More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 18:48:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot  (Read 20176 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 04, 18:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, don't worry about it. You didn't offend me. I have stuff going on in real life that is affecting the way I post, apparently. Please accept my apologies for giving that impression.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 04, 18:10:56 by Brynne » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 04, 22:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to hear that - keep playing your sims and ignore RL!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 04, 23:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like at least some people have been able to open lots with more than 8 Sims on them (and OFB is even supposed to have some partial provisions for households with more than 8 anyway, isn't it, with that cheat to add household members?), and given all the lot-opening problems in general there's no guarantee that the people who've had trouble opening lots with more than 8 didn't have some other issue.

Question is, has anyone examined the hack to see exactly what might be incompatible about the actual function of the hack, which is not to maintain lots with more than 8 Sims, but to allow people to get more than 8 Sims on the lot in the first place. I'm not sure if any of the functions which the hack affects (try for baby, adoption, inviting people to move in or marry in) have been changed significantly.

(Also, what's the most likely place to check for updates? I got that hack off MTS2, but is that where it's being maintained, or does Doc_Doofus hang his hat somewhere else?)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 05, 02:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that was the official thread on MTS2.  I haven't heard of him being set up anywhere else.  Someone needs to run it through Hackdiff.  Someone with an objects.package from OFB, that is.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 05, 02:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only message so far has been this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?c=1&p=1091660#post1091660
I've put it back in my game which I'm testing alongside other hacks.  I'll load up a family of 8 with adult couples to test it out.  I'll post results later.

happy now :-)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 05, 03:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, sandilou. I don't even have any households actually using that hack yet, but I was planning to start using it very shortly for the household I got it for -- wanted to be able to keep the Curious brothers in the same house and still let them all marry and breed. If the hack doesn't work, I'll have to put off indefinitely either that plan or installing OFB. Sad

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 05, 16:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the I playtested the Breeder challenge, and it was a bust.

The draft rules were:
The goal is to meet the "have 10 babies" Want, and successfully raise them.
Must play with the no sim limit mod.
Start with a new family Sim, or one fresh out of college.
You may not use life extension in any form.
TwoJeff's Adult / Elder age duration hack is acceptable because it doesn't change total lifespan.  This is the only way to play this challenge with a female sim.
You may only move Sims in via "propose | move in" or marriage.
Sims you move in must be townies, or playable adult Sims with $5,000 or less.
You cannot issue any direct commands to Sims you move in.
You may select Sims you move in to examine their wants and needs.  You may lock wants if you wish.
Indirect commands like "call to dinner" and influence are legal.
Getting caught cheating results in a signficant negative penalty.
You cannot issue any direct commands to Toddlers.
All toddlers must learn to walk, talk, and use the potty.
You may issue orders to Children and Teens.
College costs money.  You must buy scuptures worth $10,000 for each teenager sent to college.  Put these sculptures in the inventory of the teenager going to college.
College scholarships reduce college cost.  Subtract the total value of a teenager's scholarships from the $10,000 tuition fee.
Teenagers who go to college do not come back.
Teenagers who transition to adults without going to college must leave the lot immediately.  They may not take anyone with them.

I didn't work out formal rules for points, beyond failing on any of the important points being a big negative, and the final score being the number of children who make it to college.

Initially it was promising, because maintaining 3 or more Toddlers and Babies is difficult with a single adult.  Training two Toddlers at a time is difficult, and gives you a reason to really need the Smart Milk and the Thinking Cap, rather than them being conveniences.  You don't have much time left for career advancement or wooing additional spouses.

If you don't have No Baby Harass installed, the babies may end up killing the pregnant mothers.  They'll stand around like morons holding the baby while hunger, fun, and energy all bottom out to red.  They'll go feed the baby when they're in hunger crisis.  You have to spend a certain amount of time distracting them so they'll take care of themselves and not the baby.

The problem is that you can't really have the children and teenagers be hands-off.  That pushes the difficultly level over the edge when the child population gets higher, and there's the issue of homework.  Using "help with homework" isn't practical with so many other time demands on your primary sim.

Children make it a bit easier, but the difficulty fades away once you have a teenager or two to help with the primary Sim's burdens.  I suppose I could write a set of rules forbidding some commands to teenagers, but in general the challenge didn't have the flavor I wanted.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 September 16, 19:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/repeats herself

the one by Doc Doofus works with OFB, I've used it. I only stopped using it cause I always ended up with way to many kids.

Right now I'm trying out one by Squinge that allows 12 (he has another version that allows 10)
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=15442

/end repeat

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 September 17, 03:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This challenge sounds fairly trivial. You will need cheesecakes, and lots of them, because even chained end to end, 10 single birth is 30 days, which is longer than you get. Naturally, you won't want to move anyone in, because those people will be useless and simply get in the way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 September 17, 14:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, talk about necromancy.

It's bad, m'kay?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: