More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 23:54:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  College Rampage borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: College Rampage borked?  (Read 2689 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
College Rampage borked?
« on: 2008 January 27, 07:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with College Rampage, but only occasionally. The "college/do research" option on my bookcases just vanishes. Sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not, but when it isn't, college rampage fails. The sim will go up to the bookcase and just stand there, with the college rampage icon flickering up in the corner, and they'll stay there, needs dropping, until I manually cancel it. They won't move on to do assignment instead. This is really getting frustrating, because I'm trying to get the last four Gen 3 spares of my Legacy graduated, and half the time college rampage isn't working. This happens on both regular bookcases and the Education career reward bookcase- either all bookcases work, or all don't have the option. This first started happening on their old Greek House lot, I moved them to a new lot but the problem keeps happening.

I forced error on the bookcase and attached the log. I'm not sure if it is what you need, but I figured it was worth a shot.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 27, 07:40:33 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: College Rampage borked?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 27, 07:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unsolicited force-errors are meaningless. However, if your "College/Research" option vanishes on the BOOKCASE, something is simply wrong with your game. The option is supposed to be there, for all non-graduate YAs, ALWAYS. No exceptions. So if it's not there, somethong is wrong with your game, period, and it is undoubtedly the work of the NON-AWESOME. College Rampage is not intended to cope with third-party hacks made by stupid people who want to disable the research option at random.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 27, 07:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I haven't added any hacked related to college or bookcases or anything like that recently, but I'll look again.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 27, 11:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy has two that would interfere (I'm pretty sure) included in his dump-bv12 download. Since there are so many, you have to RTFM very carefully to avoid conflicts.

- less-college-study: Requires Uni EP. Makes sims research autonomously only between midnight and noon.

- less-homework-uni: Requires Uni EP. Makes sims do assignments autonomously only between midnight and noon.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 27, 11:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect "autonomously" broke "manually" as well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: