More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 06:14:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How many discs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How many discs?  (Read 4513 times)
Arynshiar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How many discs?
« on: 2007 June 27, 22:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being of the non-awesome, and having moved rather suddenly, some of my sims discs are currently AWOL. Since I have a new computer I've wanted to install the games on here. My problem is that I have one OFB disc, disc 2 of Nightlife and then the others. I'm not asking for the serial numbers (those I have...go figure) but rather, how many discs did OFB come with? Was it 1 or 2? The disk i have doesn't say "1 of 2" or "Disc 2" like Nightlife does (i'm fairly certain that one's in the garage somewhere...). Anyone know? Also, as a completely random thank you for ya'll with the hacks here--you rawk. Definately of the Awesome.

Thanks
--Aryn--
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How many discs?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 27, 22:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB and up come on one disk (a DVD in the later ones). Unless you have a lame version, in which case it may come on multiple CD-ROM disks.
NL and Uni were 2 disks, base game is either 4 disks, or one DVD.
Arynshiar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 27, 22:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! That means I don't have to go back into the garage to look for the other half. Sweet! Thanks for the prompt reply.

--Aryn--
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 28, 18:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're in the States, well... at least for me, I'm pretty sure Pets and Seasons are 2 CDs.  I think non US countries seem to have them on single DVDs.  Dunno why there's a difference. *shrugs*

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 28, 18:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because yankees are lame and don't have DVD-ROM players.  :p
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 28, 19:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was almost gonna venture a guess to that effect... the possibility that most of middle America (middle physically and economically) might still be sticking to their older machines?  But... if anything, I would also figure that more and more people are buying computers nowadays, with the majority of computers probably having been bought in the past 5 yearsish or so... so haven't DVD-ROMs pretty much come pre-packaged with machines since then, or even earlier?  I would say that in the last 10 years, no? And more recently DVD burners being the new standard.

On the flip side... how do you rude peons Tongue afford shiny brand new 'puters what with your huge taxes and nearly double the price in goods, considering everything awesomesauce really comes out of this here Yankeeland. Cheesy  Must be all the money you save on not tipping. Wink

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 28, 19:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I were to guess, I'd blame it on Dell, Gateway, and other inupgradable prebuilt machines, which you find apparently a lot in the US.
Here it's far more common to get boxen that can still be upgraded.

Tipping: Feh :p They doubled all prices with the bloody Euro, so I'm not tipping anyone.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 28, 21:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame it on the prebuilt computers and the maxis survey that asks if your computer has one  Tongue

My main (custom built) computer has 2 dvd burners  Cool  my other (custom built) one (that my daughter gets to use) has 1 dvd burner and 1 cd burner, cd burner was needed because my ancient prebuilt computer couldn't read the burned dvds.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 28, 22:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Untrue!

I have a CD/DVD drive with Bluray capability. So, nyah.

But, yes, all Sims games I have ordered here are still on CD.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 28, 22:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading a lot of complaining when the first expansion that was DVD-only for Europe came out.  Some people bought it and didn't realize that they couldn't play it until trying to use it, some upgraded their computers, and others did without.  If they are only going to release one type of disk, I'm surprised that they'd choose the one that will limit their sales.

If we're doing a survey, I'm a US citizen and three out of four of my computers have DVD drives.  Number four is an old one and can't run the Sims 2, but it has all my old Sims 1 stuff still installed.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 28, 23:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My computer is pretty much bleeding edge. No DVD drive. Just never had a reason to need one, I keep recycling my 900 year old CD drives. It's not like I actually own any DVDs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: