitor controller in your game, and give each "confined" sim a token, the game will auto-ban them from any community lot? Was the visitor controller specifically modified to seek out your tokens?  At first I thought I'd have to, at least, put a painting on each community lot, but when twojeffs said there was no need for any special configuration, I wondered if it was as simple as placing one of your jail/institution tokens (little cds) in the sims inventory.

Yep, yep, and yep. Smiley
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 29, 20:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely, lovely and lovely.
Thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: