More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 15:06:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bathroom Uses You Dormie Door Dance Deadlock Issue?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Uses You Dormie Door Dance Deadlock Issue?  (Read 7267 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Bathroom Uses You Dormie Door Dance Deadlock Issue?
« on: 2005 August 03, 08:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How's that for illiteration? I could have added more D-words but...  Tongue

In any case, I just noticed this right now. I queued up a sim to be used by the bathroom, and another sim was in there just about to leave. Now the two sims are stuck in each other's way, one coming and one going, and they are at a stand still. Oddly enough, neither sim will step aside. I know I can just cancel the queue, but again, as with my other issue, I wonder if anyone has run into this before. Is this normal behaviour? I thought that sims normally either give up or one will step aside for the other?

Ok, I just tried to cancel the action, and then the Bathroom Uses You logo spazzed and loaded up my sims queue. I had to make him Go Here outside the bathroom while cancelling all the queued Bathroom Uses You icons. Tongue

Dunno if this is possible to fix. I know that it's already been tweaked like repeatedly to try and avoid deadlocks like these. *shrugs*

Ste

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Uses You Dormie Door Dance Deadlock Issue?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 03, 08:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, that happened to me in TS1, but it was the maid and the sim. The maid wanted to go out, and the sim wanted to go in - they began to argue, which was a very amuzing show.

But from then on, I put in each bathroom a double door, and somtimes two double doors. That's what the simulator hinted - single doors are causing a jam...Smiley.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 03, 09:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. That's funny. My bathrooms are usually 2x2 or 2x3, and I always use one door. I never use the bathroom hack precisely because it's always so amusing to see how many sims will shove their way into the bathroom.  Grin

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 03, 12:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have problems with the Bathroom Uses You hack.  When a Sim needs to get clean but doesn't need the toilet (and I'm talking about Sims whose bladder is almost fully green, around 90%+), if I click on "Use Bathroom" it will insist on them going to the toilet first, even making them queue for it if necessary.  I don't know if it's doing it with dormies too, but that might possibly explain people getting stuck, if too many are being sent to the toilet when they don't actually need it.  This is the same as the situation I've always had where the females always try to use the male showers and refuse to go to the female, even when they're standing in the female bathroom and the female showers are nearer.  This might explain your other problem where the dormies are just hanging around doing nothing, if possibly they are trying to get in the wrong shower.  Mine will try to get into it forever if I don't cancel out the action.  It only applies to female Sims, as for some reason the hack is looking to the male shower first regardless of the sex of the Sim.

I've also noticed a similar problem with the Skillinator in that if I send YA's in dorms with separate male & female toilets to get Charisma, they will just keep on trying to get into the male toilet to use the mirror in there, even if they're standing in the female toilet right next to the mirror when I cue it. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 03, 12:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have problems with the Bathroom Uses You hack.  When a Sim needs to get clean but doesn't need the toilet (and I'm talking about Sims whose bladder is almost fully green, around 90%+), if I click on "Use Bathroom" it will insist on them going to the toilet first, even making them queue for it if necessary.  I don't know if it's doing it with dormies too, but that might possibly explain people getting stuck, if too many are being sent to the toilet when they don't actually need it.  This is the same as the situation I've always had where the females always try to use the male showers and refuse to go to the female, even when they're standing in the female bathroom and the female showers are nearer.  This might explain your other problem where the dormies are just hanging around doing nothing, if possibly they are trying to get in the wrong shower.  Mine will try to get into it forever if I don't cancel out the action.  It only applies to female Sims, as for some reason the hack is looking to the male shower first regardless of the sex of the Sim.

I've also noticed a similar problem with the Skillinator in that if I send YA's in dorms with separate male & female toilets to get Charisma, they will just keep on trying to get into the male toilet to use the mirror in there, even if they're standing in the female toilet right next to the mirror when I cue it. 

The best way to avoid that is if you don't put a shower or tub in the bathroom, in europe or at least we did't have it in Germany, toilets and and showers or tub are not in the same room.
Also I don't put mirrors in bathoom they either in the bed rooms or hallways so they don't spazz when they can't get to the bathroom.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 03, 15:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have problems with the Bathroom Uses You hack.  When a Sim needs to get clean but doesn't need the toilet (and I'm talking about Sims whose bladder is almost fully green, around 90%+), if I click on "Use Bathroom" it will insist on them going to the toilet first, even making them queue for it if necessary.
They only queue when they're not enough bathrooms, period: And sims are always made to pee first when showering because they may as well top off both meters, and peeing reduces hygiene, so it makes more sense to pee first.

I don't know if it's doing it with dormies too, but that might possibly explain people getting stuck, if too many are being sent to the toilet when they don't actually need it.  This is the same as the situation I've always had where the females always try to use the male showers and refuse to go to the female, even when they're standing in the female bathroom and the female showers are nearer.
Sounds like you've incorrectly set your seek designators.

The current beta available in the Director's Cut, not sure if I've uploaded the standalone, can detect and ignore mirrors in bathrooms.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 03, 16:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had problems with this hack in dorms where the public stalls were used.  My sim would only use the first stall in the bathroom and if that was being used by an NPC, he just wouldn't go and the entire macro would be cancelled out.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 05, 02:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way to avoid that is if you don't put a shower or tub in the bathroom, in europe or at least we did't have it in Germany, toilets and and showers or tub are not in the same room.

Oh, man.  I just returned from my first trip out of the US (well, except Canada, but that doesn't count.  Before you Canucks complain, Canada is BETTER than the US, imho).  I went to Paris.  It's probably the most beautiful city I will ever see, but the whole separate shower/toilet thing REALLY threw me off.  We stayed at a university apartment, and if you asked me how many bathrooms, I'd have to say 1/2 and 1/2, as one had a toilet and sink, the other a shower and sink...how confusing!
Loved it, though!  'Specially the public transportation.  Go METRO!

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: