More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 14:47:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Both Patches are Available
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Both Patches are Available  (Read 7505 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Both Patches are Available
« on: 2005 October 12, 20:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NL and UN patches are available at the main site, though the front page hasn't announced it.  Go to help and then click patches.

NL patch includes UNI patch.   The list of fixed stuff is pretyy awesome, but not so Awesome as Our Fearless Leader.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Both Patches are Available
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 12, 20:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the announcement is up on the main board.

Getting ready to install it now.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 12, 21:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sucessfully patched. Too bad all my dipolmas already got glitched. Grr....
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 12, 21:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sucessfully patched. Too bad all my dipolmas already got glitched. Grr....

Yeah, I feel like some of these fixes are for people who haven't yet installed NL. Another one is the fix that keeps their cell phones when you add NL. Well yeah that's all well and good but my whole neighborhood already lost theirs and I had to buy a bunch over again. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 12, 21:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixes I found notable:

There was the possibility that when using multiple nannies, one could become stuck on the lot indefinitely. Even after dismissal.

I encountered that one.  I ended up moving out to get away from her.  She couldn't sleep so she kept passing out the bathroom.  Starving her to death resulted in a lockup.

Chocolate puddles generated by the "Shokolade 890 Chocolate Manufacturing Facility" are now visible.

The chocolate toddler thing was practically an urban legend since the puddles were invisible.

Player controlled young adult Sims now properly retain their semester gauge level when being asked to move in to another lot.

I found it very annoying that a Sim near the end of a semester would end up repeating it.  On the positive side, it made filling the grade meter easier, but that wasn't hard in the first place.

Sims can now Propose > Move In or Propose > Marriage towards non player young adult Sims that they became engaged to while in college.

I think this means you can marry the cheerleaders now.

ims no longer get crushes from playing handhelds together.

It's not clear if HandHeldFix is still required because of the self-relationship / evil twin issues.

Fixed a reset that occurred after multiple generations of large famlies that prevented death from completing properly for Sims in large, multi-generational families. Symptoms included missing inheritance, tombstones, and a lower Sim population cap per lot.

This is a big, big fix.

Improved the cleanup of kicky bags (automatically cleans up any invisible kicky bags on lots)

Another important fix.

Sims can now feed smart milk to toddler Sims sitting in high chairs.

I never purchased high chairs because this didn't work before.  The parent would put the Smart milk in the refrigerator instead.

Wants for specific electronic devices no longer roll in after a Sim owns that electronic device.

That one was annoying and an obvious oversight.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 12, 21:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixes I found notable:

There was the possibility that when using multiple nannies, one could become stuck on the lot indefinitely. Even after dismissal.

I encountered that one.  I ended up moving out to get away from her.  She couldn't sleep so she kept passing out the bathroom.  Starving her to death resulted in a lockup.

I encountered this bug to several times and the only way I could get rid of the nanny was to do what you did move  my family out .getting rid of beds and couches and chairs didnt work she simply slept standing up! Iearly on decided the starving her Idea wasnt gonna work because my family had a toddler to feed.I got rid of one nanny via the cowplant.but my family that had the stuck nanny were in the wrong careers for the cowolant to be available one is a mayor and the other is a general

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 12, 21:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* looks like the changes to the "ask" interactions, so they don't cause crushes etc. didn't make it - so I'm now hoping for a mod for this? And so playing "food fight" at the table doesn't make them fall in love?

Unsouper
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 12, 21:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just pretend it is "Naughty food fight". You know, with whipped cream, chicken breasts and bannanas.

In fact I think a modder should make a hack that adds "naughty" to everything that can cause a crush!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 12, 21:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* looks like the changes to the "ask" interactions, so they don't cause crushes etc. didn't make it - so I'm now hoping for a mod for this? And so playing "food fight" at the table doesn't make them fall in love?

Are you kidding??   Nothing says "You're the only one for me" like a half eaten piece of lukewarm pie flying accross a table and smacking against the side of your face.   It's so realistic!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 12, 22:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laugh*

If they're going to spend forever sitting there chatting while they eat, I want to at least get to play and let them have fun go up too. ...come to think of it, I dunno if children even have the food fight option - need to check. But they should... shouldn't they? Or I'm back to just making sure they eat in shifts - less fun, but more practical.

Unsouper
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 12, 22:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll second that request.  My solution for the nannies asleep on the bathroom floor was to take control of them with Merola's mirror and tell them to Wake up.  Deleting them with moveobjects or boolprop testingcheats works too, as well as any visitor who falls asleep in the bathroom.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 12, 22:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laugh*

If they're going to spend forever sitting there chatting while they eat, I want to at least get to play and let them have fun go up too. ...come to think of it, I dunno if children even have the food fight option - need to check. But they should... shouldn't they? Or I'm back to just making sure they eat in shifts - less fun, but more practical.
Crammyboy has a fix on MTS2 called Eat More Talk Less.  Also modifies overeating by sims' active points.  It's here:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94886
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 13, 02:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if children even have the food fight option - need to check. But they should... shouldn't they?

Kids do have this option - and obviously don't get crushes.  But it adds more to social than fun, and social goes up lots with just all the talking, without making them pause to do the throw food interaction.  It's cute though.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 13, 03:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed the patch, I noticed that the screen that comes up giving you the option to enable or disable your custom content is now split into two groups: overrides to game behaviour and objects. It's nice to not have to go thru the whole list looking for global /semi-global overrides.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 13, 06:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I feel like some of these fixes are for people who haven't yet installed NL. Another one is the fix that keeps their cell phones when you add NL. Well yeah that's all well and good but my whole neighborhood already lost theirs and I had to buy a bunch over again. :p
I don't know if you installed the patch yet Motoki, but I thought you might find this interesting.  I installed the patch earlier today, and I noticed that a lot of my sims now have two cell phones.  So at least you can get a partial refund by putting one of the phones on the ground and selling it in Buy mode.  I've been getting $149 for mine.  I used TwoJeffs personal electronics tree to give all my sims cell phones after installing NL.  Either that or boolprop.  TJ says there is an issue though with both his tree and InSim that has to be addressed because of the way the inventory was implemented in NL.  Even though the Sims have the phones and have no problems using them, they still want them (unless you have a hack to squelch the wants) because those hacks add the memory token as it was pre-NL.  The same with the handheld and MP3 player.  I had some sims that had two or three handhelds after I installed NL, but I took them out of their inventory and sold them in buy mode.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 13, 08:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was the funniest fix. Pre-uni I only had to employ ONE nannie and they just kept arriving, a new one each day, wandering round in their underwear eventually. I had one house with four live-in nannies.

I had no problems installing the patch, went like a dream, removed the hacks folder first though.

I don't think the smart milk toddler bug is fixed though. Smiley I have a toddler who has only had one bottle of smart milk (since patching), the glow has long gone (ystersimday) and the IQ is still 300.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 13, 12:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the smart milk toddler bug is fixed though. Smiley I have a toddler who has only had one bottle of smart milk (since patching), the glow has long gone (ystersimday) and the IQ is still 300.

(jumping slightly off-topic)
How can you tell what the child's IQ is?

Instant gratification takes too long.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 13, 12:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can you tell what the child's IQ is?

JM's baby controller has the option to test a Sim's IQ.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 13, 13:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it looks like the "Ask..." thing did make it in, it just didn't get mentioned in the update..

Having recently graduated Belle Blue from  University, I moved her into a house, and into the Paranormal Career.  She brought home Katelyn Roomies on her first day.(Daily/Lifetime 25/25). After much socializing, Igot her up to 85/30 or something similar, saved the game, and tried all the "Ask.." options except "Ask..On Date" because   Belle's fiancee was in the room.

Not a single one (not even "Do you Like What you See?") triggered a Crush or Jealousy.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 13, 23:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody else having their nannies get an cancel/reset/delete error since the patch?  (The only one that works is "delete" which means the baby gets left alone.)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 14, 01:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used a nanny in ages.  But I did note that the Throw food interaction still causes crush and love.  At least the Ask interactions don't anymore.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: