More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB - What works, what doesn't
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB - What works, what doesn't  (Read 44075 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
OFB - What works, what doesn't
« on: 2006 March 01, 20:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd start this thread... I'm sure there's much more to follow. I just installed OFB, have barely started playing...

- Crammyboy's nudist hack does not work (he does state that it is Nightlife Only).
- So far the one lot I've loaded had some flashing blue trees which I removed.
- More to follow! Add yours!

Edited to add: So far, game runs very smoothly, and is definitely fun! I've opened up a home business with a widow selling her late husband's masterpieces. The first day she sold 3 paintings.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 01, 21:40:53 by Pegasys » Logged

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: OFB - What works, what doesn't
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 01, 21:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your customers are playable sims from other lots that are visiting the lot you are currently playing, when they buy something, does it go into their inventory and when you go to their lot is the purchased item there or in the sim's inventory? Are their funds reduced when you go to that lot?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 01, 21:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats a good question.

It could really screw up a lot if the family members all spend their money with no control by you.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 01, 21:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the manual, the non-controllable playable Sims can buy items but they stay in inventory, and when you play them, you can sell the items back at full price (or of course, keep them, if desired).

Another note: The BLUR IS BACK!

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 01, 21:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your customers are playable sims from other lots that are visiting the lot you are currently playing, when they buy something, does it go into their inventory and when you go to their lot is the purchased item there or in the sim's inventory? Are their funds reduced when you go to that lot?

You get the option of letting them keep it or getting rid of it all.

I'm going to play a bit yet before testing out hacks and what not.  All my other downloads are being put back in..in fact right now I'm waiting for it all to load and what not. 
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 01, 21:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another note: The BLUR IS BACK!

Angry
 Cry

Those assholes.  Grin

Doesn't it seem like such a short time ago we got all our fixes and now we've got to start all over again...
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 01, 22:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: I have disabled all hacks, except the BLUR was really annoying me. I had been using CrammyBoy's no-censor. I managed to find Quaxi's NL no-blur hack, and so far it's working. That's the only hack I've put in, I've disabled all others for now.  Sad

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 01, 23:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does OFB automatically apply the latest Nightlife patch if NL is a part of your game?  (I haven't installed the patch yet.)
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 02, 00:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd start this thread... I'm sure there's much more to follow. I just installed OFB, have barely started playing...

- Crammyboy's nudist hack does not work (he does state that it is Nightlife Only).
- So far the one lot I've loaded had some flashing blue trees which I removed.
- More to follow! Add yours!

Edited to add: So far, game runs very smoothly, and is definitely fun! I've opened up a home business with a widow selling her late husband's masterpieces. The first day she sold 3 paintings.

I've got Crammyboy's nudist hack and I can see their thingamajigs.  How exactly is it not working?

Mooooo
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 02, 00:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got Crammyboy's nudist hack and I can see their thingamajigs.  How exactly is it not working?

Just a guess - Pegasys had been using Crammyboy's censor patch which if I remember correctly changed the executable. Maybe that was what caused the problem?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 02, 00:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am presently in the process of acquiring and scanning an objects.package. Compatibility notes will be available within 2 hours.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 02, 00:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is somewhat related to the topic but not in reference to hacks:  I noticed that my custom content (objects only) cannot be placed on the new shelves designed for stores.  They can only sit on the floor or on regular counters or other surfaces pre-OfB.  Which sucks because I have a ton of custom objects that would look nice in a store but I have to use regular counters.   Roll Eyes 
Maybe some genius out there can figure out how to convert our pre-OfB objects so they'll sit on the darn shelves?

Mooooo
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 02, 00:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to find Quaxi's NL no-blur hack, and so far it's working. That's the only hack I've put in, I've disabled all others for now.  Sad

Just to be clear, are you talking about this one? 

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=756080
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 02, 00:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is somewhat related to the topic but not in reference to hacks:  I noticed that my custom content (objects only) cannot be placed on the new shelves designed for stores.  They can only sit on the floor or on regular counters or other surfaces pre-OfB.  Which sucks because I have a ton of custom objects that would look nice in a store but I have to use regular counters.   Roll Eyes 
Maybe some genius out there can figure out how to convert our pre-OfB objects so they'll sit on the darn shelves?

Is that all custom objects or only certain ones?  It might be based on what the custom object was cloned off of...
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 02, 01:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is causing my game to crash whenever I try to have my Sim buy a community lot over the phone. I deleted all my hacks, and it's still crashing. I'm just about ready to say screw it, delete my entire downloads folder and start over.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 02, 01:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some issues with cc too. Some lots with cc simply refuse to load. But after which I moved the sims out and bulldoze the lot, problems solved. I haven't checked if those offending cc can still be used but it should be able to considering it still appears in catalogue.

By the way, SIMPE still works. I was so daring that I edited sims' data after installing OFB. SIMPE still work and I played one hour and the sims didn't crash on me.

Yeah, Quaxi's no censor hack still works but I am most curious about Inge's shrub and Monique computer. Are they working? I haven't the time to try them out yet.

Those careers are all not working. Did you scotty have any custom careers? Del them. They cause my game to crash when I load.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 02, 01:32:20 by Jysudo » Logged

Go Away
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 02, 01:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am presently in the process of acquiring and scanning an objects.package. Compatibility notes will be available within 2 hours.

If you do absolutely nothing else, PLEASE do a quick and dirty turn the ringer off hack for the phone. Since they messed with the darned thing so you can call up and start your business by phone, I can only assume the phone hack will not work and I will be forced to again suffer the torture of RINGRINGRINGRINGRING 'Hey you don't call my anymore!' CLICK RINGRINGRINGRINGRING 'Hey you don't call my anymore!' CLICK RINGRINGRINGRINGRING 'Hey you don't call my anymore!' CLICK... etc.

I don't have the damned thing yet (thank you Amazon for your pathetically slow shipment of pre-orders) but I am, ahem, currently procuring it through other means. However I did pay for the damned thing so as far as I am concerned I have a right. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 02, 01:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had one custum career. The Vampire career. And I deleted it, but I was still crashing. I moved my downloads folder and played a bare bone game. It worked great. Now I moved all my clothing and genetics back but left out the objects. I have noticed that alot of my custom objects were flashing blue again also. When CEP is updated I'll add them back. Hopefully that will fix it. Maybe it's something that Sims2Pack isnt seeing.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 02, 01:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to find Quaxi's NL no-blur hack, and so far it's working. That's the only hack I've put in, I've disabled all others for now.  Sad

Just to be clear, are you talking about this one? 

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=756080

Yes that one.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 02, 01:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had one custum career. The Vampire career. And I deleted it, but I was still crashing. I moved my downloads folder and played a bare bone game. It worked great. Now I moved all my clothing and genetics back but left out the objects. I have noticed that alot of my custom objects were flashing blue again also. When CEP is updated I'll add them back. Hopefully that will fix it. Maybe it's something that Sims2Pack isnt seeing.

Hi Scotty

I have a older version of CEP and none of my objects are flashing blue. Did you enable the objects when that stupid maxis warning msg came up? That list indentified mostly objects as offending cc. If you don't enable them you won't see ur objects. As usual, it hates 11 dots creations (I have no idea why) and it hates Simaddict 99's creations too.

Go Away
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 02, 02:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I got that, and I set it to enable. Some things were just missing alltogether, such as Vamp Cats custom cars. And a few other things werent there either.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 02, 02:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I got that, and I set it to enable. Some things were just missing alltogether, such as Vamp Cats custom cars. And a few other things werent there either.

That's weird. I shall check my game again later when I am home but did they disappear all together from the catalogue or was flashing blue?

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 02, 02:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do absolutely nothing else, PLEASE do a quick and dirty turn the ringer off hack for the phone. Since they messed with the darned thing so you can call up and start your business by phone, I can only assume the phone hack will not work and I will be forced to again suffer the torture of RINGRINGRINGRINGRING 'Hey you don't call my anymore!' CLICK RINGRINGRINGRINGRING 'Hey you don't call my anymore!' CLICK RINGRINGRINGRINGRING 'Hey you don't call my anymore!' CLICK... etc.
Patience, man! I just started!

I don't have the damned thing yet (thank you Amazon for your pathetically slow shipment of pre-orders) but I am, ahem, currently procuring it through other means. However I did pay for the damned thing so as far as I am concerned I have a right. :p
That's fine. As penance for admitting that, I require you to post like a pirate for the rest of the week. Arr!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 02, 02:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone have a problem with just the meshes of cc not working?  All the recolours of Maxis stuff works fine but all my cc for buy/build mode have disappeared except the fences for some strange reason. Huh

Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 02, 02:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I shall check my game again later when I am home but did they disappear all together from the catalogue or was flashing blue?

They were just gone alltogether. Some things flashed blue. Buth other things, like the cars were just plain gone. I really REALLY want to slap someone. Mainly myself for running down to Best Buy and getting this game.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: