More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 06:36:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I need help creating my own Hobby Mavens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I need help creating my own Hobby Mavens  (Read 8935 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
I need help creating my own Hobby Mavens
« on: 2008 October 31, 22:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm building a clean hood, and creating some custom characters.  For some reason, the hobby mavens aren't working out.
I've made the characters in CAS, and used the townie creator gun to turn two of them into cuisine and art mavens, but all the other categories only shows "pollination" as the only choice.
Do I need to do anything special to get this process to work?  I've assigned them relevant hobby enthusiasm.
Is there any other tool than the townie gun that can be used?
Can I fix it in SimPE?  I've tried looking at the hobby mavens from other hoods in SimPE, but I can't spot exactly what assigns them to their hobby.  There's no NPC flag.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: I need help creating my own Hobby Mavens
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 01, 00:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a fix some weeks ago, here is it.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 01, 07:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Baah! Cheesy  I will use that.

I'm still interested (out of curiosity mostly) to know what defines a hobby maven if anyone knows.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 01, 07:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unclear as to how the game denotes a hobby maven, since Hobby Mavens appear to just be ordinary sims. They don't even, by default, even like their hobbies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 01, 08:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can't be as simple as just giving them a membership card and merging them with the Hobby family, can it?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 01, 13:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only difference I spotted so far, it's that they belong to the 0x7FE4 family and they have the membership card (and quite often they don't even have any enthusiasm in that hobby nor it's their OTH), so, yes, you're right.
The same way EAxis programmers did with tourists, locals, garden club members and social groups; clearly not the smartest way, but here you are.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 01, 17:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and quite often they don't even have any enthusiasm in that hobby
Really?  But that would mean you couldn't have playables ask them for instruction in the hobby.  I guess they don't even nessacarily have the relavent skills (ie max cooking for Cuisine)?  Well, what the hell good are they then?

The set that comes with Disiderata Valley all seem to have maxed enthusiasm and relavant skills.  I mean, I've used them pretty extensively as teachers for body (fitness), charisma/body (sports), creativity (nature), logic (science), and cooking (cuisine) as well as for maxing hobbies through instruction.  I just assumed that all hobby mavens would function in the same way. Undecided

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 01, 18:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're correct about the skills: they've maxed out the skills pertaining their assigned hobby (e.g. mechanical for Tinkering), but enthusiasm and OTH apparently not; I've just checked the Gaming hobby maven (freshly generated, and she has 0 enthusiasm in gaming, the gaming membership card and OTH = arts and crafts.
I guess it's because the OTH it's automatically chosen according to personality, and they wouldn't bother to alter the basic sim generator to take in account personality boundings for hobbies.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 01, 19:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So stupid. I edit mine in SimPE due to that. I'm actually working on a set of t-shirts to easily identify them, too. I avoid marrying them into families due to the fact that I don't want to generate more character files. Plus, they are kind of creepy. They know things.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 02, 14:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it's because the OTH it's automatically chosen according to personality, and they wouldn't bother to alter the basic sim generator to take in account personality boundings for hobbies.
Yeah, they don't even bother to make all maids/butlers neat, so...   Roll Eyes  lol

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 03, 23:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So stupid. I edit mine in SimPE due to that. I'm actually working on a set of t-shirts to easily identify them, too. I avoid marrying them into families due to the fact that I don't want to generate more character files. Plus, they are kind of creepy. They know things.
In Awesomeland, all the hobby mavens were redressed in a way which corresponds to their hobbies. Like the food maven was in a chef suit, the Tinkering maven is in the mechanic jumpsuit, and soforth.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 04, 01:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are in a uniform. Jeans and a red t-shirt with their hobby name on them. Easily identifiable from a distance as the creepy freaks they are.

Picture of the freakiform:
« Last Edit: 2008 November 04, 03:35:00 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 04, 09:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Awesomeland, all the hobby mavens were redressed in a way which corresponds to their hobbies. Like the food maven was in a chef suit, the Tinkering maven is in the mechanic jumpsuit, and soforth.

In my test hood I generated some with the townie gun and let the game generate some as needed.
The townie gun ones appear in full uniform.  The generated ones are undercover.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 04, 09:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are in a uniform. Jeans and a red t-shirt with their hobby name on them. Easily identifiable from a distance as the creepy freaks they are.

Picture of the freakiform:

Spiffy. Sharing?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 04, 14:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started a new 'hood and gunned myself some CAS "iconic hobbyists". Checked in SimPE and found that, indeed, their OTH selections were random (fixed that nonsense), but they all had max enthusiasm in their assigned hobby. I had far too much fun dressing these guys appropriately (I have a sad lack of freakiforms, ahem) and giving them groan-i-ful names, such as arts & crafts dude Angelo Michaels.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 04, 15:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

arts & crafts dude Angelo Michaels.
I hate making up names, in that particular area my creativity has a big gaping hole, but that's just the kind of names I would have loved.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 04, 16:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I made my own Hobby Mavens, I used the Lot Debugger to manually give them their OTH. So that they matched. Makes more sense that way.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 04, 16:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I made my own Hobby Mavens, I used the Lot Debugger to manually give them their OTH. So that they matched. Makes more sense that way.

This is what I do too.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: