More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:56:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Automatic daily changing of clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Automatic daily changing of clothes  (Read 16140 times)
Thanatos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Automatic daily changing of clothes
« on: 2006 September 28, 15:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I think this is the first time I've posted though I have been downloading your hacks since the day you were at MTS2.

I was wondering if it was possible for there to be a hack which would make your sims change their clothes on their own once or twice a day. I personally think this can be done seeing the automated behavior hacks you have made.

What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance. Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Automatic daily changing of clothes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 28, 16:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Such as aftera bath or shower?!  Or at least after one of them.  I've always wanted something like this too, but in my case it also involves washing machines and similar items, otherwise they'd just be replacing dirty clothes with other dirty clothes.  Not that they seem to mind ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 28, 16:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a fantastic idea. So long as we don't end up with massive amounts of laundry  Tongue

Something I'd like (if it's possible) is the ability to tie a certain hairstyle to a certain style of clothes. E.g; if you are wearing Everyday you have hairstyle A but if you change into Formal, your Sim automatically has hairstyle B.

If this results in me getting pointed and laughed at I'm going to blame the missus as it was her idea in the first place.  Grin

Stealing someone's ideas is plagiarism ......   Stealing everyones ideas is research.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 28, 16:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To incorporate Ancient's idea. Making the sims change into a towel or robe (there are some nice meshes out there for this) then making them go to their wardrobe or a washer/dryer object and randomly selecting an outfit.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 28, 16:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I'd like (if it's possible) is the ability to tie a certain hairstyle to a certain style of clothes. E.g; if you are wearing Everyday you have hairstyle A but if you change into Formal, your Sim automatically has hairstyle B.

I think that is a great idea Wink

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 28, 17:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you be laughed at? It's a fantastic idea. I always have to manually change appearance for all sims if they wear formal, and then have to change it back right after. It'd be much easier if the hair would change w/ the outfit.
Thanatos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 28, 17:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually thinking of them just walking over to the drawer and changing but as you say if they can also do it after a shower/bath then even better.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 28, 17:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanatos: I don't know how big JM is on hack requests, but what you sound like you want is two things; one that spawns a version of the dresser image whenever a sim changes into a certain style of clothes, and another that causes a dresser change to change to a random outfit into that category.  You might be better off asking some other modder, but neither of those looks to be particularly hard.  Just keep in mind that random clothing changes can lead to ugliness, a'la the random outfit sims get when going up an age category.

Ancient:  Even easier.  All we need is something to cause sims to change from nakedness into their underwear, whether or not you want some form of towel/bathrobe underwear for such occasions, and aforementioned random dresser.  Actual laundry elements will be harder to include, but at least the dresser should avoid the "back into dirty clothes" issue.

mdrturner: Something in me says that'd be harder to do than it sounds, but if someone with more awesome skills says otherwise, I'm willing to take the brunt of the pointing and laughing here,
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 28, 17:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really like that too.  Now if you could put both the autonomous change of clothes and the hair together with Jelenedra's bathrobe idea that would make for a pretty special hack.

I would also like to see them change into their jammies, instead of them spinning them on right before climbing into bed.  I know that if they have the pleasure aspiration some of my sims will change into their undies at the drop of a hat, but never their jammies.  

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 28, 17:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think that changing into a random outfit after a bath would be a good thing. But let me take the idea one step further to address what someone said about random ugly outfits... The person could only wear clothes contained in the family dresser bin. So they'd still have to buy clothes etc, but didn't wear the same thing every day.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 28, 17:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One problem I see is that there is no way to purge the ugly grow up outfits from the family dresser, so you would have those showing up as the randomly chosen outfit of the day.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 28, 18:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah...eamethyst, that's true..
I would hate to see that happen.  I don't know if it'd be possible to exclude Maxis content from the list of outfits...
I never thought of that, but have wished for this type of hack for quite some time.
But, I don't think I could endure the ugly Maxis outfits...
Too bad you can't delete clothing from your inventory.  Then it would work out just fine.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 28, 19:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing to keep you from changing out of the uggo clothes. =p

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 28, 22:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd have to implement the "Casual 2" and "Casual 3" for the armoir, then modify some other global stuff (CT - Dress for Work, Clothes - Get Dressed For Public, tubandshowerglobal.Get Dressed, etc.). It's kind of sad that I still know all this.  Grin

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 29, 00:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always wanted the Sims kids to toss their clothes on the floor when changing, and then have the option of being told "clean your room" by the parents - and gain cleaning points.  Provided the do it, of course.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 29, 02:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing to keep you from changing out of the uggo clothes. =p

True, true...but that would not protect me from the trauma of seeing those uggo combinations of neon orange rave vests and plaid grandpa shorts.
It's a horror, I tell ya.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 29, 02:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned, a sim's uniform defines their identity, and sims thus stick with only one uniform, like normal sane people do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 29, 03:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of agree with this. Especially in stories - I think it gets confusing if sims keep changing looks all the time.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 29, 03:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have enough trouble telling my sims apart as it is without constant wardrobe changes.  My neighborhoods tend to end up with periods of pretty much everyone having the same hair color and/or skintone and whenever a playable comes to visit I have to check their name and consult SimsDB to remember exactly who they are.  Sometimes I remember clothes though, so a hack like this would probably put me over an edge of some sort.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 29, 04:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have less uniforms and more overarching "styles".

I'll have the older sis be funky bohemian and the middle sis be "princess" and the little sis be goth, and then older cuz is downtown Soho and her bff is op-art Mod with a punk rock little sis, and so on and so forth. Boys generally fall into goth, emo, "regular dude", nerdy, metro, preppy, downtown, or sort of bespoke, Brooks Brothers looks.

That's how I tell my sims apart. That, and I breed w/ the Maxis sims to ensure the occasional ugly.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 29, 05:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would suggest a downloads folder of un-awesomely massive size.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 29, 12:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't understand what half of those words meant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 29, 14:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for now, is there at least a way to delete clothing, even with SimPE?
Before (I think before OFB) whenever a sim moved their wardrobe would get deleted and I would have to buy clothes again. That was a pain but now the alternative is worse. The sims keep their wardrobe, even if there were 20 sims in the house, each having different outfits. When I move one out, that one carries the ENTIRE wardrobe with them, plus all work outfits  Huh
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 29, 14:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Touching the wardrobe in SimPe can cause Very Bad Things to happen. Consult an expert on the subject, first.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 29, 16:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then how about changing into undies until you go and change your clothes after bathing?(which would basically be a global telling your sim to change into undies instead of everyday after exiting the shower)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: